The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chizuru
exactly...we need to book flights and make arrangements for moving. the applications opened in april, does it really take more than 3 months to sort out accommodation?

I bet they waited until the 30 June deadline and now they will start sorting it out all... Hopefully.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
They said 3 weeks ago that they would have it sorted in 3 weeks... right on schedule then!
I hope everyone got their accommodation offers today! If you've been given an offer for Carr-Saunders Hall please let me direct you to the fb page https://www.facebook.com/pages/-LSE-Carr-Saunders-Hall-2011-2012-/162600140464109 and also the Carr-Saunders Hall thread if you've got any questions or suggestions for your fresher's fortnight.
Original post by oakbluffs
I hope everyone got their accommodation offers today! If you've been given an offer for Carr-Saunders Hall please let me direct you to the fb page https://www.facebook.com/pages/-LSE-Carr-Saunders-Hall-2011-2012-/162600140464109 and also the Carr-Saunders Hall thread if you've got any questions or suggestions for your fresher's fortnight.

Yay, finally something's happening! I guess undergrads will receive their offers first. Fingers crossed for us postgrads! :colondollar:
Original post by KasiaPisklak
Yay, finally something's happening! I guess undergrads will receive their offers first. Fingers crossed for us postgrads! :colondollar:

Yeah the delay has really been ridiculous. I'm on the committee and we're supposed to be guaranteed places, but we didn't even find out until today. I hope you hear soon!
Reply 1725
Finally some progress! Fingers crossed for us postgrads as well!
Original post by uzumakii
Finally some progress! Fingers crossed for us postgrads as well!

I've read in the Graduate Offer Pack that in 2010 they were able to offer accommodation to the 85% of postgrads who applied. Let's hope it's true this year as well and that we're included in those 85% :biggrin:

What was your first choice Uzumakii?
Reply 1727

wow congrats man... u r the only one over here with an offer so far...
Reply 1728
Original post by KasiaPisklak
I've read in the Graduate Offer Pack that in 2010 they were able to offer accommodation to the 85% of postgrads who applied. Let's hope it's true this year as well and that we're included in those 85% :biggrin:

What was your first choice Uzumakii?

My first choice was Grosvenor. Second and third were Lilian Knowles and High Holborn. I think a lot of people that picked LK already got offers a while back...
Original post by uzumakii
My first choice was Grosvenor. Second and third were Lilian Knowles and High Holborn. I think a lot of people that picked LK already got offers a while back...

My first was also Grosvenor! Let's hope we'll be neighbours :smile:
Yes, that's because Lilian is independently run and that's why they got offers sooner.
Original post by solo443
wow congrats man... u r the only one over here with an offer so far...

I'm on the committee so I think we might have had our offers before everyone else. I had an email from the head of residential life asking for feedback on the acceptance process so I figure they'll be getting round to getting all the offers out pretty soon, fingers crossed!
Reply 1731
I'm on the committee so I think we might have had our offers before everyone else. I had an email from the head of residential life asking for feedback on the acceptance process so I figure they'll be getting round to getting all the offers out pretty soon, fingers crossed!

How much time do they actually give you to decide whether you accept the offer or not? Is there a set limit or does it differ from hall to hall?
Original post by sschu
How much time do they actually give you to decide whether you accept the offer or not? Is there a set limit or does it differ from hall to hall?

I've got no idea sorry, I was just gunna accept and pay the deposit on mine tonight. If you go on hallpad once you've had an offer it should tell you, if not your best bet is to contact the accommodation office.
I've got no idea sorry, I was just gunna accept and pay the deposit on mine tonight. If you go on hallpad once you've had an offer it should tell you, if not your best bet is to contact the accommodation office.

How much deposit must we pay?
Reply 1734

did u find out by email or by hallpad?
Reply 1735
For everyone who's asking, I'm pretty sure that you have 2 weeks to pay the £200 deposit for accommodation once you hear from them. I'm still waiting though.
Original post by l'histoire
Is the deposit the same for all halls? If so, how much is it? I'm so broke right now. :/

Me too!! I'm so praying that they will give me my second choice (Bankside) since it's the least expensive.
My friend's offer just came through, got an email telling her to look at Hallpad...you have 14 days to accept/decline...she got Passfield Hall. Here's hoping mine will come through soon too! But this makes me think the ball's started rolling now :biggrin:
Reply 1738
I've already made different arrangements, moving in a flat in Zone 2, cheaper than halls, bigger room than halls, and I'm happy it all went well. But still haven't got any answer from hallpad. If I were still waiting I'd be really annoyed at the delay. Wouldn't expect this kind of organisation from LSE. And I'm Italian :biggrin:
Reply 1739
Just went into Hallpad to have a look at my application. It said I sent it on March 24. Tomorrow it will be 4 months.

Latest

Trending

Trending