The Student Room Group

Have i scared her away?

Hi, my heads a bit of a mess rn. I’ve been speaking to this girl for probably a month and half. We message pretty much 24/7 so there is obviously a great connection there. About 3 weeks ago, she said she didn’t wanna talk as she wasn’t ready for a relationship since it’s only been 2 months since she split up and said that she doesn’t want to stop talking but that we should. It hurt but I thought she was just politely saying she wasn’t interested but then a week later she messaged by replying to one of my stories and we naturally just got talking like nothing had happened which was great but we never discussed what was going on. The other night i’d had an awful day in general and was just stressed and i asked ‘where do i stand with you’ and what the actual reason she messaged me again was. Her reply was I don’t know and that there wasn’t a reason she messaged me back. I asked if there was any chance at all of this going somewhere and she just said i can’t say that right now, putting pressure on something will literally make me run a mile.

We’ve stopped talking as we both said it’s probs best to leave it but i honestly don’t know what to think. It’s like she is genuinely interested but the minute we talk about it she gets stressed and bins me off.
Reply 1
You're ready, she is not ready. Do you know the circumstances behind her last relationship? It might have ended badly and she wants to breathe. I see you as a means that has aided her on a recovery journey, somewhat. Don't ruin it. You want to lock it in but she is locked out. Let time run its course. Pebbles were probably rough stones than constant running water over them made smooth. Continue been the sweet person that you're. Even if she does not date you ever, at least, you have a great friend in her. My talk might sound out of whack but it demonstrates you're not all about yourself, pushing or forcing your needs and desires over hers and trying to hard...there is a word for that...SELFISH. It shows, even if we never be together, I am kind, unselfish, and a true friend. But in this matter, I can promise you, she will come around. Keep running over her, restrain the urge (not easy) and be a good companion. After a good passage of time, whenever you want to bring up the subject, ask what happened to the previous relationship, that would guide your actions and how to approach the subject. Let the focus be on her, be truly concerned about her feelings and situations. She will notice. We all notice. Build it up from there. Your instincts will take the lead.
Reply 2
Original post by Olaoluade
You're ready, she is not ready. Do you know the circumstances behind her last relationship? It might have ended badly and she wants to breathe. I see you as a means that has aided her on a recovery journey, somewhat. Don't ruin it. You want to lock it in but she is locked out. Let time run its course. Pebbles were probably rough stones than constant running water over them made smooth. Continue been the sweet person that you're. Even if she does not date you ever, at least, you have a great friend in her. My talk might sound out of whack but it demonstrates you're not all about yourself, pushing or forcing your needs and desires over hers and trying to hard...there is a word for that...SELFISH. It shows, even if we never be together, I am kind, unselfish, and a true friend. But in this matter, I can promise you, she will come around. Keep running over her, restrain the urge (not easy) and be a good companion. After a good passage of time, whenever you want to bring up the subject, ask what happened to the previous relationship, that would guide your actions and how to approach the subject. Let the focus be on her, be truly concerned about her feelings and situations. She will notice. We all notice. Build it up from there. Your instincts will take the lead.

I’m not in it for a pen pal though.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, my heads a bit of a mess rn. I’ve been speaking to this girl for probably a month and half. We message pretty much 24/7 so there is obviously a great connection there. About 3 weeks ago, she said she didn’t wanna talk as she wasn’t ready for a relationship since it’s only been 2 months since she split up and said that she doesn’t want to stop talking but that we should. It hurt but I thought she was just politely saying she wasn’t interested but then a week later she messaged by replying to one of my stories and we naturally just got talking like nothing had happened which was great but we never discussed what was going on. The other night i’d had an awful day in general and was just stressed and i asked ‘where do i stand with you’ and what the actual reason she messaged me again was. Her reply was I don’t know and that there wasn’t a reason she messaged me back. I asked if there was any chance at all of this going somewhere and she just said i can’t say that right now, putting pressure on something will literally make me run a mile.

We’ve stopped talking as we both said it’s probs best to leave it but i honestly don’t know what to think. It’s like she is genuinely interested but the minute we talk about it she gets stressed and bins me off.

Yeah you've blown that I am afraid
Reply 4

Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not in it for a pen pal though.

Must every relationship with the opposite sex be on a dating basis? I understand your perspective but you've crossed a sensitive line unwisely. 2 choices...move on or be a friend!! Me?
Reply 6

Sounds like one of those where you didn't know if you wre in the friend zone or you weren't and now you have asked where you stood you could have inadvertently friend zoned yourself. tbh you probably shouldn't have asked where you stood virtually at all. It would have been better just to arrange to hang out in person and see if there was any chemistry going on. If you want my advice it is to dial everything down from now on and keep the conversation light, acting like nothing happened. If she messages you you could at some future point try to hang out, you will know if anything is happening when you hang out in person or if you are friend zoned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending