Original post by Sammisam
mind me asking for your predicted grades? :smile: thanks x

I am doing all four A-Level subjects so my grades are A*A*AA
Hope it helps!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by hellobonjour
I know someone who does this at Warwick. She loves it:smile: Do you get a year abroad at UCL?

Oh really! That's reaally nice to know as I'm still no where near reaching a decision. :/
Yep, a year abroad's a requirement for UCL as well but I'd take management instead of international studies with Italian. :rolleyes:
Reply 2422
Original post by giggsny
I am doing all four A-Level subjects so my grades are A*A*AA
Hope it helps!

that's really good! what subjects are you doing? : )
Reply 2423
I'm still waiting for a reply :frown: is anyone else?
Original post by lainy92
I'm still waiting for a reply :frown: is anyone else?

I am as well! :s-smilie:
Reply 2425
Original post by thesunisout
I am as well! :s-smilie:

Good luck! What course did you apply for? I'm waiting to hear back from PAIS.
Reply 2426
Original post by kevin6767
Did you apply via extra?

No which is what makes this so much more frustrating ... I submitted my application in the beginning of novembeer
Original post by lainy92
No which is what makes this so much more frustrating ... I submitted my application in the beginning of novembeer

Try email the department's admissions to query the status of your application :smile:
Original post by lainy92
Good luck! What course did you apply for? I'm waiting to hear back from PAIS.

Good Luck to you too! :smile: I'm waiting for EPAIS. :P
Reply 2429
Original post by TheTallOne
Try email the department's admissions to query the status of your application :smile:

I emailed them 2 weeks ago telling them that they would be my first choice and that I would really like to visit etc. during the Easter holidays (because I live in Jersey it's difficult to do it any other time before the deadline). They replied by telling me that I can either wait or request to cancel my application to warwick.

I'll just have to wait but I'm not expecting much

Thanks though :smile:
Reply 2430
Original post by Sammisam
that's really good! what subjects are you doing? : )

Economics, Geography, Maths and ICT
Reply 2431
Is anyone else still waiting if you applied before the jan deadline? I applied in november and I am still waiting.
Don't apply for Economics. I am warning you.
Original post by Bucko2008
Don't apply for Economics. I am warning you.

Huh? Why? I've applied and firmed it. :s-smilie: Is there something I should be concerned about?
Original post by Neisco

Original post by Neisco
Is anyone else still waiting if you applied before the jan deadline? I applied in november and I am still waiting.

Same. We will eventually hear back in two weeks anyway. But Im not expecting much. :frown:
Is there anyone else who's still waiting to hear from the Physics Dept?

I'm wondering why they don't reject me straightaway, instead of delaying all my application process :-/
If only I was sure I'm going to be unsuccessful, I'd withdraw my application... but who knows?

No, seriously, does anyone know?
Original post by 24craigour
Huh? Why? I've applied and firmed it. :s-smilie: Is there something I should be concerned about?

I'm a final year Economics student. I have been very disappointed by my academic experience and most people on my course agree. While Warwick campus is absolutely fantastic, the Economics undergraduate course is poor.

Across my 3 years, I have probably averaged 9 hours a week of lectures/seminars. Seminars (small classes) are far too infrequent, and they are often done with large classes of 15-20 students. When compared to other science departments like maths, physics and chemistry (because after all, Economics at Warwick is very scientific/mathematical) which average 20 hours + a week, it is very disappointing. It is great for lie-ins, but one of the things I enjoy about learning is interactivity discussion, but it is practically non-existent.

PhD students that take the small classes often have insufficient skills in spoken English to provide a satifactory level of teaching in my opinion.

There are a couple of enthusiastic lecturers, which is a breath of fresh air, but this is the exception not the norm.

If you are looking for great employability, then the course is perfect because it has a great reputation. If you are looking for an experience that will add genuine academic interest and actual skills then look elsewhere.
Reply 2437
Original post by yaredabestan
Is there anyone else who's still waiting to hear from the Physics Dept?

I'm wondering why they don't reject me straightaway, instead of delaying all my application process :-/
If only I was sure I'm going to be unsuccessful, I'd withdraw my application... but who knows?

No, seriously, does anyone know?

My friend just got accepted 2 days ago (in the psych department though), so I'm assuming they're still giving out offers.
Original post by cscn
My friend just got accepted 2 days ago (in the psych department though), so I'm assuming they're still giving out offers.

Let's hope so!
Original post by Bucko2008
I'm a final year Economics student. I have been very disappointed by my academic experience and most people on my course agree. While Warwick campus is absolutely fantastic, the Economics undergraduate course is poor.

Across my 3 years, I have probably averaged 9 hours a week of lectures/seminars. Seminars (small classes) are far too infrequent, and they are often done with large classes of 15-20 students. PhD students that take the small classes often have insufficient skills in spoken English to provide a satifactory level of teaching in my opinion. There are a couple of enthusiastic lecturers, which is a breath of fresh air, but this is the exception not the norm.

If you are looking for great employability, then the course is perfect because it has a great reputation. If you are looking for an experience that will add genuine academic interest and actual skills then look elsewhere.

That is a great pity. Sometimes the actual experiences can be better in less high status universities, I think, where there is more focus on teaching (although large size seminar groups seem to be the norm in higher ed outside Oxbridge these days).

I guess one way of thinking about the lecturers' role in your kind of course (as you say Economics at Warwick has a world leading rep) is to see them as facilitators of your learning rather than as teachers in the sense used in schools. They know they have top quality students, self motivated, who are going to be independent learners, so that on the whole the students will do well. Of course they ought to be good at facilitating learning, even if that is not in the traditional chalk and talk way.

Quick Reply

Latest