The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

hii everyone :smile: ive just accepted trent as my firm - got a conditional offer for primary education :smile: just got to get the grades now!!
going to apply for accommodation at clifton, but not sure whether to go for the new halls or peverell? will the new halls really be worth an extra £15 a week?!
is anyone else doing primary ed? :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by francistheswole
i'm not sure. the gym is structured kinda strangely. but i think it does. and if it doesn't, it doesn't matter because if you pay for the NTU gym you can also use nottingham university facilities(their gym, swimming pool) not only that there are a **** load of gyms in the city center which are all cheap. 15quid a month.

but the gym at NTU is nice, the whole sports center is,

Are you sure about that? because that would be sweeeeeeet!
Original post by elisabeth
hey i went to the open day too and i went to find the head of all English courses and had a chat with him about what the course looks like so if anyone has got any questions, just ask

Just tell me everything he said, please :biggrin:
Reply 823
Original post by ohmessylife

Original post by ohmessylife
Well, I just Firmed and booked my accommodation (Gill Street), I'll be studying Fine Art!
Kind of would be neat to meet other people who will be living at Gill Street? (Specifically Block E, but anything's fine).
I spend most of my weekends in Nottingham, anyway, so I know the place pretty well. Pretty excited!

heyy ive booked gill street block E, 2nd floor i think :smile: what floor are you on? im studying business. are you from nottingham then? ive only been a couple of times so am not gonna no where anything is haha! im getting pretty excited too! :smile:
I hate all this waiting around to book accommodation, may 9th is so far away.
Original post by sanniehald
Are you sure about that? because that would be sweeeeeeet!

i'm pretty sure thats what i heard at the open day from one of the student ambassadors
Hey everyone, I've just got an unconditional offer to study Childhood Studies starting in September! Looking into accommodation at the moment but it's likely i'll be living with friends already up there. Any help would be awesome though, plus it's always good to get to know people right?
Reply 827
Original post by xlaurabellex
Hey everyone, I've just got an unconditional offer to study Childhood Studies starting in September! Looking into accommodation at the moment but it's likely i'll be living with friends already up there. Any help would be awesome though, plus it's always good to get to know people right?

Hi, i'm doing childhood studies too!! :smile: I'll be living in a house in the city as I started my first year of a business course this year but didn't like it so am starting a new course. Will you be living in the city?
Reply 828
Just tell me everything he said, please :biggrin:

well he said that the degree will be made up from modules and more part of the first years modules are set, because they wanna make the start as easy as possible, although their are a few chose-able ones where you can also pick modules from outside your area of studies. Then the second year you will be able to choose more modules, although only from a set list from within your area of studies and the third year there will be only half the points made up from modules and the rest from a dissertation and he didn't really go into detail on that.

He also said that it is very easy to change degree if you would want to.

Except for that he also mentioned that we will be reading a lot, like three books a week, and most students don't realize that and that it is really hard work, and also that it will be very much interpretations of the books like he took for example that someone wrote a book from the point of view of the woman in the attic in Jane Eyre to say that perhaps this book isn't as feminist as it is considered.
well he said that the degree will be made up from modules and more part of the first years modules are set, because they wanna make the start as easy as possible, although their are a few chose-able ones where you can also pick modules from outside your area of studies. Then the second year you will be able to choose more modules, although only from a set list from within your area of studies and the third year there will be only half the points made up from modules and the rest from a dissertation and he didn't really go into detail on that.

He also said that it is very easy to change degree if you would want to.

Except for that he also mentioned that we will be reading a lot, like three books a week, and most students don't realize that and that it is really hard work, and also that it will be very much interpretations of the books like he took for example that someone wrote a book from the point of view of the woman in the attic in Jane Eyre to say that perhaps this book isn't as feminist as it is considered.

So everyone studying English should read 3 books per week? :O oh my.. We do not pick our own books, do we? :tongue: .. I sense we should make a study group concerning these books :biggrin:
Reply 830
So everyone studying English should read 3 books per week? :O oh my.. We do not pick our own books, do we? :tongue: .. I sense we should make a study group concerning these books :biggrin:

well no we wont pick our own books but how can a study group help all we'd do is read.... read alone read in company what's the difference? not that i'd mind a study group it would be a bit like community XD

im just looking forward too it I'd very much like to read three books a week but i don't have time for it with all my school work, im trying to work my way through the Shakespeare's.
Reply 831
Hey! I've applied for Fashion Marketing and Branding,if someone who is studying this or something related tells me how the course is,I'll be so grateful :smile:
Original post by francistheswole
i'm pretty sure thats what i heard at the open day from one of the student ambassadors

its only nottingham uni's swimming pool, seeing as we have two gyms based at clifton and city we don't get access to that at nottingham. but swimming pool definetly. it used to list it on the sport website if its still on there.
Hey! I've applied for Fashion Marketing and Branding,if someone who is studying this or something related tells me how the course is,I'll be so grateful

Hey, im doing Fashion Marketing and Branding too!
well no we wont pick our own books but how can a study group help all we'd do is read.... read alone read in company what's the difference? not that i'd mind a study group it would be a bit like community XD

im just looking forward too it I'd very much like to read three books a week but i don't have time for it with all my school work, im trying to work my way through the Shakespeare's.

Yeah, I meant it more like a community thing (: ! :biggrin: where we could discuss the books and other stuff :biggrin: I know, I have to learn how to drink coffee so I can stay up reading! lol

His work is awesome :biggrin: !
Original post by babelicious_1986
its only nottingham uni's swimming pool, seeing as we have two gyms based at clifton and city we don't get access to that at nottingham. but swimming pool definetly. it used to list it on the sport website if its still on there.

Confused now. So we won't gain access to the gym of University of Nottingham?
im so confused with this accommodation thing :frown: if we have a conditional offer, do we have to wait til the 9th of may until we can book accommodation? im thinking of staying in gill street :smile: xxx
Reply 837
Yeah, I meant it more like a community thing (: ! :biggrin: where we could discuss the books and other stuff :biggrin: I know, I have to learn how to drink coffee so I can stay up reading! lol

His work is awesome :biggrin: !

haha i guess ill have to try to do the coffee thing too =)
haha i guess ill have to try to do the coffee thing too =)

Awesome..

Do you know what happens at fresher week? :O
Confused now. So we won't gain access to the gym of University of Nottingham?

no gym access for nottingham uni, swimming pool yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending