The Student Room Group

What will happen to Pakistan now considering Bin ladens been hiding there ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
why isnt the US releasing photos of osama bin laden?
Reply 61
Original post by Broderss
He's not the only terrorist to come from Pakistan and won't be the last.

it's not there fault that America used that specific land with the afghan and pakistani people to create a fighting force against the USSR and now that same fighting force has turned on them?
Reply 62
Original post by miyah
it's not there fault that America used that specific land with the afghan and pakistani people to create a fighting force against the USSR and now that same fighting force has turned on them?

It's not their fault for fighting back against America?
Reply 63
Pakistan basically doesn't have a parliament of right minded people, they're all corrupt and after the pot of gold, so nothing will get done.
Reply 64
I don't think Osama bin laden died in Pakistan, I think he died in the US bomb attack on the tora bora mountains in Afghanistan few years ago and now his killing is being used to justify the drone attacks on innocent pakistani civilians. Now that they've lost the war in Afghanistan they want to take over Pakistan. I thought America wasn't in favour of imperialism, pffft, another one of there false claims
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Broderss
It's not their fault for fighting back against America?

NNNOOOO... it's not there fault for being Pakistani or Afghani
Their aid money will be doubled and we will give them 5 blondes for free.
USA will need to bomb them to secure their freedom of course.
All I ask is that somebody convinces me that the Americans aren't going to take the deeply retarded but highly plausible course of action of blaming the Pakistanis for everything, thereby shifting the theatre of operations from Afghanistan to Pakistan. Declaring some kind of war against Pakistani militants would alienate the whole country and create a whole new army of enemies and terrorists. Even the Americans couldn't be that dumb, could they? Could they?
Reply 69
america wanted a reason to invade pakistan to get it's hands on pakistans nuclear power, and they got one.

if anyone believes that osama died on may 2nd. they should re-think and reasearch into this..
Original post by umaird
america wanted a reason to invade pakistan to get it's hands on pakistans nuclear power, and they got one.

if anyone believes that osama died on may 2nd. they should re-think and reasearch into this..

What are you talking about? Specifically what does Pakistan have that the US doesn't already have access to and in what way does Osama's death improve their access to it?
Reply 71
Original post by miyah
I don't think Osama bin laden died in Pakistan, I think he died in the US bomb attack on the tora bora mountains in Afghanistan few years ago and now his killing is being used to justify the drone attacks on innocent pakistani civilians. Now that they've lost the war in Afghanistan they want to take over Pakistan. I thought America wasn't in favour of imperialism, pffft, another one of there false claims

Two SAS (may have been another special force but was deffo British) reported Osama leaving. Americans would not let them take the shot. By the time the Americans got there he was long gone.

In very vauge terms we can trace Bin Laden. For example 5 months before he died a local Taliban commander on the border of Pakistan held a meeting with him

Why would the US want to kill Pakistani civvies. Those drone strikes cost money they would not just blow people up for teh lulz.

The Americans may have lost the war in Afganistan but as another poster pointed out in thisthread Invading Pakistan would be far more difficult than Afghanistan.

Really if America wanted Pakistan to collapse they would just stop sending them billions in aid rather than come up with this idiotic plot.
I don't think anything major will result. The US needs Pakistan and can't/won't risk the Taliban returning to power, which would undermine the 'war on terror' and increase the possibility of attacks on American targets.
Original post by slavetosociety
What will happen to Pakistan now considering Bin ladens been hiding there for all this time possibly?

I'd like to believe that a dramatic government change will take place and that Perpetrators who helped Bin laden would be brought to justice.
But I reckon its more like: Senior Pakistani officials will be questioned but will lead no where. Case closed soon after...

to be honest, anything could happen
nothing will happen .. but you never know after 2014, when US troops leave Afghanistan then theres no reason to USE Pakistan ..

i just hope the Pakistani govt is not stupid enough to hand over thier nuclear asset to america!
Original post by slavetosociety
What will happen to Pakistan now considering Bin ladens been hiding there for all this time possibly?

I'd like to believe that a dramatic government change will take place and that Perpetrators who helped Bin laden would be brought to justice.
But I reckon its more like: Senior Pakistani officials will be questioned but will lead no where. Case closed soon after...

nothing much really... few harsh words from the puppet masters and then back to pushing the billions as incentive for joinign in on the "war on terror".

nothing can be done to pakistan as they have nukes (not at least until it all kicks of globally).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending