The Student Room Group

Police duties after being at scene of an incident...

Hi

I hope this is the right forum to post in!

My friend was attacked in a nightclub almost four months ago. The doormen made my friend's attacker leave the club and my friend sat outside where a policeman saw him and asked the problem etc.

Basically, my friend provided the policeman with his details to speak the next day when he was feeling better. He received no phone call as promised. My friend phoned the station and left his details again but has still received no response.

I was just wondering, where does my friend stand with this? Are police under any sort of duty to record incidents they 'come across' whilst out on duty? In particular, do thy have duty to contact us (as promised)? None of us really know where he stands or how we can help him, obviously the 4 months issue is a concern now, too.

Thank you for advice you may have :smile:
Reply 1
Depends is your friend pressing charges?
Reply 2
Original post by Aj12
Depends is your friend pressing charges?

one the one hand he wants to, which is why he's worrying a little about the time that has since passed, but on the other hand he is unsure as to whether he should press charges or not because the person who attacked him lives close, etc. and seems the type of person who would make life hell for him!
just tell your friend to go down the police station in person.
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
just tell your friend to go down the police station in person.

This
Reply 5
Tell your friend to stop referring to himself in third person.
Reply 6
Original post by Rant
Tell your friend to stop referring to himself in third person.

thanks for the advice, i'll tell myself that :s
Reply 7
Original post by LXXXVIII
one the one hand he wants to, which is why he's worrying a little about the time that has since passed, but on the other hand he is unsure as to whether he should press charges or not because the person who attacked him lives close, etc. and seems the type of person who would make life hell for him!

Well as others have said I'd say to go to the station. Make sure he has the officers name and such. And make sure he knows if he wants to press charges or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending