Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2860
Original post by Stephhcharlene
It depends what your after! :P ensuite/shared? lots of people/4-6? house/flats? whats your budget per week?

Well at one point I was all for modern and en-suite etc, but to be honest I just want to meet everyone and have a good time. So if that means sharing bathrooms in a flat of 50 then that's cool with me!! :biggrin:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2861
Original post by Raguman

Original post by Raguman
I'm sure you'll be fine, my last ones Tuesday and I can't wait till its over :smile: tbh with you I'm not sure, I assume they do ! You a year 12 ?

ooh i see, well, good luck for all the exams and everything, i'm sure you'll be fine :smile: argh, i hope so. i've been trying to contact them and they won't get back to me!
nope, i'm year 13, i've done all my exams and all i have to do now is wait until results day to see if i am going to NTU!
Reply 2862
Original post by batman2.0
me too :biggrin: what you studying?

I'm studying law. Although I was considering changing to Law with criminology if I can. I'm not sure if I definitely want to though! What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 2863
ahh okk thanks yeah, my friend in the year above got into his insurance on results day and phoned up and he still got good accommodation at gill street and my other at simpsons so I think its just luck thank you anyway :smile: hopefully won't get too bad accommodation if get into insurance :/
Reply 2864
Original post by Illusions144
Hey, I'm in the same position as you! I'm a bit worried though, cos I think I'm gonna definitely be going to NTU, but it seems like all the accomodation has been taken :/ and I can't really afford the top notch stuff!

yeah :/ I think it is just a pot of luck, my friend in the year above managed to get really good accomodation when ringing in so I think it's first come first served!! :smile:
Original post by Jamesrb
Well at one point I was all for modern and en-suite etc, but to be honest I just want to meet everyone and have a good time. So if that means sharing bathrooms in a flat of 50 then that's cool with me!! :biggrin:

Well then anywould suit you... just go on ntu website and browse accomo and make a list of top 5 places..
in preperation for going to Trent i have done the intelligent thing and begun memorising all of
the pubs and clubs within the city centre lol. I should really be looking at insurance and stuff.
Reply 2867
Original post by michaelmcpheat

Original post by michaelmcpheat
hello :smile: I'm studying Interior Architecture at NTU this october :smile: I'm so excited. I have about a million questions to ask you but i'll only ask a few at a time so you don't kill yourself.

Firstly, what kind of equipment is required for studying the course in the first year? I ask this because I am staying in meridian court which is about 2 miles from the Newton and Arkwright buildings and I was wondering if it was possible to fit everything I needed into a backpack so I could cycle instead of getting the bus? I currently use public transport to get to where I study and to be quite honest I'm sick of it haha.

Secondly, are we using CAD in the first year? If so, do I need to buy a souped up laptop or will I be aright with my current laptop to use the software? Do I een need a laptop inthe first year? (it's a regular Dell laptop, nothing too fancy)

Thank you for your time and it's so good that you're giving a helping hand to the newbies!

hey
ha thats fine, ask what you like :smile:

you'll get sent an equipment list by ntu sometime this summer that adds up to about 200£ but you won't end up using half the stuff so when you get that i suggest that if you are close to central london then go to Cass Art and just get it all from there because its ALOT cheaper than everywhere else but unfortunately you cant buy online. It depends what module you're going in for on which days but you will pretty much always need your drawing board, a2 layout paper pad, a2 tracing paper pad and then everything else isn't that heavy/awkward to carry but those drawing boards are not cool to carry around so i don't think you'll be able to cycle with it! :/

nah, you don't use CAD in 1st year which is a bit annoying cos quite alot of people would've used it on their Art Foundation the year before, like me, so it's like going back a step having to make all models from hand but it's good practice.

Nah, i don't think you need to buy a new laptop at all, I've got a macbook that I used to death on my foundation course but i didnt really need it loads for 1st year, although i used photoshop alot for presentation boards but the computers in the studio have photoshop so its fine.

as i said, add me on facebook (Steph Singer) if it's easier cos I'm on that alot more so i can reply quicker :smile:
Reply 2868
Original post by Verity

Original post by Verity
Hey yeah I'm doing Interior Architecture as long as I get in :smile: Thanks that would be good!

cool well if you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Steph
Original post by The Mothman
in preperation for going to Trent i have done the intelligent thing and begun memorising all of
the pubs and clubs within the city centre lol. I should really be looking at insurance and stuff.

lol legend! thought the only club you need to know is wednesday is ocean night!
ye but what about monday, tuesday thursday friday and the weekend.
Reply 2871
After I pay for rent and everything, i'll have £90 to live off every 4 months... (Student Finance) Glad I have a job xD
im gonna start job hunting in nottingham just after exam results day. have enough savings to cover basic food until April as long as i budget, but would last till Christmas if i dont.
Reply 2873
Original post by lorrybee
oooh that's so good! i was worried that it'd be all first years but when i went i asked the woman on reception and she said they've blocked a bit off for first years and they put them all together! they were really nice as well! and apparently in freshers week, all the first years from the building meet up in the social hub and go out together on the night. i'm really excited, it's really good and really close to my course :biggrin: xxxxx

Sorry for late reply I don't know how to use this properly lol! Yeah I got tol that too, but I opted for flat 1 on top floor cos the student one is either low or the one where there's 8 to a kitchen instead of 7, if you add me on Facebook if I get in we can Deffo meet up then we know someone?? What course int your doing at uni?? Xx
i so so so hope that i get in :frown:
hey is anyone doing fine art? and anyone in claren court russel street? im soo excited to start in oct!
English with creative writing people, where are you :biggrin: ?
Reply 2877
Where's everyone gonna try for jobs then? don't really want to travel back home at weekends to continue working at Maplins, oh god it's hell ! Does the Uni offer any type of support to students in finding general part-time jobs?
Reply 2878
Original post by JudithK
Gill Street, 2nd floor D247...any neighbours? I just clicked any room in a mad panic!

im D245 and my friend is D244 :smile:
Original post by Raguman
Where's everyone gonna try for jobs then? don't really want to travel back home at weekends to continue working at Maplins, oh god it's hell ! Does the Uni offer any type of support to students in finding general part-time jobs?

There is a job place at the University which offers various part time positions with a number of companies.

Oh, also apply for these guys.

http://www.michaelwisher.co.uk/

They helped a lot throughout my Trent experience!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending