The Student Room Group

Jeremy Clarkson: strikers should be 'shot' - what a disgusting bastard

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by justdoit1
itsn't it funny how millionares tell us poor people not to complain?

we are the 99%.

V for vendetta.

The Mahdi is coming.

Lol no. We are all, all in the top 10% at least simply by virtue of the fact we are sitting here in well lit, warm, internet-enabled rooms in the first world.

Stop claiming to be these losers of capitalism when we have all reaped the benefits massively, at the expense of the true victims which are the 11 year olds working for 18 hours a day in terrible conditions and still not have homes, and are still dirty, and can still only just about eat.
You wouldn't (don't) give up your comforts for those victims of capitalism, so why should the rich give up their comforts for those who are just slightly more minor winners? Have some respect.
Original post by Fallen
Lol no. We are all, all in the top 10% at least simply by virtue of the fact we are sitting here in well lit, warm, internet-enabled rooms in the first world.

Stop claiming to be these losers of capitalism when we have all reaped the benefits massively, at the expense of the true victims which are the 11 year olds working for 18 hours a day in terrible conditions and still not have homes, and are still dirty, and can still only just about eat.
You wouldn't (don't) give up your comforts for those victims of capitalism, so why should the rich give up their comforts for those who are just slightly more minor winners? Have some respect.

That's a relativist argument which, with all due respect, is irrelevant and too abstract as a way of looking at this problem which requires a pragmatic view.
Reply 42
I suppose he went a bit too far this time, but clarkson will be clarkson. seems like he wants to see how much he could push.
Reply 43
jeremy clarkson = clary jerks nemo
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Vazzyb
I have always wondered who these people are!!!... and now I know...ITS YOU.

What makes people think..."omg ive just seen someone saying something on TV, I must go to my computer, write out an email and COMPLAINNNN"

This. I cannot even be bothered to explain. Refer to my sig!
Reply 45
Oh no! Lets take everything everyone says seriously!

The guys a ****, no contest, but if you know what he's like he thrives of things like this, as well as insulting the Germans/French.
I like the bloke who said don't listen if you don't like him. This type of thing is expected from Jeremy Clarkson.

I don't appreciate being told I should complain to anyone about anything. You've lost any sort of argument right there.

Not really for you to tell me who I should complain about is it? I happen to quite like the bloke.
Original post by Vazzyb
I have always wondered who these people are!!!... and now I know...ITS YOU.

What makes people think..."omg ive just seen someone saying something on TV, I must go to my computer, write out an email and COMPLAINNNN"

Ooops! I negged you by accident..when I meant to pos rep you. Forgiveness? :colondollar:
Reply 48
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Right, I tweeted this earlier:

"We live in a free country, Jeremy Clarkson can say what the hell he wants - if you don't like it, don't listen, stop complaining #OneShow"

We know from Top Gear and other programmes his views can be controversial, although he could have been a bit more tactful when referring to suicides of all things.

In three words - haters gonna hate.

Except people aren't free to opt out of the TV licence - which supports the reactionary BBC and hacks like Clarkson. If the BBC want to support Clarkson and his politics then why should everyone who wants to watch TV (other than the BBC) be forced to support them also?
Reply 49
Original post by Chillaxer
That's a relativist argument which, with all due respect, is irrelevant and too abstract as a way of looking at this problem which requires a pragmatic view.

But you still haven't answered the question.
How can you justify taking from the richer for yourselves, when you would fight bitterly to stop the poor taking from you?
I don't support the strikes, but the most work Jeremy Clarkson has done in his life is fire off unfunny, misogynistic, right-wing articles for a variety of magazines and newspapers, and drive supercars around foreign countries with taxpayer's (licence fee) money whilst being filmed from ridiculous angles to blockbuster scores.

Used to be a time when broadcasters, especially in the BBC, had some self-respect and didn't go around slagging everybody off.
(edited 12 years ago)
Pfft it's Jeremy Clarkson, did you expect him to be PC and subtle?

After all this is the man that said about the car company Hyundai:

"They are too busy eating dogs to make good cars."

Or something like that.

Anyway maybe he was just playing to the camera's and crowds, I don't think this warrants a gross over reaction like there no doubt will be.
By the way, look at this article in the Metro:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/883474-fury-as-jeremy-clarkson-calls-for-public-sector-workers-to-be-executed

Piers Morgan tweeted: 'Clarkson can abuse - and hit (weakly..) - me all he likes. But what he said about the strikers just proves he's a nasty little twerp.'

:lol: Funny as hell coming from Piers Morgan who's an gigantic ass, more so perhaps than Clarkson.
Original post by ThePropheticNomad
Has he worked a full day in his life to put food on the table, whilst battling fears of unemployment, falling wages/inflation and getting screwed over re. pensions?

Whilst I personally think Clarkson is overrated and overpaid, I get more offended by people who think public sector are the only people who have ever worked a full day under those conditions?!

There are plenty of us normal people in the private sector who have been living like this since the credit crunch with no unions fighting our corner, media coverage or government protection. Some dont have any pensions at all.

Personally I am sick of the public sector's self serving attitude, there are a lot of people suffering at the moment.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
I don't support the strikes, but the most work Jeremy Clarkson has done in his life is fire off unfunny, misogynistic, right-wing articles for a variety of magazines and newspapers, and drive supercars around foreign countries with taxpayer's (licence fee) money whilst being filmed from ridiculous angles to blockbuster scores.

Well he was a journalist before getting on tv.

Used to be a time when broadcasters, especially in the BBC, had some self-respect and didn't go around slagging everybody off.

There might have been but sadly those days are long gone.

brilliant.
Reply 56
Original post by miss_martha_jane
I like the bloke who said don't listen if you don't like him. This type of thing is expected from Jeremy Clarkson.

I don't appreciate being told I should complain to anyone about anything. You've lost any sort of argument right there.

Not really for you to tell me who I should complain about is it? I happen to quite like the bloke.

But anyone who wants to watch TV has to pay for the TV licence which supports the BBC and likes of Clarkson, even if they don't want to watch the BBC. How is that right?
Reply 57
Original post by ThePropheticNomad
He said he would have all public sector strikers "shot" and "would take them outside and execute them in front of them families...

Okay maybe he is being a bit edgy and 'funny' as he usually is but this is beyond a 'joke' and has took it too far. Has he worked a full day in his life to put food on the table, whilst battling fears of unemployment, falling wages/inflation and getting screwed over re. pensions?

To quote Hundal, this isn’t really a joke because he repeats with quite a serious face the lie that they have ‘gold plated pensions’. There was nothing funny in it.

FYI: He gets paid £1,000,000+ from the license payer. I, for one, have complained to the BBC and so should you

"While the rest of us have to work for a living" what does he think they do all day?
And yeah I know it was a joke and everyone knows what his views are, which he's entitled to have, but I think it was phrased maybe a bit too strongly...
Reply 58
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Right, I tweeted this earlier:

"We live in a free country, Jeremy Clarkson can say what the hell he wants - if you don't like it, don't listen, stop complaining #OneShow"

We know from Top Gear and other programmes his views can be controversial, although he could have been a bit more tactful when referring to suicides of all things.

In three words - haters gonna hate.

What a contradiction. He has the right to voice his opinion, and other people have the right to attack it
Reply 59
Clarkson is actually a tosser, he gives idiots a voice that makes them more confident to go around repeating the idiocity.

I'm not knocking top gear, decent show.

But for someone who is on millions from the BBC to walk around screeching about people who are under threat of losing modest pension deals is sickening. I'm sure he pretends it's just humour but there is a dark agenda of resentment around that man.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending