The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lincolnlayabout
i haven't bought the course packs yet. :frown: how much were they?

i'm planning to get there around lunch as well! But i only have a 3 hour drive which is probably nothing compared to yours?! :smile:

i'm in creed court, which is apparently predominantly post-graduate housing, so i have no idea why they put me there. Que sera, sera. I guess! :d which are you in? :smile:

I disagree, you'll be there early.
Or you'll find steaming human human faeces on your bed.

LOLJK IM JUST A TOTAL STRANGER POSTING BULLSH
(edited 12 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by LincolnLayabout
I think I only need a few, and that doesn't sound too steep so I guess that's okay. Not that I can afford anything else until loans come in, especially if I want to eat. Aha.

I'm coming from Nottinghamshire, so just 3 hours or so north of London. But it's incredibly rural for the most part around here so London is going to be quite the change in scenery! I'm looking forward to it though! :smile: And I hear that. It seems ridiculous that we're only allowed to be parked on campus for twenty minutes too? I mean really, surely it'll take longer than that?!

I haven't found a single person in mine either! Saturday will be an interesting day. :smile:

Indeed, it'll be strange meeting them for the first time....

And wow. I just got my Norton Shakespeare in the mail. That is one beast of a book...

And it is a bit quick isn't it! Ah well, guess it gets rid of the awkwardness of not knowing when to ask your parents to go :smile:

Yeh, I've only been to London twice, both times to see QM, so it's gonna be an adventure :biggrin:

Original post by Maaaara
heey not to intrude but i'm doing pure english too :biggrin:

Welcome to the convo :smile:
Original post by QueenOfHearts93
Indeed, it'll be strange meeting them for the first time....

And wow. I just got my Norton Shakespeare in the mail. That is one beast of a book...

And it is a bit quick isn't it! Ah well, guess it gets rid of the awkwardness of not knowing when to ask your parents to go :smile:

Yeh, I've only been to London twice, both times to see QM, so it's gonna be an adventure :biggrin:

Welcome to the convo :smile:

Mhm! Sure will, but interesting, and hopefully nice! :smile:

Yeah, I just got my Norton Shakespeare AND my poetry anthology. I've never seen a textbook that big, it's absurd. And my poetry is 2500 pages, or there abouts, and they are only for two modules? That's crazy.

Yeah, definitely removes the awkwardness! Although I'm being driven by my girlfriend's dad as her brother is going back to Uni on the same day. My mum said she'd be far too upset if she had to drive me down and then say good-bye, aha. Bless her. :smile:

Yeah, London is huge and there is so much to do. It's going to be pretty sweet. :smile:

Original post by Maaaara
heey not to intrude but i'm doing pure english too :biggrin:

Hey! :smile:
Original post by YannTouchable
I disagree, you'll be there early.
Or you'll find steaming human human faeces on your bed.

LOLJK IM JUST A TOTAL STRANGER POSTING BULLSH

I'd prefer rose petals with Dido playing softly in the background. Butttt... If you must. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1644
yeaaaaaaaaaah i just realised my books aren't gonna come for weeks now....cos some of em are out of stock...
im screwed :P

are any of you gonna read them before lectures start?
cos i don't think that's even possible o_O
Original post by Maaaara
yeaaaaaaaaaah i just realised my books aren't gonna come for weeks now....cos some of em are out of stock...
im screwed :P

are any of you gonna read them before lectures start?
cos i don't think that's even possible o_O

Oh dear! Aha. Well I'm sure they'll understand there's nothing you can do about it. :smile:

And only parts relating to what we're doing in the first few weeks, I guess. Much Ado, etc. :smile:
Reply 1646
hey im a first year student doing computer science :smile:

btw anyone living in Maurice Court ?
Original post by nathan0w

I'm doing computer engineering so might see you in a couple of classes
Reply 1648
Hey, has anyone recieved their timetable yet??? or know where I can find mine :s-smilie:
i have no clue what to take to enrolement :s-smilie:
Reply 1650
Original post by JellyyBeanyy
i have no clue what to take to enrolement :s-smilie:

Enrolment letter (one with barcode) A Level certificates/papers (I've not got the official certs yet) errrmmm not sure what else..
Reply 1651
Checklist for Enrolment
1. Two Forms of Personal Identification
Either Passport, EU Identity Card, Birth Certificate, British Driving Licence (issued after 1/5/1999). You must provide
originals; photocopies are not acceptable.
2. Original Evidence of Your Academic Qualifications
If you have not already provided your qualifications then please bring them with you to enrolment. If a formal certificate
has not yet been issued please bring a notification slip or pass list. If you have any questions regarding your
qualifications please contact the Admissions and Recruitment Office on +44 (0)207 882 5511 or [email protected] .
3. Payment of Tuition Fees
It is essential that you present one of the following at enrolment:
A receipt from the Cashier’s Office confirming you have paid your fees in full.
A letter from your sponsor (eg. LEA or private company) confirming their intention to pay.
A receipt from the Fees/Finance Office confirming that a Direct Debit has been set up.
Further details about paying your tuition fees are available by contacting the Fees Department on +44 (0) 207 882 7752
or [email protected].

I just copied this from the enrolment pack they sent me
Original post by NGBEAR
Checklist for Enrolment
1. Two Forms of Personal Identification
Either Passport, EU Identity Card, Birth Certificate, British Driving Licence (issued after 1/5/1999). You must provide
originals; photocopies are not acceptable.
2. Original Evidence of Your Academic Qualifications
If you have not already provided your qualifications then please bring them with you to enrolment. If a formal certificate
has not yet been issued please bring a notification slip or pass list. If you have any questions regarding your
qualifications please contact the Admissions and Recruitment Office on +44 (0)207 882 5511 or [email protected] .
3. Payment of Tuition Fees
It is essential that you present one of the following at enrolment:
A receipt from the Cashier’s Office confirming you have paid your fees in full.
A letter from your sponsor (eg. LEA or private company) confirming their intention to pay.
A receipt from the Fees/Finance Office confirming that a Direct Debit has been set up.
Further details about paying your tuition fees are available by contacting the Fees Department on +44 (0) 207 882 7752
or [email protected].

I just copied this from the enrolment pack they sent me

oh thank you!! i tried reading the online stuff on their website but it just confused me haha!
Original post by Jinxy
Enrolment letter (one with barcode) A Level certificates/papers (I've not got the official certs yet) errrmmm not sure what else..

thanks :smile: almost forgot about the pre-enrolment letter!
Reply 1654
No problem JellyyBeanyy
Reply 1655
How important is the induction day? what info will be given out and will it be online? it looks like im going to miss it due to me being at work (have handed in my resignation letter but have to give 4 weeks notice). i will be able to attend enrollment as normal.
Positive Rating!
Original post by nathan0w

me! :smile:
****ting myself for tomorrow!! :biggrin:
Original post by Gigi679

Original post by Gigi679
Hey, has anyone recieved their timetable yet??? or know where I can find mine :s-smilie:

Hey :awesome:

No idea if you've found it yet or if you've got the same system but we medics use something alled blackboard and it's on there

Link: www.stu.qmul.ac.uk and then click blackboard :h:
Original post by JellyyBeanyy
****ting myself for tomorrow!! :biggrin:

:/ lol whats that supposed to mean

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending