The Student Room Group

The Official Summer 2011 IB Exams Discussion Thread

Hi all :smile:

With IB exams starting very soon, I'm creating this thread for any discussion of the Summer 2011 IB exams. Importantly, however, please remember to allow 24 hours to pass after completing the exam before any discussion. This means no discussion at all until 1pm (morning exams)/6pm (afternoon exams) BST the day after sitting the exam

The rules on exams discussion are set out in more detail in this announcement. If you'd like to see the exam timetable, that's here.

And with that, good luck to everyone sitting exams! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just thought I'd start up a thread for the impending exams for May, if anyone feels like they want to freak out about any particular subjects or get some encouragement or whatever :smile:
As I'm definitely starting to feel the pressure, but am somehow managing to cope with it. I think :s-smilie:
Inb4 :badger:
I have yet to start revising.:eek: Plan to start tomorrow. But my plans and what actually happens are usually two completely different things :rolleyes:

Edit: Just realised this was an IB board :colondollar: oops, good luck with your exams :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
HL Maths and SL History.

Should be fun :P
Reply 5
Everyone seems to panic about HL Maths...which I can understand as my SL class are all worrying ourselves :s-smilie: Just hoping for a pass in that now (as well as Physics HL too) :smile:
Reply 6
I AM FREAKING OUT. BIG TIME. Especially for HL Physics... HL History.... SL English.... SL Math.. basically for everything. I am such a big worrier. I need to get 38 points with 7 in math and 6 in english to be able to go to Bath uni. I would be SO disappointed if I didnt get in. I am trying to motivate myself to work and get stuff done!! I started a program of waking up super early to revise. My insurance wants 33 points... but from 38 to 33 that would be such a big fall that i dont think my heart can handle it.
Reply 7
i hate ib, i hate cas, i hate tok, i hate y'all!

i hate the exams! **** you!
Reply 8
Original post by Gulce
I AM FREAKING OUT. BIG TIME. Especially for HL Physics... HL History.... SL English.... SL Math.. basically for everything. I am such a big worrier. I need to get 38 points with 7 in math and 6 in english to be able to go to Bath uni. I would be SO disappointed if I didnt get in. I am trying to motivate myself to work and get stuff done!! I started a program of waking up super early to revise. My insurance wants 33 points... but from 38 to 33 that would be such a big fall that i dont think my heart can handle it.

Ohhhh Im on a similar boat, but Bath is requiring a 36, and HL history is keeping me away from that, im predicted a 4!!! and I dont know how to improve my essays :frown:
Reply 9
Just over a week to go!
Trying not to get too stressed out, but its easier said than done :s
Will keep going though, not long and it will all be over :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Commando3200

I think it will work, i've revised well i think, just having problems with RS and Lit
Reply 11
4 exams. 3 of which are psychology fml.
Reply 12
I'm panicking now... First exam in only 8 days! :frown: My revision's sort of come to a standstill. I've lost my motivation. :frown: And I need 40 frigging points! Oh dear. I'm screwed. :sigh:
Plus I've got 7 exams in 4 days. One day I have a Physics SL exam then 2 History HL exams. :frown: I suppose I'll have the majority out of the way then though. I think I've got 14 exams in total, and after that week I'll have 4 left, 2 in one week, and 2 the week after. It also sucks that my exams fall on the first and last days of the whole session... Oh well. :rolleyes:
I wish I'd done A Levels...

Oh and the weather's far too nice to get decent revision done.
(edited 13 years ago)
freaking out for hl math..
Join the club dude. HL Maths seems to be the death of us all :|
Reply 15
Original post by spontaneousma
freaking out for hl math..

Original post by Commando3200
Join the club dude. HL Maths seems to be the death of us all :|

I have to say I don't envy you guys. Best of luck to you both!
Reply 16
Original post by meganeira
I'm panicking now... First exam in only 8 days! :frown: My revision's sort of come to a standstill. I've lost my motivation. :frown: And I need 40 frigging points! Oh dear. I'm screwed. :sigh:
Plus I've got 7 exams in 4 days. One day I have a Physics SL exam then 2 History HL exams. :frown: I suppose I'll have the majority out of the way then though. I think I've got 14 exams in total, and after that week I'll have 4 left, 2 in one week, and 2 the week after. It also sucks that my exams fall on the first and last days of the whole session... Oh well. :rolleyes:
I wish I'd done A Levels...

Oh and the weather's far too nice to get decent revision done.

I know, my first week is the worst, I have 6 exams in 3 days, but once they are out the way the rest should be not as hectic, I hope :s-smilie: But mine do finish on the 20th :smile:
I do keep wondering whether I should have done A Levels, I think wait until my results before I know whether I regret it.
And the weather has been rather nice the past few days :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by writer27
I know, my first week is the worst, I have 6 exams in 3 days, but once they are out the way the rest should be not as hectic, I hope :s-smilie: But mine do finish on the 20th :smile:
I do keep wondering whether I should have done A Levels, I think wait until my results before I know whether I regret it.
And the weather has been rather nice the past few days :biggrin:

My first exam is in a week, and i'm finished on the 13th of May. My exam time table is possible the most cramped possible.

Are people actually really worked up about the exams? For some reason I'm pretty relaxed about them, but I have been revising for a while now.

For the record; i'm doing / Predicted
HL
Maths 6
Physics 7
History 7

SL
Ita 5
Eng 6
Chem 7

Suuppperr fuuun tiiimees..
Reply 18
Original post by Blazara
My first exam is in a week, and i'm finished on the 13th of May. My exam time table is possible the most cramped possible.

Are people actually really worked up about the exams? For some reason I'm pretty relaxed about them, but I have been revising for a while now.

HL
Maths 6
Physics 7
History 7

SL
Ita 5
Eng 6
Chem 7

I would LOVE to get 7 in HL physics and HL history... wow. For me I need to do not so good but not bad either.. I need an overall 38 points with 7 in SL math and 6 in SL English.
Reply 19
Original post by Blazara

HL
Maths 6
Physics 7
History 7

SL
Ita 5
Eng 6
Chem 7

13th of May?!?! :eek: That will be cramped, but at least they're all over pretty quick. I mean something like 16 exams in less than 10 days is ludicrous really, but I suppose you'll just be in the zone and it'll be done before you know it. :smile:
I think people (including myself) are freaking because we haven't been doing enough revision! I'm screwed. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending