The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimbles
Forgot to ask, does anyone know what stuff Peverell Halls have in them already? I've as good as got everything now, it's just I've not bothered with toasters and that until I know what I need/don't need in that aspect...

You could see what everyone else brings in Freshers Week, and if you need anything Morrisons is a walk away and Asda is a bus ride to West Bridgford :smile:

If I remember correctly there are toasters already in Peverell.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Has anyone recieved an infomation pack about the accomodation or from Trent yet?
Original post by Pegasus2
Has anyone recieved an infomation pack about the accomodation or from Trent yet?

Nope, got absolutely nothing from Trent since results day. I was expecting Trent to send me something with regards to the uni at least. :s-smilie:
Reply 3163
I heard Trent send stuff like a welcome pack from early/mid september? :s
Original post by jimbles
I heard Trent send stuff like a welcome pack from early/mid september? :s

They do indeed. The SU president was writing his little welcome note the other day, and the sports club brochure has been printed, so you'll be all getting your welcome packs sometime in the near future :smile:
yeah I think it gets sent out early september, so we should have it in a week or so as far as I know, I've not had much sent to me from the uni either... apart from an email today about a special offer for hiring a bike for the year :eyeball:
Reply 3166
Original post by disposablesteve
yeah I think it gets sent out early september, so we should have it in a week or so as far as I know, I've not had much sent to me from the uni either... apart from an email today about a special offer for hiring a bike for the year :eyeball:

I got this too! £35 for a year isn't too shabby! .. Even though I already have a bike :P
Original post by Raguman
I got this too! £35 for a year isn't too shabby! .. Even though I already have a bike :P

haha yeah I actually thought it wasnt a bad price, and I dont have a bike myself at the moment. I dont need one for the first year though but I might consider it for the second year if I move off campus :smile:
What is the best broadband to get? I do not want TV nor free calls, just broadband. Having a hard time figuring it out. any suggestions?
Reply 3169
Welcome packs should arrive at your door on Monday 12th September, according to the NTU Facebook and Twitter feeds.
Reply 3170
Original post by jimbles
Forgot to ask, does anyone know what stuff Peverell Halls have in them already? I've as good as got everything now, it's just I've not bothered with toasters and that until I know what I need/don't need in that aspect...

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/undergraduate/document_uploads/104552.pdf

Scroll down to page 5 :smile:
Reply 3171
Hi,
I'm going to Trent in September but not staying in the halls, I live like 30 mins away. I'm worried that at freshers I won't meet anyone and I don't want to walk into the freshers parties on my own as i still want to get involved with all of it!:biggrin: Any advise?
Millie x
Original post by millie13
Hi,
I'm going to Trent in September but not staying in the halls, I live like 30 mins away. I'm worried that at freshers I won't meet anyone and I don't want to walk into the freshers parties on my own as i still want to get involved with all of it!:biggrin: Any advise?
Millie x

Go out on the first freshers night, talk to some people and make friends, get their phone number, next day text/ring them asking what they're doing tonight and if they would meet with you before they go, problem solved :biggrin:
Hi,
Millie x

another tip make the effort to join in a society or sports club, and don't leave campus straight after lectures. stay and hang around with people and see if they want to go for a drink or something, just really make the effort to mix with people. also turn up to the local stduents meeting point at spanky van dykes on goldsmith street in freshers, fresher reps will be here and able to help you to get to events so you get the chance there to mix with people in similar situation to yourself before all heading off together to the events organised.
Reply 3174
Thanks that's helped a lot!
Reply 3175
Original post by cdvdtz
Welcome packs should arrive at your door on Monday 12th September, according to the NTU Facebook and Twitter feeds.

Wooo that will be a nice birthday present! haha :biggrin:

Thanks that's helped a lot!

If it helps, I wouldn't ignore you just cos you're not on campus :biggrin:
Reply 3176
Hi,
Millie x

Hey, I went to Trent last year so am living in a house with second years but am starting a new course so in a similar situation in that I don't know how to meet people to go to freshers events with! add me on facebook? facebook.com/laurenhic , what course are you doing? x
Original post by laurenh
Hey, I went to Trent last year so am living in a house with second years but am starting a new course so in a similar situation in that I don't know how to meet people to go to freshers events with! add me on facebook? facebook.com/laurenhic , what course are you doing? x

I am not living in halls either.. so maybe we could make a group :tongue: ? lol
Reply 3178
Original post by sanniehald
I am not living in halls either.. so maybe we could make a group :tongue: ? lol

yeaah well up for that! add me too, i'm living in a house in the city so anyone not in halls is welcome to come predrink at mine or something so we can all go out together :smile:
My lovely Freshers I have a request of you, if you fit all of these criteria please request to join the facebook group linked underneath, remember that's ALL of these criteria:
A) You have Facebook
B) You are a Nottingham Trent Fresher 2011-2012
C) You will be living in Peverell
D) You will be living in Lincoln Court of Peverell (ie blocks K-T)
The last one is the most important guys...
Lincoln Court Peverell Freshers 2011-2012

This group will help you meet like Freshers living in your Court, and possibly block, and of course your lovely potential Fresher Reps are also there to ask any questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending