The Student Room Group

Peninsula dentistry. . 2011 /2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey Dental Tech, i screwed up the UKCAT yesterday so i think Peninsula will be my only choice aswell! Your lucky, i think your experience/qualifications are enough on their own to apply from what ive read..just need to make sure you write a mind blowing PS..fingers crossed for an interview!!
Reply 21
Original post by gibsoni10
Hey Dental Tech, i screwed up the UKCAT yesterday so i think Peninsula will be my only choice aswell! Your lucky, i think your experience/qualifications are enough on their own to apply from what ive read..just need to make sure you write a mind blowing PS..fingers crossed for an interview!!

aw thanks for that :smile:.... gutted to here bout ur UKCAT a friend of mine thought she'd screwed but but did quite well and got into queens belfast so stay positive x x
Reply 22
just spoke to admissions at peninsula and was told that they are processing 1100 applications :eek:
Reply 23
Original post by Dental tech
just spoke to admissions at peninsula and was told that they are processing 1100 applications :eek:

That most be med and dent applications combined. Someone else on here quoted GEP dent applications from Pensiula at around 430.
Reply 24

I was thinking of phoning them and begging! :wink:
Reply 25

250% increase in the number of application within one year while there has been 3% decrease in overall number of applications. Doesnt make sense and as others pointed out that must be the number of dental and medical applications combined.
Reply 26
I'm hoping that i have got it wrong, i did specify dentistry they must have just give me an overall figure for medicine and dentistry :colondollar:. i hope !

I'm hoping that i have got it wrong, i did specify dentistry they must have just give me an overall figure for medicine and dentistry :colondollar:. i hope !

It can't be the overall figure, as the medical school alone gets around 2100 applicants. Must be the total number of applications remaining from both schools that they have yet to process.
Reply 28
Original post by Amalgamation
It can't be the overall figure, as the medical school alone gets around 2100 applicants. Must be the total number of applications remaining from both schools that they have yet to process.

Care to elaborate please?
Original post by georky

Original post by georky
Care to elaborate please?

Sure. I meant that if they have received (hypothetically) 2500 applications overall for both schools, they may have already processed 1400 applications and are now processing the remaining 1100.
Reply 30
anyone know when interviews are likely to be sent out? getting annoyed waiting and its only november!
Reply 31
anyone know when interviews are likely to be sent out? getting annoyed waiting and its only november!

Looking at last years grad entry thread, right about now! There are posts dated 12th Nov that talk about interviews from Peninsula.

I'm guessing first lot by the end of next week.
Reply 32
:eek: peninsula interview on 14th December at 2:30pm!! Anyone else got it on the same day?
Reply 33
Original post by bds'13
:eek: peninsula interview on 14th December at 2:30pm!! Anyone else got it on the same day?

Was this by email or mail?
Reply 34
OMG im so nervous i still havent heard!! Its like torture, i keep checking the ucas website every day..i wish they would set a date that they would let people know about interviews :-S
Reply 35
Original post by bds'13

congrats how did u hear off them? whats are stats if you don't mind me asking, degree etc? x
Reply 36
congrats how did u hear off them? whats are stats if you don't mind me asking, degree etc? x

Says that he's banned. So might not be providing much in the way of answers.

Am assuming that the said interview is for real...
Reply 37
Hey guys, i rang Peninsula yesterday and they told me there has been a delay in getting the interview dates out as theres been an issue with them getting gamsat results of some applicants?! They said that they are having a meeting on thursday (tommorow - eeek!) to decide who to invite to interview, and said we would know either friday or next week. Fingers crossed everyone! :-D x
Reply 38
Original post by cptKernow
Says that he's banned. So might not be providing much in the way of answers.

Am assuming that the said interview is for real...

Hmmm, thumbs down for that?! Folks is weird round here...
Reply 39
Original post by gibsoni10
Hey guys, i rang Peninsula yesterday and they told me there has been a delay in getting the interview dates out as theres been an issue with them getting gamsat results of some applicants?! They said that they are having a meeting on thursday (tommorow - eeek!) to decide who to invite to interview, and said we would know either friday or next week. Fingers crossed everyone! :-D x

Thanks. Did they say mail or email?

Quick Reply

Latest