The Student Room Group

The Ongoing PSYA4 Discussion Thread- June Exam :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by gchaggar75
MY PREDICTIONS:

SCHIZ: Biological Explanations only 25 marks
Media: Cognitive dissoance, and something else such as video games as they touched on everything other than dissonance just as Schiz has bar Bio explans.

What do you guys think of this predictions?? Those of you media and schiz of-course?

Feedback will be much appreciated, thanks

for media i definitely think itll be the role of attitudes on decision making so like cognitive dissonance etc! but maybe just that or split with one other question :smile:
Reply 901
predictions for phobias anyone?
hi i been doing research, and i have been doing so crap i have done written notes but they don't seem to be helping much, so has anyone got any notes i could borrow and could someone outline how to answer the 8 and 12 mark questions please?

sorry to be a nuisance
Reply 903
Does anyone have any good predictions for Addiction and Depression? I will love you all forever!
Original post by LegoLives
Does anyone have any good predictions for Addiction and Depression? I will love you all forever!

Vulnerability for addiction
any good predictions for depression and media? i feel most worried about research methods though :s-smilie:
will someone please explain what it means by gReateR in the text book? i dont get what im suppose to be looking out for in the tests? something to do with significance bt dont make sense?
not too sure how to go about revising for the research methods part, would past questions be the best?
Original post by OpenHorizons
not too sure how to go about revising for the research methods part, would past questions be the best?

Research methods is a case of knowing statistical tests, sampling methods, validity and reliability, what you need in an experiment, variables, how to write a report and ethics. that's basically it.

Past papers are a good bet, but just as a note - AQA normally expect you to elaborate on every point you make - it's not enough to say something, you have to relate it back to the question fully which is annoying when it's only say, 2 marks.
This is pretty much my last day of revision till the exam now, going over media today then i have a few hours on monday to re go over research methods and breifly read over schizophrenia as i have a sociology exam monday

Wish me luck :biggrin:
and good luck for everyone else
Has anyone used the CGP book to revise for research methods, is it any good?
Reply 911
Original post by StudentFDot
Thank you for these notes, very well structured, detailed and accurate!

no problem :smile:
Reply 912
Original post by Been_22
These notes are loveellyy thanks a bunch - gave you rep!

awww thanks! happy to help :biggrin:
Reply 913
Arghhhhh panicking now!!! This exam has come around way to quickly :/
Research methods is alright but phobias and addiction i am just screwed big time.
Any tips on how i can remember all the names and studies?
X
Reply 914
Original post by Bubbles0ox
This is pretty much my last day of revision till the exam now, going over media today then i have a few hours on monday to re go over research methods and breifly read over schizophrenia as i have a sociology exam monday

Wish me luck :biggrin:
and good luck for everyone else

Im in the same boat as you :/ ,, got maths and economics on the monday so today is like the finisher for psychology :smile: They should have spread the exams out more, but what can ya do :P
Predictions for schizo any 1?
Hi guys, does anyone have a good essay or at least essay plan for bio. expl of schizophrenia? I have a feeling it will come up... It's basically the only thing that hasn't come up yet, and it's in the specimen paper:
"Outline and evaluate one or more biological explanations for schizophrenia. In your evaluation you should refer to research evidence. (25 marks)"
Thanks in advance :smile:
Depression/Addiction/Research Methods

Anyone wanna share predictions? :biggrin:
Original post by justincredible1
hi i been doing research, and i have been doing so crap i have done written notes but they don't seem to be helping much, so has anyone got any notes i could borrow and could someone outline how to answer the 8 and 12 mark questions please?

sorry to be a nuisance

please can someone help i have done a past paper and i got 14 which i shocking i really need help for research methods
Original post by rosieestudent
any good predictions for depression and media? i feel most worried about research methods though :s-smilie:

hi im doing the same modules as you :smile:
psychological therapies came up as an essay in january for depression, so its most likely to be something biological/classification (bear in mind that it will be split answered questions)
and for media, cognitive dissonance or intense fandom seems to be most likely :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending