The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joseanne16
What a relief that group displays of aggression did not come out! :biggrin:

I would have literally cried! haha
Original post by ashley12
brain structure allowed for hormonal mechanisms???

Yep, was just in relation to an evaluative point concluded from one of my studies, and I think it should count because it said neural mechanisms rather than just neurotransmitters. So it can relate to structure as well such as the pre-frontal cortex and its relationship with serotonin.( which i forgot to add...lol)
Original post by triangle_eyes
I ran out of timeee! (again). I doubt I got more than 7 for Eating.
Uh it's so annoying because I could have written so much more.

But overall, the best questions to possibly get. Good predictions guys! I think I did so much better than January.
:smile: :smile:

Relationships - good
Aggression - great
Eating - uuuuuh :frown:

Same here, I had all the information in my head put there was not enough time to write it out on the page :frown:
Everything was great except on the aggression question, for reasons I can't understand (I'm going to blame it on not having slept in a long time) I wrote about genetic instead of neural explanations, fortunately the majority of the answer was about hormones ie. testosterone, serotonin and dopamine. So it shouldn't have affected my mark too badly.
I wrote about 3 pages on higleys monkeys and evaluating it for aggression like IDAs etc. reckon I got about 20.
eating, hmm, i reckon about 15 overall
and sleeping I would say about 19 overall.

If i get 54 or whatever that is all added up, can i expect an A for that paper?
Reply 1545
Eating = Meh
Aggression = AMAZING. I did a dance when I saw that question. (Evils were received from the invigilator)
Intelligence = Good. Was expected, not sure how I did though - not enough Evaluation..
Evolutionary genuinely is a stab wound to the anal region..
Reply 1547
So glad my predictions came up - they were all I had learnt!!! Just hope the grade boundaries won't be too high now...
Reply 1548
Original post by GoodOl'CharlieB

Yep, was just in relation to an evaluative point concluded from one of my studies, and I think it should count because it said neural mechanisms rather than just neurotransmitters. So it can relate to structure as well such as the pre-frontal cortex and its relationship with serotonin.( which i forgot to add...lol)

i wrote about it as a whole explanation, then a little on testosterone and all that. so you think the stuff i wrote on brain structure will get marks for?
I completely fell apart in there. Panicked and came out an hour early. Teacher convinced me to go back in. No idea what got over me.

Would you get a AO2 Mark for simply saying 'this study raises the issue animal research'?
What were the questions? So curious :smile:
Reply 1551
Judging from this thread the majority of candidates found it easy which is not good, im predicting very high boundaries.
Reply 1552
Aboslutely wonderful exam, there was steam coming out of my wrist! I did Biological Rhythms and Sleep, Relationships, and Eating Behaviours. Loved eating behaviours, I had a gut instinct that both those questions were going to come, but still went on the safe side and revised all. As for Relationships, it was a little eek at first, but I warmed up, I didn't get to write everything I could remember, so balanced it out a little. I'm glad that's over, now another bully's to come!
Original post by esachica
Hi again :tongue: Yeah I agree. And it was only 4 marks for AO1! I talked about Czeisler/Armstrong for shift work and Schwartz for jet lag which I evaluated with gender bias, longitutinal etc etc and went into how you could combat Jet lag. Still feel not much A02/3 though :/

I didnt know if we had to put AO1 into it? :s-smilie: coz i did and my mates didnt i was so confused haha. Good for the treatments though well done :smile:
:five:

I put in Phineas Gage too, his case study is useful for explaining that brain structure can affect aggression as well as neural and hormonal mechanisms.

i put him in toooooo even managed the date 1848 ? evaluated it as a case study aswell put him in as an introtuction to how the brain can affect behaviour then went on to serotonin then testosterone
****ed up that paper so so badly.

Biological rhythms: was ok, but I didn't have much a02, so I just mentioned cause and effect and things such as stress.
Agrression: I mentioned genetics so bye bye a fair few marks. I'll get about 12 marks maximum. I can't believe I did that!

I'm going to have to work so hard on paper four to get my grade up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MVD_02
my predictions are :

sleep - consequences of disrupting bio rhythms
aggression - group display or neural and hormonal mechanisms
eating behaviour - evolutionary exp of food preference

but tbh I could be wrong :\

Good call!
How did you find it?
RELATIONSHIPS: awesome
AGGRESSION: awesome
BIO RHYTHMS: awesome

Thanks AQA!
Original post by angelbones
Ack!

The only one that really threw me off was the Gender question.

Wht did you put for gender? :s-smilie:

I thought the cross cultural was ok, but the androgyny one was awful.
Original post by midpikyrozziy
Does sleep deprivation count as a disruption of a biological rhythm? Spent so much time writing about it that I didn't have time to mention jet lag, so I'm hoping it's relevant.

Yeah it does :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending