The Student Room Group

College students killed execution style by teens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkX0j-NDrzM

What the hell is America becoming? They could have just took their money and let them live.

Scroll to see replies

They wanted to kill people so did, it has nothing to do with what the country 'is' or 'is becoming'. There are nutcases in every society. It's tragic that it happened, but you made no valid point in your post. Also, American news is tacky.
WhiteNewsWorld? Are you serious? Who cares about their race, gender, sexuality, religion or any other irrelevant parameters? The colour of their skin was not why this happened, so why bring it into the topic?

I regret to inform you that America has always been like this. This in the way that people kill other people, and this in the way that media will report on it as though it has anything to do with race, sexuality or religious preference.
Reply 3
Original post by 01010000 01001010
WhiteNewsWorld? Are you serious? Who cares about their race, gender, sexuality, religion or any other irrelevant parameters? The colour of their skin was not why this happened, so why bring it into the topic?

I regret to inform you that America has always been like this. This in the way that people kill other people, and this in the way that media will report on it as though it has anything to do with race, sexuality or religious preference.

If the races were reversed it would be on MSM 24/7
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom

Just to aware people of a similar situation. This makes me rage beyond belief.

Original post by lumberjack77
If the races were reverse4d it would be on MSM 24/7

So what? Since when did one 'side' being petty ever justify the other being just as petty?

Just because media outlets may try to bring race into things doesn't mean that people actually have to be so bigoted and idiotic to try and make things into a conflict of ethnicities.

Black people kill white people,
White people kill white people,
White people kill black people,
Black people kill black people.

There isn't some media conspiracy working against white people, for heaven's sake.
(edited 12 years ago)

Actually, I think race is a relevant topic in this.

Just to make it clear, I don't think there is any biological difference between black people and white people that makes either race more 'violent' or 'aggressive' - however what we do know is that violent crime is disproportionally attributed to blacks. Black people make up about 12% of the population of the US, however well over 12% of violent crime committed in the US is attributed to blacks. In fact, 39% of the US prison population is black!

I think there are certain social problems both in the US and here that cause black people to either commit more crime, or be wrongfully charged with crime. I think it's a bit of both. I think that black people are in general more criminal, and due to this reputation, black people are looked upon unfavourably by a criminal justice system that is mostly white.

Race is very relevant here, because social problems have impacted on the upbringing of these two black men and turned them into murderers. Social problems within the black community cause more black crime.
Reply 7
Original post by Friar Chris

There isn't some media conspiracy working against white people, for heaven's sake.

Reply 8
A bunch of psychopaths. Unfortunately there are people like that in society.
Reply 9
Poor things.

And Christian rock music? Really?
Reply 10

What the are you cracking on about? So the OP got the video from a YouTube channel called WhiteNewsWorld, so what? That doesn't mean that they share any views that the channel might hold. The OP didn't even mention skin colour.
So what? Since when did one 'side' being petty ever justify the other being just as petty?

Just because media outlets may try to bring race into things doesn't mean that people actually have to be so bigoted and idiotic to try and make things into a conflict of ethnicities.

The issue is that there is a massively disproportionate number of black on white murders/rapes/assaults compared to white on black crimes.

What that means is that the statistics suggest that black murderers/rapists/attackers are specifically selecting white victims.

Fair enough, none of us want race to be an issue. The problem is that the figures indicate that for the attackers, race is an issue.

That is true, but not in equal 25 percent shares each. Far, far from it.
Reply 13
Original post by tleave2000
The issue is that there is a massively disproportionate number of black on white murders/rapes/assaults compared to white on black crimes.

What that means is that the statistics suggest that black murderers/rapists/attackers are specifically selecting white victims.

Fair enough, none of us want race to be an issue. The problem is that the figures indicate that for the attackers, race is an issue.

Statistics also suggest:

Whites form the largest demographic segment

Blacks have one of the poorest sub-cultures with a heck of a lot of them coming from economically poor area's - which, statistically, points to high crime - regardless of race.

Based on that the equation falls: People from bad economic background becoming dissassociated with society - crimes reflected highest fall on the highest demographic segment. I call it liklihood not inspired crime.
Original post by DirtyPrettyThing
That is true, but not in equal 25 percent shares each. Far, far from it.

Perhaps not, but it's no reason to start blaming one particular group; black murderers are not murderers because they are black; they are individuals and criminals and their race and statistics does in no way condone blaming their race or other black people as a group.
(edited 12 years ago)
Perhaps not, but it's no reason to start blaming one particular group; black murderers are not murderers because they are black; they are individuals and criminals and their race and statistics does in no way condone blaming their race or other black people as a group.

That's very open minded of you. I really hope you're right.

How about you offer a counter argument instead of negs? Haha
Original post by ilickbatteries
How about you offer a counter argument instead of negs? Haha

I didn't neg you. But what you are saying doesn't excuse the bias in the report by WhiteNewsWorld, which sounds inherently bigoted anyway.

Sure, black people in America commit more crimes than white people. But perhaps you should consider the amount of underlying prejudice in America, perhaps black people struggle to get a decent job? Perhaps black people struggle to get into college? Perhaps because of America's immense amount of historical racism black people are coerced into crime and violence? I'm not excusing any crime done by any race. Black people get killed in America every year just because of their colour, yet media organisations like the one cited turn a blind eye towards it.

Hell, I read a report about a Sikh(!!!) being killed by a white man shortly after 9/11 in America, purely because he was wearing a turban(!). This, of course, was not reported by the mainstream media; they were too busy creating false fear and producing panic.

Thumbs up was me, btw :wink:
Reply 18
We all know that black communities commit more crime per head than any other race, but calling it socio-economic? Being poor doesnt make you more likely to rape and kill somebody for no reaon......
I didn't neg you. But what you are saying doesn't excuse the bias in the report by WhiteNewsWorld, which sounds inherently bigoted anyway.

Sure, black people in America commit more crimes than white people. But perhaps you should consider the amount of underlying prejudice in America, perhaps black people struggle to get a decent job? Perhaps black people struggle to get into college? Perhaps because of America's immense amount of historical racism black people are coerced into crime and violence? I'm not excusing any crime done by any race. Black people get killed in America every year just because of their colour, yet media organisations like the one cited turn a blind eye towards it.

Hell, I read a report about a Sikh(!!!) being killed by a white man shortly after 9/11 in America, purely because he was wearing a turban(!). This, of course, was not reported by the mainstream media; they were too busy creating false fear and producing panic.

Thumbs up was me, btw :wink:

Go on then kidda, have a thumb back :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending