The Student Room Group

I need some advice. I'm in a lost situation...

I am currently in a lost situation because I am not sure if I should stay in Korea and attend international school or move to UK to study A levels. My grade is currently 11th grade and turning 12th grade soon. In order for me to go to UK schools I need to get the visa (obviously). However, in order to get the visa I have to take english proficiency exam. The options for english proficiency exam in the visa requirements were PTE, IELTS and TOEFL. I already booked PTE exam because PTE exam result comes out in 2 in days. Yet, the school in UK said they want IELTS. If I do IELTS it takes 2 weeks to get the result and visa takes 3 weeks, which makes me to miss the school for a month. So right now Im in a lost situation. (PS. I already interviewed with the UK school and they wish me to attend their school as well.)
The reason why started to consider moving into UK school is because I plan to go to university in UK. With A levels it will be easier for me to go to UK universities as they prefer A level scores. Also, my family is currently in bad financial situation right now. I stayed at international school in Korea from 9th grade to 11th grade. Their tuition fee is 30,000$ and 20,000$ for dorm. On the other hand, the UK school that I'm trying to attend is one third of the tuition fee.
Will it hurt if I miss first month of year 12 A-levels? What should I do?
Original post by tryingtobebetter
I am currently in a lost situation because I am not sure if I should stay in Korea and attend international school or move to UK to study A levels. My grade is currently 11th grade and turning 12th grade soon. In order for me to go to UK schools I need to get the visa (obviously). However, in order to get the visa I have to take english proficiency exam. The options for english proficiency exam in the visa requirements were PTE, IELTS and TOEFL. I already booked PTE exam because PTE exam result comes out in 2 in days. Yet, the school in UK said they want IELTS. If I do IELTS it takes 2 weeks to get the result and visa takes 3 weeks, which makes me to miss the school for a month. So right now Im in a lost situation. (PS. I already interviewed with the UK school and they wish me to attend their school as well.)
The reason why started to consider moving into UK school is because I plan to go to university in UK. With A levels it will be easier for me to go to UK universities as they prefer A level scores. Also, my family is currently in bad financial situation right now. I stayed at international school in Korea from 9th grade to 11th grade. Their tuition fee is 30,000$ and 20,000$ for dorm. On the other hand, the UK school that I'm trying to attend is one third of the tuition fee.
Will it hurt if I miss first month of year 12 A-levels? What should I do?

You need to speak to the UK school. IELTS is probably your only choice, so get it booked asap. The school will also have a view on whether missing a month isa problem - it probably is, but it depends a little on the school.
Original post by threeportdrift
You need to speak to the UK school. IELTS is probably your only choice, so get it booked asap. The school will also have a view on whether missing a month isa problem - it probably is, but it depends a little on the school.

Thank you for replying. I will email them about my concerns :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending