The Student Room Group

If hanging returned ...

Scroll to see replies

of course the majority of my normal speak is quotes why should my internet speak
involve quotes too XD
Reply 21
Original post by Jallenbah
I agree with the death penalty in some situations, and I don't think it should ever be public, but it really gets on my nerves when someone says "makes us as bad as them" or similar.

They brought it upon themselves by doing whatever act was serious enough to put them in that position. I wouldn't say public executing a child rapist "makes us as bad as them".

I know what you mean but i know the perfect way to shut people up like that. Ask if they know the story about Fritzle or whatever his name was (The dude who locked his daughter in the basement for 24 years) and ask if what he did was wrong. When they say yes ask how that is different from when people are put in prison or is that "as bad as them"?

This being said i do disagree and think some crimes should end in a public execution. Makes it a much more efficent deterrent, and I'm not talking hanging I mean the old Arab thing of death by a thousand cuts. That'd stop the f*ckers. Thats for Paedos by the way.

Meh:hat:
Original post by kopite493
nope cause even the most basic of animals quickly learn to not do something that wil get them hurt

because murder/general serious crime rates were so much lower in the 1600s?
Original post by flying plum
because murder/general serious crime rates were so much lower in the 1600s?

errhhh no but that was cause there was significantly less chance of being caught

the whole reason we got rid of it was because of the whole omgz he didnt do it 10 years later thing

which doesnt really happen any more

so instead we waste valuable resources giving murderers and other vile poeple shelter food games consoles when not only did they rob their victims of this but there's also people living on the streets who dont get this we basically say 'on the streets commit a crime we'll care for you then'
(edited 13 years ago)
this depends on the crime

take a rapist/pedo

i imagine they got a kick out of the humiliation they gave their victims they should be forced to endure some form of humiliation as far as im concerned

This.

Its like saying prisoners should have the vote. No they bloody well shouldn't.

Why should people who ruin society a)have a say in what happens in it and b) any type of privacy if they were to die? Its the last thing they deserve in my opinion.
errhhh no but that was cause there was significantly less chance of being caught

is the murder rate less in the USA than it is in the UK?
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
The problem with the death penalty, is that if you get it wrong, you can't just let the person go again and give them some money for the bit of their life that was wasted. That's it. And out legal system is far from perfect - the wrong people get sentenced probably every day.

And if you were wrongly accused of something and sentenced to death, then you would not want the death penalty in Britain. I don't want the death penalty in Britain. It's not even something I'd want to see/watch.

Oh hi there, I notice you live in Norwich. So do I.

Are you my girlfriend now?
Reply 27
Original post by Redreynard
in saudia arabia people are beheaded in football grounds. and yes, in england in the past people were hung publicly.
i'm amazed that you have heard of the human rights act, yet have such a shallow knowledge of history and politics.

:facepalm2:
is the murder rate less in the USA than it is in the UK?

no but they also have easy ass access to guns :rolleyes:
Reply 29
Would be great, we could hang the lower classes and be free of crime forever.
Original post by 419
Oh Wow!!! Can't believe anyone would suggest hanging people for entertainment purposes :eek:. Thank God Human Right Act exist to stop such thing happening.

Sadly the human rights act doesn't stop innocent people being killed in cold blood, but it does give some protections to the perpetrator.
Reply 31
first victim:
no but they also have easy ass access to guns :rolleyes:

yes, but the point was that the death penalty was an effective deterrent. there is very little statistical evidence to suggest this is actually the case. whether guns exist or not.
Reply 33
Original post by Dynasty
Would be great, we could hang the lower classes and be free of crime forever.

i don't know about that dynasty, they breed fast.
Reply 34
yes, but the point was that the death penalty was an effective deterrent. there is very little statistical evidence to suggest this is actually the case. whether guns exist or not.

i've got evidence. saudia arabia is a poor country with big disparities in wealth. should be a haven of crime. two reasons it is not, firstly it is religious, and secondly, people generally don't feel quite so hard and tough and rogueish once they're missing a hand or a head.
Original post by Redreynard
i've got evidence. saudia arabia is a poor country with big disparities in wealth. should be a haven of crime. two reasons it is not, firstly it is religious, and secondly, people generally don't feel quite so hard and tough and rogueish once they're missing a hand or a head.

I was more comparing the US and the UK, but fair enough point. I know where I'd rather live though, and in which type of culture...
Original post by GwrxVurfer
So if you feel justified in humiliating someone this way because they did it first, does this mean that you think the rapist's friends would be justified in forcing you to endure some form of humiliation, seeing as you did it to their friend?

no by that logic
we should arrest prison guards for detaining prisoners
Original post by cttp_ngaf

Original post by cttp_ngaf
Oh hi there, I notice you live in Norwich. So do I.

Are you my girlfriend now?

Lots of girls live in Norwich.

And strange though it may seem to you, no I'm not.
Daytime tv shows could run competitions.

Be an executioner for a day! Just tell us how many members there are of the Cheeky Girls:
a) 2
b) 3
c) Potato

You could get McDonalds to sponsor them and everyone's last meal is a Happy Meal :biggrin:
Original post by Jallenbah
I agree with the death penalty in some situations, and I don't think it should ever be public, but it really gets on my nerves when someone says "makes us as bad as them" or similar.

They brought it upon themselves by doing whatever act was serious enough to put them in that position. I wouldn't say public executing a child rapist "makes us as bad as them".

That said though I do agree it shouldn't be public.

It's not so much the fact it's public, it's more about the fact it's not a humane way to kill someone. If a person is a serial killer for example, they get their jollies out of killing people in some pretty sick ways. If we in turn find entertainment in letting them suffer a long painful death, while they do deserve it, puts us at the same level, I think.
Don't get me wrong, when I hear about a b*stard who has even thought about a child like that, I want nothing more than to chop of their dick and force feed it to him before letting him lose in a normal prison, where the inmates arent so keen on peodophiles, but what makes us better than them is that we can control those feelings and deal with things in a humane, moral way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending