The Student Room Group

DSA Delays

I guess everyone is suffering the long time delays at the DSA the same as me. It's taking 5 weeks at every point of contact to process anything. I started my course in September and still haven't received any equipment. I desperately need my dyslexia equipment and a special chair for my back. I'm not sleeping now.

I have now gone to my local PM who is looking into it and is going to write to the Minister in charge!

Anyone else struggling like me?
Reply 1
Original post by Alex The Dude
I guess everyone is suffering the long time delays at the DSA the same as me. It's taking 5 weeks at every point of contact to process anything. I started my course in September and still haven't received any equipment. I desperately need my dyslexia equipment and a special chair for my back. I'm not sleeping now.

I have now gone to my local PM who is looking into it and is going to write to the Minister in charge!

Same as me, I haven’t been given any equipment or anything yet.. they promised a laptop case, screen reader and colour change software and I haven’t got anything.. keep chasing them up but not getting anywhere 😡
Reply 2
Original post by Alex The Dude

Me! I was due back Tuesday after an interruption, i have had both my hips replaced suddenly. I had to have a nee DSA assessment and because inam returning january SFE refuse to process my finance or DSA u tim the day my course starts. I cant get to university without mu DSA transport aspect and my chair and desk are tied up with it, I have not been able to go to university and cant until my DSA2 letter is sorted and my finance recalculated and released. I applied in March then the university didnt inform them of my interruption until this January and just disnt confirm the semester prior so in january they cancelled my whole finance and shelved my new assessment until Today!

Now im sat (or rather laying as i cant use any chair here as slipped a disc) getting behind. I put in a complaint today as DSA policy isnt fit for purpose theyre disadvantaging less able bodied students by refusing to process things from their registration date to enable them to be ready on the first day with everyone else fortunate not to need or qualify for dsa it breached the equality act and targets protected characteristics. Its quite literally criminal. Their procedures make a mockery of theur attempts of promoting equality when they deliberately discriminate. Things need to change, they cant expect disabled people to be in the workforce moaning about benefit bills while putting barriers up preventing anyone with any medical problems or not born with a silver spoon from improving their quality if life. Its so hypocritical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending