The Student Room Group

What should be done about Pakistan?

Scroll to see replies

WHY are people on here so so stupid? WHY do they talk of things they know nothing of? Pakistan may be embroiled in a war against the extremists but the militants even defeating one regiment of the Pakistani army in open battle is IMPOSSIBLE even without air support. The extremists have no popular support, they are being hunted by by the army, no one likes them. Most of them are stuck in caves on the Afghan border. Any useless *****sh self made political analysts here who thinks he/she's intelligent needs to be locked up in psychiatric hospital if they think the extremists will ever form a government in Pakistan and gain control of the nukes.

A US invasion of Pakistan? HAHAHA the US is failing in a land-locked country which had NO military at all and a population tiny compared to Pakistan. How the **** will it cope in Pakistan where the Pakistani military alone will put up a hell of a lot resistance and kill tens of thousands of US soliders before going down? Invading the North-West alone will be more difficult than invading the whole of Afghanistan combined
Im Pakistani and if im honest, the full country needs a reform.

The government there is very very corrupt, their is no denying that.

If Osama is dead, then I will be as happy as most other people but unless someone can provide proof, evidence and pictures then I will take everything I've read/heard with a pinch of salt.

Something doesn't add up.
Reply 22
Original post by Inzamam99
WHY are people on here so so stupid? WHY do they talk of things they know nothing of? Pakistan may be embroiled in a war against the extremists but the militants even defeating one regiment of the Pakistani army in open battle is IMPOSSIBLE even without air support. The extremists have no popular support, they are being hunted by by the army, no one likes them. Most of them are stuck in caves on the Afghan border. Any useless *****sh self made political analysts here who thinks he/she's intelligent needs to be locked up in psychiatric hospital if they think the extremists will ever form a government in Pakistan and gain control of the nukes.

A US invasion of Pakistan? HAHAHA the US is failing in a land-locked country which had NO military at all and a population tiny compared to Pakistan. How the **** will it cope in Pakistan where the Pakistani military alone will put up a hell of a lot resistance and kill tens of thousands of US soliders before going down? Invading the North-West alone will be more difficult than invading the whole of Afghanistan combined

The Pakistani army is terrible stop boosting your ego everyone thinks there a joke, your countries a shambles. If us and the yanks can defeat 350,000 iraq's loosing only 200 people then Pakistan is easily achievable. Even the Indians beat you lol
Bomb it to the ground.
Reply 24
It should be considered a rogue Islamic state and watched with a keener eye than ever. If there ever is a nuclear war, it will be because of Pakistan, not North Korea.
Reply 25
Original post by v-zero
It should be considered a rogue Islamic state and watched with a keener eye than ever. If there ever is a nuclear war, it will be because of Pakistan, not North Korea.

And the USA is not a rogue state, whereby it inferes with other countries affairs for its own purpose??????? Because they have killed so many people, masscared/ genocide would be the correct term, yet nothing happens to them because there considered the good guys really are ppl that dumb... they have done soo much wrong in comparison to Pakistan
Original post by boobooboob
The Pakistani army is terrible stop boosting your ego everyone thinks there a joke, your countries a shambles. If us and the yanks can defeat 350,000 iraq's loosing only 200 people then Pakistan is easily achievable. Even the Indians beat you lol

Don't talk about stuff you nothing about, you useless douchebag. The Iraqi Army your precious yanks defeated had no air force (due to the years of sanctions and lack of replacement parts, fuel etc.), no navy and an army where they could not even afford to purchase clothing for their soldiers. On the other hand, the Pakistani army is definitely one of the strongest in the region. It's army and air force in particular are quite modern and although they are not at the level of that of the USAF, they can give it damn good ****ing match.

Isn't it funny how the US always invades ridiculously weak countries with no noticeable military? The last time it invaded even a half well armed country (i.e. Vietnam), it managed to lose 60,000 soldiers even when most of the fighters against it were peasant guerrillas with only basic weaponry. Pakistan will be enormously difficult, far far harder than Vietnam. I wouldn't even back the Americans on managing to occupy the whole of the North West without losing many thousands of troops.

Your retarded comment of "Even the Indians beat you lol" just about demonstrates your complete lack of knowledge of the history, politics and current affairs in the region.

Nob
Reply 27
Original post by tehFrance
Pakistan needs to have the aid that we provide them revoked for a start, we shouldn't be paying them to hide terrorists.

Also they should be trained how to spot a well known terrorist 5 minutes away from an army base.

They can either have been hiding him or have been too incompetent to spot him, you can't have both.
Original post by v-zero

Yes and just how will that be. When the (maximum) 10,000 militants defeat the 500,000 strong Pakistan army, the air force with 600 state of the art jets, the 500,000 army reserves, the police force, the Special Services Group and then march on the capital, overthrow the government and decide to fire nuclear weapons in random directions (the nuclear weapons which they blatantly know how to operate and the codes etc.). That's how right?
Reply 29
"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary." Mahatma Gandhi
Reply 30
They should be overthrown and elect me President.
Original post by CombineHarvester
The US has given the Pakistani government credit for their support in helping find/kill Bin Laden and they are the most important ally in the war against terror. The fact they don't go to every home in Pakistan and check whether Bin Laden is hiding there is neither here nor there. He was in a building located in a sparsely populated area 60km away from the capital, everyone thought he was in the border region which is where most resources are distributed.

Well, they have to give credit for helping to kill Bin Laden.

The reality is that the US probably didn't tell anyone in the Pakistani Government about the operation against Bin Laden for good reason.

Though, only a moron would consider invading Pakistan to be a sensible.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bobifier
They can either have been hiding him or have been too incompetent to spot him, you can't have both.

Or maybe he had just moved into the compound a couple of months, been spotted by the Pakistanis who gave the intelligence to the US who carried out the operation. Not all is black and white like you people like to think.

How did 4 US helicopters fly from near Islamabad to Abbottabad- the site of a huge and sophisticated military base- without being detected by Pakistani radar? They can't, it's impossible.

How did 40 US soldiers leave the base without the Pakistanis apparently knowing about it? They can't, it's impossible.

Thus Pakistan had to be involved.

Take off your Western tinted glasses.

EDIT:

Blah blah load of *******s
Same for you. As above.
(edited 12 years ago)
The Pakistani government didn't even know about this apparent operation until Americans found the "body" until they had buried. What gives them the right to just come into another country without permission, carry out an operation in a city WITHOUT permission and just do things themselves and then at the blaming them they don't have good enough forces.

That seems completely illogical and irrational!

Also IF America is one of the most powerful country as they say are and managed to find Saddam quite quickly when they found out which area he was in, why did it take them 10 blimming years to find OBL?! Oh maybe they don't have the best army after all or maybe they just wanted to kill poor civilians in NW Pakistan as an excuse. That only goes to create terrorists in the end especially those people whose dad have died, what would those poor souls do for the rest of their lives if not get agitated by this!
Reply 34
Original post by Iqbal007
Have you actually seen the news story, the photo of his alleged dead body already existed a few years prior...... theres no videos of his dead body, so these photos could have been easily photoshoped...

Another thing is how they have already buried his body at see :s-smilie: ..... so how can we even be sure that it was Osama in the first place... I think you have just been brainwashed by the mainstream media and the government, they themselves aren't innocent they do so much bad stuff which we dont complain about... MI6 and the CIA cause terrorism, the MI6 went into another country and killed innocent people so arent they terrorists :/ so what should we be doing about the UK's and the USA's secret organisations ?????????

2104: The Pentagon has video of Bin Laden's burial at sea and will probably soon release it, the Associated Press reports.
Or maybe he had just moved into the compound a couple of months, been spotted by the Pakistanis who gave the intelligence to the US who carried out the operation. Not all is black and white like you people like to think.

How did 4 US helicopters fly from near Islamabad to Abbottabad- the site of a huge and sophisticated military base- without being detected by Pakistani radar? They can't, it's impossible.

How did 40 US soldiers leave the base without the Pakistanis apparently knowing about it? They can't, it's impossible.

EDIT:

Same for you. As above.

I am sorry mate... looks like you are wearing tinted glasses... If Pakistan knew everything before and they are the one who gave info to US :rolleyes: why not Pakistan army take on Osama themselves? Why did they need US to send Navy Seals to come in and do the job? My conclusions is either Pakistan had no clue OR they were protecting OSAMA.
Reply 36

What is this post even supposed to mean? The person I quoted stated that the Pakistanis were both hiding him AND failing to notice him. These two things cannot both be true, as I expressed in my post. In the example you gave, neither is true. You have somehow used to existence of such a scenario to suggest that I am blinded by western propoganda, though what reasoning you used to come to that conclusion God only knows. Then you went off on the kind of tangent I would expect you to argue had I suggested that the Pakistanis had been trying to hide him, which I don't clearly remember saying anywhere. I didn't say Pakistan weren't involved. All your points are perfectly valid, just not in response to my post. It is as if you have assumed that SOMEONE would say the things you are arguing against, so you picked a random post and hoped it was me that said them. In future, try actually reading a post before you post such a ludicrous response to it.

Finally, who are "you people"?
Reply 37
Yes and just how will that be. When the (maximum) 10,000 militants defeat the 500,000 strong Pakistan army, the air force with 600 state of the art jets, the 500,000 army reserves, the police force, the Special Services Group and then march on the capital, overthrow the government and decide to fire nuclear weapons in random directions (the nuclear weapons which they blatantly know how to operate and the codes etc.). That's how right?

Nothing about Pakistan is state of the art. Their nuclear security resembles that of early Soviet Russia.
Reply 38
Original post by Aj12
2104: The Pentagon has video of Bin Laden's burial at sea and will probably soon release it, the Associated Press reports.

But dont you find it soo funny that they buried him immediately without there being independent inspectors of who the dead body belongs, etc
I think USA is just full of crap and very hypoocritical.... they were happy to show saddam hussein to the world, but not Osama ... very very suspcious..... plus you cant trust what the government says especially the USA's they are known to lie and make up stories..... plus this video is from the pentagon which will obviously be bias and manipulated for there interests
Reply 39
Original post by Iqbal007
But dont you find it soo funny that they buried him immediately without there being independent inspectors of who the dead body belongs, etc
I think USA is just full of crap and very hypoocritical.... they were happy to show saddam hussein to the world, but not Osama ... very very suspcious..... plus you cant trust what the government says especially the USA's they are known to lie and make up stories..... plus this video is from the pentagon which will obviously be bias and manipulated for there interests

Not really. The took DNA they did facial recognition and they filed it all.

Saddam was put on trial and executed by the Iraqis though. Bin Larden was shot. The Americans wanted rid of him as quickly as posible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending