The Student Room Group

DSA needs assessment on Monday

Scroll to see replies

Got my letter from student finance. They've approved everything but it doesn't say anything about whether I can upgrade the recommended desktop to a laptop. I'm assuming I can because they haven't said I can't. I'm not ordering my things until later into the summer.
Got my appointment through for Thursday 7th Julyto be assessed :smile:
Does anyone know when the academic year officially ends for DSA? I may or may not have epically ruined this year but I'm being allowed to take it again in one go in August as first sits (7 exams in 2 weeks... help please!) and as I'm studying from my parents home at the moment (because I've apparently cracked up) and the local uni library has no books of use to me, I'm going to need to buy textbooks for quite a few modules.

My poor poor bank account :frown:
I really don't know tbh, it might be worth you emailing the DSA team to ask for their advice :smile:
Hope it works out!
Original post by lozzyhickers
I really don't know tbh, it might be worth you emailing the DSA team to ask for their advice :smile:
Hope it works out!

I'll email them in the morning. Not looking forward to any of it but uni are really helping out with things and I'm getting even more uni support... at the rate I'm going I'll have a gazillion people doing everything for me :frown:
Original post by snoogy
I'll email them in the morning. Not looking forward to any of it but uni are really helping out with things and I'm getting even more uni support... at the rate I'm going I'll have a gazillion people doing everything for me :frown:

I wouldn't like to be in your position either, but it's good that the uni are giving you so much help and support.

Chin up :smile: It'll be over before you know it
Original post by lozzyhickers
I wouldn't like to be in your position either, but it's good that the uni are giving you so much help and support.

Chin up :smile: It'll be over before you know it

I knows. I think I'm just feeling a little bit knocked about things at the moment. Mneh. It'll be fine in the end.
Original post by snoogy
I knows. I think I'm just feeling a little bit knocked about things at the moment. Mneh. It'll be fine in the end.

I can understand that. But you're right, it will be fine :smile:
Reply 288
Check the guide that comes with the form again, I am pretty sure I have seen it somewhere there, because I will have the joy to reapply over the summer due to a change of uni, and for some reasons everybody thinks I'd be doing both courses at the same time... Well, let just say I do like my sleep. So thanks but no thanks.
Reply 289
Oh and my impression is the DSA team is pretty flexible when they can, so even I the year ends soon and you buy your book after the date, maybe you could backdate your claim since your are resorting ur exams for this current year. Worth asking!! They DSA people I have talked to always tell me if you don't ask you don't get, so good luck!
I've just emailed them and my disability support lady at uni. I need to sit 100 credits before September so a small breakdown seems to have commenced.
Original post by snoogy
I've just emailed them and my disability support lady at uni. I need to sit 100 credits before September so a small breakdown seems to have commenced.

:jumphug:
Reply 292
Finally all the items have arrived. I think the DSA suppliers' existence is somehow worth it. Waiting for stuff coming from all over the place across a number of days, and to sort out all the receipts, writing to SFE, which I have yet to do is a task and a half...
hi
does any one know how long normally will take for SFE to reply you their decision after the assessor send your final report to them ?
Reply 294
has anyone been to Kingston Assessment Services KASDSA?
any feedbacks?
thanks
Original post by nemoshish
hi
does any one know how long normally will take for SFE to reply you their decision after the assessor send your final report to them ?

I was told 3 weeks. And it was just over 3 weeks from report to decision.
Original post by nemoshish
hi

Not sure, I've been waiting for about 3 weeks, but still nothing.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug:

Naww, thanks.

I've made the decision to resit the entire year (the uni thought I'd have an epic breakdown so they've pushed me towards the retake year) and now I have to convince SFE to fund me for another year.

I wish my DSA had happened quicker. I probably wouldn't be retaking if it hadn't taken forever to get the support in place :frown:
I have my acceptance letter from SFE. All of my reccomendations have been accepted!

I will order them after results day, but when it comes to it, do I order upgrades on the phone? And how do I find out what upgrades I could pay for?
Original post by snoogy
Naww, thanks.

I've made the decision to resit the entire year (the uni thought I'd have an epic breakdown so they've pushed me towards the retake year) and now I have to convince SFE to fund me for another year.

I wish my DSA had happened quicker. I probably wouldn't be retaking if it hadn't taken forever to get the support in place :frown:

Really sorry to hear this is happening to you :console: Hopefully with the DSA in place for your retake year, things will go much better for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest