The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Accounting & Finance - Warwick

Would love to hear from current students please...

What is the Accounting & Finance course at Warwick like?
Is it that challenging to get a first?
Any potential Investment Banking applicants finding it easy/hard to get through doors?

Your help is greatly appreciated :biggrin:.
Original post by iInvestmentBanker
Would love to hear from current students please...

What is the Accounting & Finance course at Warwick like?
Is it that challenging to get a first?
Any potential Investment Banking applicants finding it easy/hard to get through doors?

Your help is greatly appreciated :biggrin:.

Check out the last page of the 'A week in the life: Warwick' thread, there's some stuff on Management (a course in WBS, it's quite similar). As for IB, check out these stats so far on Spring Weeks this year - Warwick is second, after Oxford (and on par with LSE/Cam) for number of attendees this year.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by TheTallOne
Check out the last page of the 'A week in the life: Warwick' thread, there's some stuff on Management (a course in WBS, it's quite similar). As for IB, check out these stats so far on Spring Weeks this year - Warwick is second, after Oxford (and on par with LSE/Cam) for number of attendees this year.

Thanks is it really like Management?

Everyone is saying Management is really easy.

In first year, 5 of the 10 courses are shared: Economics for Business I EC131, Integrative Project: Business Planning IB115, Quantitative Analysis for Management I and Quantitative Analysis for Management II IB121/2 and Introduction to Financial Accounting IB124.

The five courses in Management:
Markets, Marketing and Strategy IB117
Management, Organisation and Society I IB118
Management, Organisation and Society II IB119
Operations Management IB120
Foundations of Financial Management IB125

And five courses in Accounting and Finance:
Business in Social and Political Context IB112
Business Law IB113
Financial Management IB114
Foundations of Management Accounting IB116
Understanding Organisational Behaviour IB123

Second year there is more divergence in course structure but 20% is still the same in year 2.

Check out the course regulations and WBS course descriptors for more info :smile:
Reply 4

Not sure who told you that lol, there are a lot more optional modules than accounting so you can try and pick modules you might find easier if you want but still far from being easy....lets face it its warwick so its not going to be easy lol.
Original post by Greg1989
Not sure who told you that lol, there are a lot more optional modules than accounting so you can try and pick modules you might find easier if you want but still far from being easy....lets face it its warwick so its not going to be easy lol.

The fact that you only need to take one level 3 module with Management in your entire degree is probably why it is easier!
Reply 6
The fact that you only need to take one level 3 module with Management in your entire degree is probably why it is easier!

true that means it CAN be easier but dosnt mean it IS easier. as i already said you can pick easier modules, but personally i think that would devalue the degree, after all the majority of decent grad schemes ask you to list modules these days so its never a wise idea to just go for the lower one (not leas of all as they often say in the title foundation, basic etc) so I doubt many people would ever only have the one level 3 module
Most people, myself included, will probably pick accounting modules anyway to get exemptions from ACCA exams in later years
Reply 8
Original post by FatboyGinger
Most people, myself included, will probably pick accounting modules anyway to get exemptions from ACCA exams in later years

Hi,
If you want to know about exemptions you can get to the ACCA Qualification, visit http://www2.accaglobal.com/join/exemptions/ for more information. Hope this helps
Laura :smile:
(ACCA Official Representative)

Hi, Oxford only offer Accounting and Finance in Gradute School but not undergraduate. We could not compare Oxford with Warwick or LSE at undergradure programs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by stephenchanhk
Hi, Oxford only offer Accounting and Finance in Gradute School but not undergraduate. We could not compare Oxford with Warwick or LSE at undergradure programs.

The equivalent undergraduate course at Oxford is Economics and Management.

Quick Reply

Latest