The Student Room Group

Conditional offer

Okay this is a kinda confusing situation but I ended up dropping one subject to pick up another in AS therefore I already have a C and and a B Alevel in English and Religion,I've decided to retake an English module to get an A while studying media and ict. By August I should have an AAC and a Distinction * however my offers have just came in and the uni is asking for a BBB and distinction* at the end of the offer they state "In view of the mix of qualifications you are taking, an alternative combination of grades may be acceptable in August and each case will be considered on its own merits at that time." Does this mean I have a chance of being accepted despite the C in religion? (I have no intention of repeating religion once was enough haha) the course I'm applying for is English if that helps
Original post by Katanana
Okay this is a kinda confusing situation but I ended up dropping one subject to pick up another in AS therefore I already have a C and and a B Alevel in English and Religion,I've decided to retake an English module to get an A while studying media and ict. By August I should have an AAC and a Distinction * however my offers have just came in and the uni is asking for a BBB and distinction* at the end of the offer they state "In view of the mix of qualifications you are taking, an alternative combination of grades may be acceptable in August and each case will be considered on its own merits at that time." Does this mean I have a chance of being accepted despite the C in religion? (I have no intention of repeating religion once was enough haha) the course I'm applying for is English if that helps

Hi @Katanana

Have you applied through UCAS? I think you will still be accepted with a C in Religion according to the UCAS Tariff Points - Calculate Your Entry Requirements (UCAS points calculator) which you can use to calculate what the grades convert to in UCAS points. An AAC would be more points than a BBB and so therefore be more points than the universities are asking for. Also like you mentioned you will be studying English not Religion and so the grade you get in English I assume will be more valued and an A would be an amazing grade!

Good Luck with your application! I hope this help :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Reply 2
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi @Katanana

Have you applied through UCAS? I think you will still be accepted with a C in Religion according to the UCAS Tariff Points - Calculate Your Entry Requirements (UCAS points calculator) which you can use to calculate what the grades convert to in UCAS points. An AAC would be more points than a BBB and so therefore be more points than the universities are asking for. Also like you mentioned you will be studying English not Religion and so the grade you get in English I assume will be more valued and an A would be an amazing grade!

Good Luck with your application! I hope this help :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)

Thank you! I was very anxious hahaha so this put me at ease
Original post by Katanana
Thank you! I was very anxious hahaha so this put me at ease

Hi @Katanana

No worries! I'm glad to hear it :smile:

-Grace (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending