The Student Room Group

Advice on my career path

Hello my name is Nasila and I need your advice.during my high-school i took biology-chemistry and geography for my A-levels and when national examinations ended , I acquired C in biology, A in geography and unfortunately E in chemistry .I was so disappointed with my grades and I thought I was a failure despite all my efforts, I couldn't get good grades .The reason why I felt like this is because every since I could learn how to talk , my dream was to be a doctor so I can help my sick mother. With these grades people in my home country keep saying I should give up because I am to dumb to make it. I am 21 year old girl from a low class family and I feel like my life shouldn't end like this with unfulfilled dreams .help me please.
Original post by MUTAVU Nasila
Hello my name is Nasila and I need your advice.during my high-school i took biology-chemistry and geography for my A-levels and when national examinations ended , I acquired C in biology, A in geography and unfortunately E in chemistry .I was so disappointed with my grades and I thought I was a failure despite all my efforts, I couldn't get good grades .The reason why I felt like this is because every since I could learn how to talk , my dream was to be a doctor so I can help my sick mother. With these grades people in my home country keep saying I should give up because I am to dumb to make it. I am 21 year old girl from a low class family and I feel like my life shouldn't end like this with unfulfilled dreams .help me please.
Hi Nasila,
Your grades arn't all that bad because you didnt fail either of them which is your first plus sign. Because you have managed to get a A in geography, you should put that one to a side and just focus on both biology and chemistry. I suggest re- taking your biology and chemistry A level, and whilst that time is coming up just keep on revising them and doing past papers to try and get the best possible grades that you can. Dont give up hope because you will always have the chance !

If these dont go well (which they hopefully will, but just in case) you could always look at graduate entry medicine or a career change but you could keep it within the medical feild as you clearly have a passion for it to help others, like your mother.

I hope this helps and that everything goes well for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending