The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They're not released I'm afraid. Why would you like to see them? If you have questions about Oxford, I'll do my best to answer them.
Reply 2
Why..?
The preclinical short answer papers weren't anything special complexity wise... they tested core knowledge. The tricky thing was the high pass mark (~80% equivalent when I did them) & breadth you needed to make sure you covered.
The essay papers were what showed the range of candidates & were the opportunity to get 'merits'. The questions were generic enough so the trick was structuring a good answer under time pressure with enough extension material/links to original research or clinical relevance.

I'm a few computers away from having any on my harddrive still. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Firstly, note that there is no reason to know this until you are at the medical school. Just to satisfy your curiosity though:

Not sure you're technically allowed to post them, but i don't see what harm it can do... the part As are hard to get in a proper format but the part Bs are just essay questions, 3 essays in 2 hours for first year, 3 essays in 3 hours in second. Bear in mind that this represents only a fraction of what you are expected to know (and indeed a much wider knowledge base is tested in the part As).

First year just answering the question is enough to pass, but second year and beyond you are expected to be able to cite primary experimental evidence and better students are expected to criticize papers and explore alternative views.

First year 2011 papers:

Biochemistry and genetics

Spoiler

Organization of the body:

Spoiler

Physiology and Pharmacology

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by nexttime
Firstly, note that there is no reason to know this until you are at the medical school. Just to satisfy your curiosity though:

Not sure you're technically allowed to post them, but i don't see what harm it can do... the part As are hard to get in a proper format but the part Bs are just essay questions, 3 essays in 2 hours for first year, 3 essays in 3 hours in second. Bear in mind that this represents only a fraction of what you are expected to know (and indeed a much wider knowledge base is tested in the part As).

First year just answering the question is enough to pass, but second year and beyond you are expected to be able to cite primary experimental evidence and better students are expected to criticize papers and explore alternative views.

First year 2011 papers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Do you do Pharm in 2nd year at all?
In Cambridge they do pure Physiology in 1st year then do Pharm 2nd year.
Reply 5
Original post by GH
Do you do Pharm in 2nd year at all?
In Cambridge they do pure Physiology in 1st year then do Pharm 2nd year.

Its sort of integrated into other things, but not in a big way and there is no specific module. The second year papers are Principles of Pathology, The Nervous System and Systems of the Body.

I am told Cambridge do a lot more anatomy too. Apparently the Cambridge students will all really show us up for that next year at clinical school :colondollar:
Reply 6
Its sort of integrated into other things, but not in a big way and there is no specific module. The second year papers are Principles of Pathology, The Nervous System and Systems of the Body.

I am told Cambridge do a lot more anatomy too. Apparently the Cambridge students will all really show us up for that next year at clinical school :colondollar:

Lol they will have forgotten everything by then

First year 2011 papers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Is there anywhere that there are past years questions and answers. Wanting to work through previous year exams for revision purposes.

Latest

Trending

Trending