The Student Room Group

Help me calculate my isa grade

Hello everyone. I did my ISA not too long ago but my teacher could not tell me what grade i got. I got 39/50 for the A2 chemistry ISA. What is my grade. Thanks very much. :smile:
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Anyone :frown:
Reply 3
Probably about a B - was it AS or A2?

Sorry you said A2.. Probably a B/C
Reply 4
last year it would have been a C
Your teachers won't know your exact grade because it needs to be scaled out of 60 by the exam board. They take the marks of everyone who sat the ISA, and use complex statistics and equations to work out your final mark. The closest estimate to use now would be to compare your result out of 50 with last year's class results.
Reply 6
Original post by BOOM2011
Probably about a B - was it AS or A2?

Sorry you said A2.. Probably a B/C

It was A2:
Original post by Seasick Steve
Your teachers won't know your exact grade because it needs to be scaled out of 60 by the exam board. They take the marks of everyone who sat the ISA, and use complex statistics and equations to work out your final mark. The closest estimate to use now would be to compare your result out of 50 with last year's class results.

Last year it was 38 for an A and 35 for a B.
Original post by Vanny17
It was A2:

the garde boundaries for ISAs very rarely change year on year so going by last years boundaries would give you a good indication.
Original post by Vanny17
It was A2:

The boundaries aren't likely to change a great deal, so you're probably looking at an A as well with 39 on 50.
Reply 9
Original post by fudgesundae
the garde boundaries for ISAs very rarely change year on year so going by last years boundaries would give you a good indication.

Thanks.
Original post by Seasick Steve
The boundaries aren't likely to change a great deal, so you're probably looking at an A as well with 39 on 50.

Thanks very much for that. :smile:
Reply 10
That's what my teacher told me for this year's whilst giving us our grades in class.
It seems as though it's one mark higher than last year as well..

45/50 - A*
42/50 - A
39/50 - B
36/50 - C

Have a nice day! :smile:

* This is an estimate I reckon, and is subject to going up/down after all of the scores have been sent to the exam bodies in the summer.. But I reckon it's a good estimate, even if the boundaries are shockingly high :/ *
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Freddo:)
That's what my teacher told me for this year's whilst giving us our grades in class.
It seems as though it's one mark higher than last year as well..

45/50 - A*
42/50 - A
39/50 - B
36/50 - C

Have a nice day! :smile:

* This is an estimate I reckon, and is subject to going up/down after all of the scores have been sent to the exam bodies in the summer.. But I reckon it's a good estimate, even if the boundaries are shockingly high :/ *

Thanks for letting me know. I am so angry now though, I was only 3marks away from an A. I made silly mistakes. :frown:
Reply 12
Arghhhhhhhhhh I wanted to know the same thing, got 39/50 in my A2 and 42/50 in my AS. I was really surprised by last year's grade boundaries, I had 35/50 in my AS and my teacher told me that I should get a C but ended up getting 28 raw marks which was an E. I reckon 39 will be about a C this year (really hope it's not).
Reply 13
Original post by Vanny17
Thanks for letting me know. I am so angry now though, I was only 3marks away from an A. I made silly mistakes. :frown:

I know it's pretty daft..
To be fair last year I think I got 44/50 and got 54 UMS, so maybe it might go down slightly!
Fingers crossed and good luck in your summer exams,
Freddie :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Freddo:)
I know it's pretty daft..
To be fair last year I think I got 44/50 and got 54 UMS, so maybe it might go down slightly!
Fingers crossed and good luck in your summer exams,
Freddie :smile:

I hope it does go down. Thanks. You too. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending