The Student Room Group

Student finance

hey!! so i wanted to ask that i came in Uk in 2020 and now it’s been 3 years for me in uk but i had a gap year where i was outside the uk for one year. now will i be eligible for student finance if i apply this year ?
Original post by Maimoona Naeem
hey!! so i wanted to ask that i came in Uk in 2020 and now it’s been 3 years for me in uk but i had a gap year where i was outside the uk for one year. now will i be eligible for student finance if i apply this year ?

Hi there, What is your status in the UK? Where did you prior to the UK? Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, What is your status in the UK? Where did you prior to the UK? Thanks, Angela

i have indefinite leave to remain PR
Hi Maimoona Naeem,

The residency requirements are that you need to have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands for the three years prior to the first day of the first AY of their course

We can consider evidence of a temporary break such as a Gap Year, you will need to show evidence that your break in residency was of a temporary nature with evidence such as temporary visas and work permits and that you maintained a link to the UK

Thanks,
Calum
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Maimoona Naeem,

The residency requirements are that you need to have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands for the three years prior to the first day of the first AY of their course

We can consider evidence of a temporary break such as a Gap Year, you will need to show evidence that your break in residency was of a temporary nature with evidence such as temporary visas and work permits and that you maintained a link to the UK

Thanks,
Calum

but i don’t have something as a paper evidence. it was covid time and my grandmother was sick so i had to go visit her. and my address was different that time so i don’t have the letters delivered to me on that address while i was in Pakistan.
Hi Maimoona Naeem,

You may be able to prove that you maintained a link to the UK if you have UK bank statements that show transactions during the time you were temporarily living outside the UK. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis and the assessors will be able to determine your eligibility.

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Maimoona Naeem,

You may be able to prove that you maintained a link to the UK if you have UK bank statements that show transactions during the time you were temporarily living outside the UK. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis and the assessors will be able to determine your eligibility.

Thanks, Clare

i didn’t have a bank account because of Covid times when i came in to Uk and i had to go back in emergency
i had Gp letters delivered to me on that address when i was gone but i don’t have them right now.
Original post by Maimoona Naeem
i didn’t have a bank account because of Covid times when i came in to Uk and i had to go back in emergency
i had Gp letters delivered to me on that address when i was gone but i don’t have them right now.

Hi there. Temporary break in residency evidence needs to show that you maintained a connection to the UK, documents such as bank statements and utility bills can be reviewed

In circumstance's where you cannot provide these we would advise to send any evidence of the break (e.g. copies of ticket receipts, accommodation lease, etc.) with a covering letter. This evidence will be deemed acceptable on a 'case-by-case' basis.

If you cannot provide any evidence at all to show your break was temporary and you maintained a connection to the UK then you would not be eligible.

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending