The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by francistheswole
i dunno how much is it monthly but for a year i think you can buy a pass for 200, and if you live on some of the city campuses you get free bus travel.

Thanks for the reply
I am going to rent a flat somewhere near the rail station :biggrin:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by francistheswole
came back from the nottingham trent open day. the uni is hyoogeee. the facilities are pretty good. the sports center is amazing! the gym is brand new and is pretty big. the lrc is kinda old looking but who cares its a library. Peverell isn't run down, i went into one of the rooms, it may be a bit small but it looks like a lot of fun. i couldn't take any pictures. i went on the uni link bus, it's pretty quick to get to the city center from clifton. about 15-20mins so if you commute from city to clifton it won't take long and nights out won't be a problem. but the bus routes and stops are kinda confusing.

the city center itself is exciting everything is close by etc.

sorry for the quick review. i know i'm gonna have a **** load of fun at NTU and i've just firmed it :biggrin:

edit: if any of you guys have questions i'll try to answer them

squat racks in the gym?
Reply 782
Original post by AmyBea
i really want it as well!! looks really nice, you said you were in it? its good to talk to someone in the same position of being that year older! if we both get gill which im sure we will, we should definetly swap details or something be good to know someone!

im doing it at epsom UCA, its okay just very close to home! i literally can not wait for this course, was notthingham nice when you were there for freshers?

Just noticed people wanting to book gill street, i've just booked my room there and would be lovely to know people when everyone moves in if youre lucky to get it!
Original post by cappleby118
Just booked my room at Hampden hall, Flat 13! Anyone else at Hampden? :smile:

I'm considering that one.... :unsure: Heard they're small buts all I can afford, was going for Gill Street but I don't think I can afford that much for accommodation. :frown:
Reply 784
[QUOTE="kginge;30865878"]
Original post by AmyBea
i really want it as well!! looks really nice, you said you were in it? its good to talk to someone in the same position of being that year older! if we both get gill which im sure we will, we should definetly swap details or something be good to know someone!

im doing it at epsom UCA, its okay just very close to home! i literally can not wait for this course, was notthingham nice when you were there for freshers?

Just noticed people wanting to book gill street, i've just booked my room there and would be lovely to know people when everyone moves in if youre lucky to get it!

yep im in gill street! block a floor 2 cant remember number! you?
Reply 785
Confirmed in December as soon as i got my offer :biggrin:
Anyone going for Peverell?
Original post by BencherBoy
squat racks in the gym?

i'm not sure. the gym is structured kinda strangely. but i think it does. and if it doesn't, it doesn't matter because if you pay for the NTU gym you can also use nottingham university facilities(their gym, swimming pool) not only that there are a **** load of gyms in the city center which are all cheap. 15quid a month.

but the gym at NTU is nice, the whole sports center is,
Reply 787
Hopefully booking my room at Hampden tomorroooooow! :awesome:

Good luck!!! hopefuly you will get a room, as alot of them lookked unavailable when i did mine x
Original post by edbanger
Good luck!!! hopefuly you will get a room, as alot of them lookked unavailable when i did mine x

Aha, oh I've got my room, Flat 13 yaaayy! Maybe i'll see you around some time!:hi:
Reply 789
Aha, oh I've got my room, Flat 13 yaaayy! Maybe i'll see you around some time!:hi:

Sweet! Cant wait for September, am sure we will, freshers madness! haha
Well, I just Firmed and booked my accommodation (Gill Street), I'll be studying Fine Art!
Kind of would be neat to meet other people who will be living at Gill Street? (Specifically Block E, but anything's fine).
I spend most of my weekends in Nottingham, anyway, so I know the place pretty well. Pretty excited!
Reply 791
Original post by ohmessylife
Well, I just Firmed and booked my accommodation (Gill Street), I'll be studying Fine Art!
Kind of would be neat to meet other people who will be living at Gill Street? (Specifically Block E, but anything's fine).
I spend most of my weekends in Nottingham, anyway, so I know the place pretty well. Pretty excited!

Hi! I've also booked Gill street block E too!! i'm going to be studying Fashion communication and promotion :smile:
Reply 792
Original post by AmyBea

[QUOTE="AmyBea;30870862"]
Original post by kginge

yep im in gill street! block a floor 2 cant remember number! you?

I'm Floor 3, Block E! :smile: what are you studying?
Original post by kginge
Hi! I've also booked Gill street block E too!! i'm going to be studying Fashion communication and promotion :smile:

Neat! I think I'm on floor 2, or 3, I kind of booked it when I was very tired.. Hah!
I read that it's a really good block because of the communal outdoor area or something, sounds good!
got an offer from them may end up being my no.1 choice but hopefully is insurance.
Original post by Weloveclover
got an offer from them may end up being my no.1 choice but hopefully is insurance.

offensive
offensive

It's ok, he's doing photography :colondollar:
Insurance for Journalism! I had a quick look at the accommodation, do you have to pay a £250 deposit when you apply? Seems a bit of a rip! What accommodation is everyone looking at? Gill Street looks my favourite so far...
offensive

would you like to expand on that a bit more? Are you doing photography as well? Because it was the course facillities that were my problem not the uni.
Reply 799
Neat! I think I'm on floor 2, or 3, I kind of booked it when I was very tired.. Hah!
I read that it's a really good block because of the communal outdoor area or something, sounds good!

yeah, it looks lovely! My flats E467 i think... ha i cant remember much either! but i want to know a few people at least before i go! I just picked randomly, the website was abit confusing, i was trying to work out which way the buildings faced and everything haa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending