The Student Room Group

AQA - Unit 5 - Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by Arab_Empress
Does anyone kno what the titration curve for ethanedioate ions with manganate ions look like,??

it was in jan 10 paper

ANYONE? :smile:

Starts with low gradient as EA is high and repulsion, gradient gets steeper as Mn2+ produces which acts as a catalyst, levels off.
i'm doing an all nighter, hopefully wont make stupid mistakes cus its my last exam so jus gonna put in every ounce of effort into the exam, drink coffeee!!!!!!
Reply 1122
Original post by Seher
I am so so so mega scared for this exam it's UNREAL =(

I know my stuff. I think. I've spent two days going over and over my notes and reams of past paper questions plus mark schemes but I trust AQA about as much as a noble gas reacts... urghh

I need to sleep otherwise I'm gonna make silly mistakes tomorrow as usual. But i haven't done any of the actual past papers. (stupid I know but I've done loads of practice questions) should I do the 3 papers or go to sleep? someone decide for me?

Quickly look over one side by side with a mark scheme in 20 mins or less then sleep.
Reply 1123
Does anyone kno what the titration curve for ethanedioate ions with manganate ions look like,??

it was in jan 10 paper

ANYONE? :smile:

it's not a titration curve is it? it's asking for the conc of manganate ions not pH...
shud i do an all nighter or not??? dont know???
Reply 1125
Original post by NRican
Quickly look over one side by side with a mark scheme in 20 mins or less then sleep.

just done this with jan10... now gonna read through june10 and june11 then try and be asleep by 1:30 so I can get 6.5 hours-ish sleep... I need like a million ums in this since unit4 was soo hard :frown:
Original post by Seher
they're from legacy/old spec papers from the relevant topics...

The old papers tend to be harder, so I guess youve done the harder questions, we had to do some for homework...I guess its upto you, it all depends on how confident you are...If you are confident then just sleep
If you are really worried and a paper will help you relieve that worry than do that.....:smile:
Reply 1127
Original post by angel1992
shud i do an all nighter or not??? dont know???

I'd say go to sleep. Get at least 6 hours of sleep or silly errors will start adding up (this always happens to me but you might be able to deal with lack of sleep better than me)
Damn I really need to go to sleep too. Feel so underprepared though =[
Original post by Seher
I'd say go to sleep. Get at least 6 hours of sleep or silly errors will start adding up (this always happens to me but you might be able to deal with lack of sleep better than me)

i think i will have 2 hours, still need to mek sure i know titration sections and bit about fuel cells really, plus the monotous stuff like advanatges disadvantages hopefully wont tek tto long
Original post by Seher
it's not a titration curve is it? it's asking for the conc of manganate ions not pH...

Oh yeh ure right lol

With no relevance to this quesiton wat so ever,

Does the the 2nd curve down on the left look like the curve for this question
Reply 1131
hey guys, you know when a titration Q asks you to work out a certain % of something.. in the mark scheme they subtract moles but would you get the marks for doing it in %s? e.g
find the % of fe2+ that's been oxidised.
couldn't you do say... 70% of fe2+ present so 100%-70%= 30% oxidised?

n_n
Reply 1132
The old papers tend to be harder, so I guess youve done the harder questions, we had to do some for homework...I guess its upto you, it all depends on how confident you are...If you are confident then just sleep
If you are really worried and a paper will help you relieve that worry than do that.....:smile:

yeah some of the chapter 4&5 stuff is definitely much harder but the new papers have loads of tricky questions that skate around the topics without ever getting to the point whereas the older papers are mostly regurgitation. I guess I'm just worried they'll take a leaf out of biology's book and ask a load of unrelated Qs that might throw me off =/

Also it's freaking me out that like just 1 mark in this exam alone could stop me going to uni... I definitely need to stop thinking lol
Original post by Seher
yeah some of the chapter 4&5 stuff is definitely much harder but the new papers have loads of tricky questions that skate around the topics without ever getting to the point whereas the older papers are mostly regurgitation. I guess I'm just worried they'll take a leaf out of biology's book and ask a load of unrelated Qs that might throw me off =/

Also it's freaking me out that like just 1 mark in this exam alone could stop me going to uni... I definitely need to stop thinking lol

Lol yeah tru say, jus do ure best and be confident

Good Luck
Reply 1134
Oh yeh ure right lol

With no relevance to this quesiton wat so ever,

Does the the 2nd curve down on the left look like the curve for this question

haha that scared me for a sec, I was trying to figure out what pH MnO4- ions would be...

yeah I think so... it basically starts slow, increases rapidly and then levels off.
Original post by Jin3011
Damn I really need to go to sleep too. Feel so underprepared though =[

Ive learnt how to deal with 3 hours of sleep lol

If I get at least 3 hours Il be happy
Reply 1136
Lol yeah tru say, jus do ure best and be confident

Good Luck

I'll try and calm down lol thanks :smile: good luck to you too :smile: is this your last exam as well?
Original post by Seher
I'll try and calm down lol thanks :smile: good luck to you too :smile: is this your last exam as well?

Yes and Thank God for that, I will honesly sleep for as long as I can, and do nothing for a long time,,,literally :biggrin:
Original post by Seher
haha that scared me for a sec, I was trying to figure out what pH MnO4- ions would be...

yeah I think so... it basically starts slow, increases rapidly and then levels off.

Lol my bad n thanks
Anyone have any idea how to do the last question (titration) on the january 2011 paper? I got up to working out 1.138x10^-3 but then I don't understand what they do after that? Why do you multiply it by 10 and where does 1000/5 come from?

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQA%20Chemistry/AQA%20A2%20Chemistry/Unit%205/Unit%205%20Past%20Papers%20and%20Revision%20Aids/AQA-CHEM5-W-QP-Jan11.pdf
http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQA%20Chemistry/AQA%20A2%20Chemistry/Unit%205/Unit%205%20Past%20Papers%20and%20Revision%20Aids/AQA-CHEM5-W-MS-Jan11.pdf

Please help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending