The Student Room Group

DKNY Golden Delicious giveaway - what are your golden moments of Uni?

Official TSR giveaway:

University life is when we create ‘golden moments’ with our friends - those times together we will remember forever. Tell us your favourite university Golden Moment so far and go into the draw to win 1 of 10 bottles of new DKNY Golden Delicious!

Giveaway closes on Sunday 9th October. Winners will be drawn at random and contacted via private message.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was late for a lecture, and was abit hungover and was in a rush because I knew it wqas an important lecture...So i made it about 5minutes late...went to the back and sat down and started taking notes....tick tock...20minutes later....HOLD ON!!! I don't even study religious studies...who are thse people im sitting with it??!!...Waited5 minutes to plan my escape!!! Even though it was just down the stairs to the right...embarrassing times!!! And plus i was too late to make an appearance at the actual lecture!!! Funny looking back on it!
Reply 2
My first exam, oh my God!

I had passed the written exam, and I had to go on to the interview. I was petrified. So nervous that I arrived at university two hours before the start. No one there but me and one other girl, sitting on the floor, near to the door, surrounded by books and listening to music whilst studying.

It was depressing, so I started revising, to take my mind off the stress. But my mind was blank, and I couldn't remember one thing I had studied up to the night before. I started crying, silently... or maybe not so silently, I don't know, because the other girl turns her head and stares at me, probably she's thinking I'm an imbecile..great.

She stands up and walks away, to the coffee machine, and I'm thinking, this gives me the time to wipe out my tears...and when she comes back, she hands me one of the two chocolate milk she bought and says...first exam? with a smile. Priceless.
Reply 3
The first night.

Everyone unsure of one another, and then in the space of a few hours (and a few too many ciders) it's like we've known each other for years.
My university golden moment was sitting on the beach by a fire on bonfire night in first year with a load of people from my halls, all drinking and having a nice time, until some people decided to go skinny dipping, in November, in Brighton. One guy was so cold he stood too close to the fire and burnt himself, plonker.
My golden moment was my first lecture, everyone on my table was really shy and dead silent and then suddenly something embarassing happenned to the teacher and we all stared at eahother and began to scream with laughter.
Reply 6
i'm starting uni on tuesday, but my golden moment was at the interview, when i was sooo scared, like literally shaking and wanting to run away! but then this girl sat down next to me and (i know it's a cliche, but it's just so true) it was literally like we had known each other forever! we managed to calm each other down and have become really great friends and both got in! i am so excited to see her again! :biggrin:
Visiting a city for an open day and falling in love with it.
Reply 8
Just sitting in the shade ,feeling the breeze,and that moment would be forever……
Reply 9
CJ
:hello:

Was the reason for the extension of the competition simply due to a lack of entries?
Original post by cambo211

Original post by cambo211
Was the reason for the extension of the competition simply due to a lack of entries?

I'd like us to at least give away all our allocation! :p:
Reply 11
Taking 60 fellow students on tour and bringing them ALL back, with no broken bones, alcohol poisoning, or stowaways.

Fricking miracle.
Reply 12
After living at home in 1st year I hadn't really met anyone, the only people I talked to were people who I did a project with in the 1st semester. But this year, on the first day back a direct entrant into 2nd year sat next to me and I've been chatting to her a lot now. It's kinda encouraged me that it's not too difficult to talk to new people and I've made a lot more friends during the first 3 weeks of 2nd year than I did the whole of 1st year!
Reply 13
My first golden moment was a night when one of my mates got so drunk and ill so she had to be taken to hospital. It was so fun all bunching up in the car and heading to hospital. We were all sat at reception all merry and hyper while our mate was having her stomach pumped. What made it even more fun was meeting other students who had been at the union and were also now in hospital with their mates. It was a little gathering of students at the hospital and the reception staff kept telling us to shutup. It's been one of my best nights so far!

However, it highlighted the dangers of alcohol poisoning and we made sure that there was no repeat episode.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just wondering if anyone has heard yet?
Reply 15
Original post by neonoctopus
Just wondering if anyone has heard yet?

Nope. What about you?
Reply 16
Original post by Fruli
Nope. What about you?

me neither :P I wanted it sooo bad:rolleyes:
Original post by Fruli
Nope. What about you?

Noo :frown: I love DKNY as well! So sad :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by CJ
I'd like us to at least give away all our allocation! :p:

Just to save these people getting upset over nothing, have they actually been allocated yet? :h:
Reply 19
Original post by Ciccina
me neither :P I wanted it sooo bad:rolleyes:

Original post by neonoctopus
Noo :frown: I love DKNY as well! So sad :frown:

Same :frown:.

I've been looking for reduced fragrances recently as I've totally run out of perfume but they are all so expensive now.

I wonder who has won.

Latest

Trending

Trending