The Student Room Group

The 50 hour study week trial - TRY IT- I'LL JOIN YOU!

Scroll to see replies

im so tired and so bored of revising, it's getting hard to focus, anyone got any tips??
Original post by NaturalDisaster
I suppose. Next week will be better, I know that much. Study leave and two exams to study for, it's all good. :biggrin: :biggrin: Next week I will succeed! You're right, I probably am. I'm like "I'll revise for four hour straight!" *15 minutes in...oooh lookie, more Doctor Who videos, I'll just watch one...ooh, this one looks funny...:lol:

I do that too and then realising how much time left I have makes me stop and procrastinate. New Doctor Who episode on Satdeeeeee!! Oh my gosh I cannot wait.
Original post by homebythefence
I do that too and then realising how much time left I have makes me stop and procrastinate. New Doctor Who episode on Satdeeeeee!! Oh my gosh I cannot wait.

Neither can I. Seriously, seriously looking forward to this! :biggrin: It's going to make my life. Love Neil Gaimans writing so keep watching, this will be spectacular. (In the words of the Master himself. :lol:)

Right. Must stop procrastinating and read my play and poems one last time!
day 1: 2 hrs (+3 hrs of lessons)
day 2: 1 hr (+3 hrs of lessons)
day 3: 5.5 hrs (+1 hr of lessons)
day 4: 3 hrs (+3 hrs of lessons)
Only managed 5.5 hours yesterday including some pretty good lesson time revision.
So thats:
Day 1, 8 hours
Day 2, 5.5 hours

I'm up nice and early again so let's get day 3 popping!
Reply 545
I've failed drastically :frown:
Having the attention span of a flea doesn't quite help.
I'll try again!
Reply 546
Original post by ecraven
I've failed drastically :frown:
Having the attention span of a flea doesn't quite help.
I'll try again!

I failed too, and my exams are next week...sigh:rolleyes:
Reply 547
Hello, don't worry. Don't worry about how much time you have spent. Rather just know that you have work to do. Believe me, when your absolutely satisfied with the amount of work you have completed, then ask yourself at the end of the day- "I wonder how much time I had spent studying today?" I am sure it will amount to alot!

:smile:
only another three today sadly. Did a Core 4 test , got 88% :smile: and then did some revision and stuff with the class and teacher. Thats all Il get too today though because Im going to basketball lol. should be able to make up for it tommorow as its the weekend.

still that puts me up to 32 hours :smile:

planning 7 more later on ( Saturday now lol ) makes 39 and then 7 more will make 46 by Sunday. Im four short because of yesterday but oh well...
(edited 12 years ago)
so far this week i've done 15 hours.. i'm totally not going to manage 50. ah well, every little helps.
Original post by sulexk
Have you ever considered waking up as early as 4:30am in the morning and beginning your day before the sun rises?

I love the idea of starting my day before the sun rises :biggrin: I'm definitely doing that tonight. Stay strong, guys, we're almost there!
Seeing as I've been doing only about 7 hours a week, I think 30 hours a week is a good start =)
I started on Wednesday!!

Weds: 2 hours
thurs: 4 hours
fri: none so far (I've felt really ill today, but I'm going to start now!!)

wish me luck!
Day 1: 2.5 hours
Day 2: 4 hours
Day 3: 7 hours
Day 4: 6.5 hours (really lagging here aren't i )
Day 5: 7.5 hours
Day 6: 7 hours
Day 7: 7 hours

41.5 hours....I'm impressed. Didn't expect to do even 30 lol. Next week here we come!!!
Reply 553
Started on Wednesday

Day 1: 1.5 hours
Day 2: 2 hours
Day 3: 1.5 hours

Seriously need to put some more effort in
Day 1: 8
Day 2: 5.5
Day 3: 7

Well I am slightly below being on track for Monday and it's the only one I'm somewhat dreading.
Keep it up you guys and don't give up till you see it through!
Todays plan
-2 solemon c1 paper
*paper H (Done)
*paper I
-c4 vectors mixed exercise
-All vector questions from pastpapers
-Revise c4 Differentiation chapter again :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 556
Okay, I'm going to start today... now. :tongue:
I failed this week because I was ill. Once again, I will try this next week.
Reply 558
Iv got a hsitroy exam on tuesday, so i need to start revising.i woke up late today(got plenty of sleep) but have been felign relay tierd all day so have just don about two hours.
I have just got 1 more topic to review(stability of wr) than im goignt o go through my class notes before looking at past paper's.
Reply 559
I'm in

Today: 3 hours so far, going to do at least two more

Quick Reply

Latest