The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mephestic
Does anyone recall which questions came up this June for paper 3?

Im trying to hedge my bets on what hasnt come up and with the latest paper not available yet Im unsure which questions to cross out.

anyone recall what the questions were for any of the topics they did>? would REALLY be helpful..I will give you a virtual kiss lol

:smile:

I couldn't find the actual paper, but here's the mark scheme, which has the questions on :smile:

It should be uploaded on Psychexchange soon though, I would definitely recommend checking that website for notes and stuff aswell, its all very very useful :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by liamcol123
I couldn't find the actual paper, but here's the mark scheme, which has the questions on :smile:

It should be uploaded on Psychexchange soon though, I would definitely recommend checking that website for notes and stuff aswell, its all very very useful :biggrin:

thanks so much mate! Already on it!

Based on the questions that have come up;

Im thinking maybe group displays of aggression may come up next time potentially or how genes affect aggression in people.

What do people think? It seems the others have come up so far...but AQA can be tricky im told :s

Im thinking maybe group displays of aggression may come up next time potentially or how genes affect aggression in people.

What do people think? It seems the others have come up so far...but AQA can be tricky im told :s

Group displays I would say is very likely, but as you said, AQA are tricky buggers. Plus, you'd bettwer be careful, they were very predictible this year, literally everything predicted to come up, came up, so they may be a bit more wary this time and be all mean on you..
Reply 1823

I would be amazed if Group Displays didn't come up, but be careful - they could just make it a 5 mark question or something :smile:
Original post by TGBuble
I would be amazed if Group Displays didn't come up, but be careful - they could just make it a 5 mark question or something :smile:

I might cry if its a 5 marker only :frown: !

What are the other possibilities?

according to my book and looking at past questions;

Genetic explanation for aggression hasnt come up fully? Only as a 4 marker it seems..

Anything else seem possible beyond that?
how did you revise? what method did you use?

any tips would be helpful for myself come january as I sit this paper!

I would be very grateful :smile:

Which topics do you have?
Original post by Emmaayziing
Which topics do you have?

Im revising Aggression, relationships, eating disorders and going to try get in sleep rhythms too just incase.

Im literally trying to learn every essay answer from the top of my head as best as I can based on what I think will come up but I fear this is going to be really time consuming and difficult..

I will need to memorise about 10-15 essay answers I estimate just to cover all my bases...but i have until January to do so which is the good thing.

But I also have paper 4 to worry about which I havnt even looked at yet.

I hope to get paper 3 memorised in the next 2 months with all the essay answers and then look to move to paper 4.

If the syllabus hopefully doesnt change by June I may just take paper 4 then and just do paper 3 in january...but you never know.

How did you guys manage to revise?! How did you know which questions to prepare for? There are like 8 possible questions for each topic!! :s-smilie:
Im revising Aggression, relationships, eating disorders and going to try get in sleep rhythms too just incase.

Im literally trying to learn every essay answer from the top of my head as best as I can based on what I think will come up but I fear this is going to be really time consuming and difficult..

I will need to memorise about 10-15 essay answers I estimate just to cover all my bases...but i have until January to do so which is the good thing.

But I also have paper 4 to worry about which I havnt even looked at yet.

I hope to get paper 3 memorised in the next 2 months with all the essay answers and then look to move to paper 4.

If the syllabus hopefully doesnt change by June I may just take paper 4 then and just do paper 3 in january...but you never know.

How did you guys manage to revise?! How did you know which questions to prepare for? There are like 8 possible questions for each topic!! :s-smilie:

Relationships
Describe and evaluate two theories of the formation of relationships
Describe and evaluate one theory of the maintenance of relationships
Describe and evaluate two theories of the breakdown of relationships
Discuss the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour
Discuss evolutionary explanations for sex differences in parental investment and parental-offspring conflict
Discuss the influence of parent-child relationships and interactions with peers on adult relationships
Discuss the nature of relationships in other cultures
Discuss the influence of childhood experiences n adult relationships

Biological Rhythms and Sleep
Discuss the role of endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers in biological rhythms
Discuss the consequences of disrupting biological rhythms (e.g. shift work, jetlag)
Outline and evaluate a theory as an explanation of the function of sleep

Aggression
Outline and evaluate one social psychological theory of aggression
Discuss psychological explanations of two or more forms of institutional aggression
Discuss the role of genetic facts in human aggression
Discuss the role of neural and hormonal mechanisms in human aggression
Discuss evolutionary explanations of human aggressions
Discuss two or more explanations of group display as an adaptive response

I started off as writing full essays, but then found it quicker to plan it as an essay separating it into AO1 (describing) and AO2/AO3 (evaluating.) If you really want me to, I could write up an example of each (: I liked to do all of mine by hand since I learn better writing things out. I generally got 21-24 marks for each essay I wrote. What topics are you doing for PSYA4?
(edited 12 years ago)
Relationships
Describe and evaluate two theories of the formation of relationships
Describe and evaluate one theory of the maintenance of relationships
Describe and evaluate two theories of the breakdown of relationships
Discuss the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour
Discuss evolutionary explanations for sex differences in parental investment and parental-offspring conflict
Discuss the influence of parent-child relationships and interactions with peers on adult relationships
Discuss the nature of relationships in other cultures
Discuss the influence of childhood experiences n adult relationships

Biological Rhythms and Sleep
Discuss the role of endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers in biological rhythms
Discuss the consequences of disrupting biological rhythms (e.g. shift work, jetlag)
Outline and evaluate a theory as an explanation of the function of sleep

Aggression
Outline and evaluate one social psychological theory of aggression
Discuss psychological explanations of two or more forms of institutional aggression
Discuss the role of genetic facts in human aggression
Discuss the role of neural and hormonal mechanisms in human aggression
Discuss evolutionary explanations of human aggressions

I started off as writing full essays, but then found it quicker to plan it as an essay separating it into AO1 (describing) and AO2/AO3 (evaluating.) If you really want me to, I could write up an example of each (: I liked to do all of mine by hand since I learn better writing things out. What topics are you doing for PSYA4?

OMG I LOVE YOU!

Im currently trying to do full essays but i imagine hopefully once I get them more into my head I will start to summerise more and use that to jogg my memory.

I havnt even looked at paper 4 yet!! I understand I have to pick specific topics in that too but no idea beyond that as Im just solely concentrating on paper 3 :s-smilie:

If you would be so kind to write an example of each...I..would be beyond greatful, I will seriously love you to pieces O_O!!!!!!
OMG I LOVE YOU!

Im currently trying to do full essays but i imagine hopefully once I get them more into my head I will start to summerise more and use that to jogg my memory.

I havnt even looked at paper 4 yet!! I understand I have to pick specific topics in that too but no idea beyond that as Im just solely concentrating on paper 3 :s-smilie:

If you would be so kind to write an example of each...I..would be beyond greatful, I will seriously love you to pieces O_O!!!!!!

By each I meant one of each topic, you can tell me which questions you'd like me to do an example plan for if you want (pick a nice relationship question though :frown: )<: That would be a hella lot of typing if I did them all xD. I'll try get them done errm, by next Friday. I have work and then other half commitments inbetween. I managed to find a lot of my essays though, ain't no way in hell I'm throwing all of them papers away <:

As a possible revision plan:
-Do an essay for each of them questions, with notes (for maximum greatness)
-Highlight key points from each of them essays
-Make a plan for each of them essays from the highlighted key points
-Try do an essay without notes
(not all in one sitting, or even one day)

Since you have till January, best to start now so you can stretch it out over a long time.

Key points to remember:
PEE. Point, Evidence, Explanation - this is key for good evaluation.
e.g. > Theory could be seen as weak since there are cultural differences > This was shown in * research (Include stats) > This shows that...
By each I meant one of each topic, you can tell me which questions you'd like me to do an example plan for if you want (pick a nice relationship question though :frown: )<: That would be a hella lot of typing if I did them all xD. I'll try get them done errm, by next Friday. I have work and then other half commitments inbetween. I managed to find a lot of my essays though, ain't no way in hell I'm throwing all of them papers away <:

As a possible revision plan:
-Do an essay for each of them questions, with notes (for maximum greatness)
-Highlight key points from each of them essays
-Make a plan for each of them essays from the highlighted key points
-Try do an essay without notes
(not all in one sitting, or even one day)

Since you have till January, best to start now so you can stretch it out over a long time.

Key points to remember:
PEE. Point, Evidence, Explanation - this is key for good evaluation.
e.g. > Theory could be seen as weak since there are cultural differences > This was shown in * research (Include stats) > This shows that...

LOL no problem, I think writing one for each would be a bit too much to ask too :smile:

I wouldnt mind seeing a question tackling:

&

just to match it to my essay and see how my planning compares.

Anything will be appreciated really mate, I am just greatful for the help!

:smile:
My suggestion would be to try and think of some important implications of research/theories and/or try to tie in the issues/debates of psychology (nature/nurture being the most obvious one). That's what gets you the key marks in the essays but also thinking up some original ideas that aren't in your textbook will set you apart from the others.
Reply 1832
got 82/100 :smile: was so surprised!! I thought I messed it up :\
97/100 :biggrin: pretty good considering I was predicted a U!!!
Wow! :top: well done to you!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending