The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
When's it ever been alive? :confused:

Haha..I haven't been around here long enough to know.

But assuming it's always dead.

Trabzonspor representing Turkey in the Champions League tonight. :mmm:
Original post by Akkuz
Haha..I haven't been around here long enough to know.

But assuming it's always dead.

Trabzonspor representing Turkey in the Champions League tonight. :mmm:

I know, my dad's gutted. :laugh:

I'm surprised that Fener even got to play Orduspor.
Reply 502
I know, my dad's gutted. :laugh:

I'm surprised that Fener even got to play Orduspor.

Haha. I'm still taking the mikey out of all my Fener supporting friends and family.

Inter Milan vs Trabzonspor is a recipe for annihilation. It'll be interesting to see how they do. Bursaspor was a rubbish ambassador for turkish football last season.

We need cimbom back in hereee! :king1:
Reply 503
Original post by Mr.Messy
Im suprised there are only 7 members :\
And im kinda shocked that nobody made a thread yet, seeing as though most Turks cant stop talking, yelling. :wink:
How's everybody, holidays goin good? :cool:

I'm Turkish too :wink:
Reply 504
Original post by Bueno93
I'm Turkish too :wink:

Original post by AliensAndMonsters
*bumps* Hello everyone, newcomer here.

Original post by xxm
Room for one more? :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club. :hello:
Original post by Akkuz
Haha. I'm still taking the mikey out of all my Fener supporting friends and family.

This. :smug:

Inter Milan vs Trabzonspor is a recipe for annihilation. It'll be interesting to see how they do. Bursaspor was a rubbish ambassador for turkish football last season.

TRABZON WON!!!!!!!! :nutcase:

(eat your words :hahaha:)

We need cimbom back in hereee! :king1:

Not in its current shambolic state. :nah:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 506
TRABZON WON!!!!!!!! :nutcase:

(eat your words :hahaha:)

:getmecoat: Can't believe they beat Inter at the San Siro. Crazy.

Not in its current shambolic state. :nah:

Haha, true. Surely we can't do worse than last season. Do you support a Turkish team?

I miss Hagi! :adore:
Original post by Akkuz
:getmecoat: Can't believe they beat Inter at the San Siro. Crazy.

:party2:

Haha, true. Surely we can't do worse than last season. Do you support a Turkish team?

I miss Hagi! :adore:

I support Batman Petrol Spor Kulübü. :smug:

bende cimbomluyum, but I don't know much, so I probably wouldn't be classified as a 'supporter'. :sad: :getmecoat:
Reply 508
I support Batman Petrol Spor Kulübü. :smug:

Lol that's a bit random! Is that where you or your parents originate from? I'm from near those parts. :u:

bende cimbomluyum, but I don't know much, so I probably wouldn't be classified as a 'supporter'. :sad: :getmecoat:

fenerli olmada, ne olursan ol! I've lost touch with Turkish football quite a bit last few years, mainly due to uni eating away at my life. Plus this whole Fenerbaçhe match-fixing nonesone has been all over the TV and newspapers for months now, it's just getting boring. :dry:

Turkey played pretty poor against Khazakstan and Austria in the recent Euro qualifiers. The future isn't looking too bright.
Original post by Akkuz
Lol that's a bit random! Is that where you or your parents originate from? I'm from near those parts. :u:

I was joking. That's just ChaoticSkills team. :biggrin:

ChaoticSkills
x

Ne? :colone:

fenerli olmada, ne olursan ol! I've lost touch with Turkish football quite a bit last few years, mainly due to uni eating away at my life. Plus this whole Fenerbaçhe match-fixing nonesone has been all over the TV and newspapers for months now, it's just getting boring.

Turkey played pretty poor against Khazakstan and Austria in the recent Euro qualifiers. The future isn't looking too bright.

At 8 games each...
Germany 24pts (Already through so w/e)
Turkey 14pts
Belgium 12pts

Austria 8pts
Azerbaijan 7pts
Kazakhstan 3pts

Our next game is against Germany, whereas Belguim's is against Kazakhstan. >_< Losing against Azerbaijan was a terrible mistake.
Reply 510
I was joking. That's just ChaoticSkills team. :biggrin:

Ahh right! I'm a London kid ama memleket Elazığ sayılır. sen nerelisin?

At 8 games each...
Germany 24pts (Already through so w/e)
Turkey 14pts
Belgium 12pts

Austria 8pts
Azerbaijan 7pts
Kazakhstan 3pts

Our next game is against Germany, whereas Belguim's is against Kazakhstan. >_< Losing against Azerbaijan was a terrible mistake.

Did you watch the Euro games? We scraped a win just about against Khazakstan then we played poorly against Austria, with Arda missing a 92nd minute penalty and hitting the post in the 93rd minute!

yaktın bizi ardaaa, yaktın!! :nopity:

We will get into the playoffs but I dont think we will progress.
Original post by Akkuz
Ahh right! I'm a London kid ama memleket Elazığ sayılır. sen nerelisin?

Londoner- parents from Cyprus.

Did you watch the Euro games? We scraped a win just about against Khazakstan then we played poorly against Austria, with Arda missing a 92nd minute penalty and hitting the post in the 93rd minute!

yaktın bizi ardaaa, yaktın!! :nopity:

We will get into the playoffs but I dont think we will progress.

I haven't watched all of them, but I've been keeping up to date. :colondollar:

tbf Arda is our top goal scorer- he's been saving our asses half the time. If only he was still at GS. :moon:

And Turkey better get through. It was sad not seeing them in the world cup. :emo:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 512
tbf Arda is our top goal scorer- he's been saving our asses half the time. If only he was still at GS. :moon:

And Turkey better get through. It was sad not seeing them in the world cup. :emo:

Arda will be back one day, I'm sure of that. :bhangra:

I still remember the day we finished 3rd. Brings tears to my eyes :happy2:

It's a shame really, because we played so good against Brazil. We should have won that match. With the state of the current national team, I don't think we'll get a chance that good for many, many years.

Tbh, if we don't qualify for the Euro's Hiddink will leave. If one of the best international coaches can't do it, I don't know who can.
Reply 513
Original post by Akkuz

Tbh, if we don't qualify for the Euro's Hiddink will leave. If one of the best international coaches can't do it, I don't know who can.

Bring back Senol Gunes. :borat:
Took us to 3rd in 2002 and won away at Inter tonight. :eek4:

Hiddink's team selections are so poor though, makes me question if he's doing it on purpose so we can sack him.. :colone:
hello guys,

I have just registered to this beneficial site. I want to be informed from you high experienced guys living in England. Here some questions to you. I will be very satisfied if you response to my questions.

First of all, me and my friend wish to register an university in England. We haven't decided the university yet because of the reduction of knowledge about country. You know, costs of living. Can you share a little information about your overall payment per month in addition to living costs (transport, entertainment, food, etc.)

Secondly, what about life? I am talking about communication with foreigners? I have heard something about racism especially made to Turkish people? Is it true? How are the foreigners? Warm-blooded?..

I hope you response to my questions. Thanks to your interest. Have a nice day friends =)
Original post by Akkuz
I still remember the day we finished 3rd. Brings tears to my eyes :happy2:

I remember too. I was still at primary school, the teacher let us watch it on TV but told me off for ages for wripping out too many pages out of my exercise book to make flags. :laugh:

Original post by Mr.Messy
Hiddink's team selections are so poor though, makes me question if he's doing it on purpose so we can sack him.. :colone:

What's your complaints with it bro? :holmes:

Original post by bloodsword
hello guys,
First of all, me and my friend wish to register an university in England. We haven't decided the university yet because of the reduction of knowledge about country. You know, costs of living. Can you share a little information about your overall payment per month in addition to living costs (transport, entertainment, food, etc.)

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/finance/cost-of-living

Secondly, what about life? I am talking about communication with foreigners? I have heard something about racism especially made to Turkish people? Is it true? How are the foreigners? Warm-blooded?..

I hope you response to my questions. Thanks to your interest. Have a nice day friends =)

I doubt that you'd find much racism at university, certainly not much against Turks anyway. :borat:
Reply 516

I agree tbh. He's a bit like Capello in the sense that he picks players on form rather than reputation and it's evident he's semi-trying to build a new generation of players.

However the quality of players coming through, aren't as great as the last decade. That really became evident in the last two Euro games. There's never any sort of real character, creativity or urgency about our game. Very little belief amongst the players, that we can do well.

We need the likes of Hakan Sas and Hakan Sukur back...:sogood:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 517

Playing Bulut upfront.
Not having Hamit or Tuncay or Semih at least on bench.
Having players like Ekici, Brinci, Tosun in the squad.

Too many problems to handle, he can't speak proper Turkish as well. :pierre:
Reply 518
i want to go to turkey :frown:
Original post by drAyaan
i want to go to turkey :frown:

Same. St. Sophia Museum :sogood:

Quick Reply

Latest