The Student Room Group

TSR Best Dressed Christmas Tree Competition - winners announced!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
This is our Uni christmas tree that we've put up. This year it nearly killed me because I ended up electrocuting myself trying to fix the lights! :frown:

In the light:

Spoiler

In the dark:

Spoiler

The photo quality isn't so good, I apologise :redface:
And I shall put a picture up of my family christmas tree once it's actually been put up! :tree:
Reply 141
Original post by winning11
this is my REAL (a lot of extra effort required!) normand fir tree of 2011
i took an up close of my favourite decorations this year (owls teehee)
apologies for poor picture quality!

Those owl baubles are amazing!!
I want them :colone:

Your tree is also so lovely. We usually have a real tree but my parents said theres a shortage of them this year and the price of them has gone up so they've bought an artificial one this year.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
FINALLY have a picture of our tree!
The home made snowman you can see is one I made when I was 2 in toddler group, n'awwww!

Spoiler

That's an awesome tree! :gah: Awww some of those decorations are really cute. Especially the homemade snowman :cute:, penguin and the santa with the huuuge beard :beard:

Original post by Jaydiee
This is our Uni christmas tree that we've put up. This year it nearly killed me because I ended up electrocuting myself trying to fix the lights! :frown:

In the light:

Spoiler

In the dark:

Spoiler

The photo quality isn't so good, I apologise :redface:
And I shall put a picture up of my family christmas tree once it's actually been put up! :tree:

:console: Although that is an awesome tree, looks very pretty! worth the electrocution? :mmm:
Reply 143
Original post by Sazzy890

:console: Although that is an awesome tree, looks very pretty! worth the electrocution? :mmm:

I suppose it was. I felt very christmassy afterwards (even though we put it up in November because Uni finished 9th Dec) and had to watch christmas films that night! :colondollar:
Reply 144
I put up my little tree in my bedroom, went off to watch some tv and came back upstairs to find the tree knocked over and a very guilty-looking cat next to it :nooo:
Original post by Jaydiee
Those owl baubles are amazing!!
I want them :colone:

Your tree is also so lovely. We usually have a real tree but my parents said theres a shortage of them this year and the price of them has gone up so they've bought an artificial one this year.

thanks for the appreciation, hit up matalan, that's where i unexpectedly found em :biggrin:
Reply 146
So, as promised yesterday, here's our tree and a few photos of the better Christmas decorations on the tree. The tree isn't actually that big as we have quite low ceilings in our house, and because our house isn't actually that big/there's not much room in our living room. The three baubles i've put up are new for this year. My parents went to New York in November around Thanksgiving and brought back some from Macy's - There was another one, but it's a star that's almost like a mirror, so the photo was just showing my reflection as I took it :redface:

The Santa and Snowman baubles are in the shape of American Lightbulbs, if that wasn't obvious from the photos!;

I think the Thanksgiving decoration is my favourite! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Schmucks

It's really nice. Dunno if it actually is the lightbulbs but it does look a bit American. :biggrin:
Reply 148
Original post by superturtle
Heres ours!

I love Christmas! :biggrin:

Woahh. This tree is awesome!
Gave in and bought a new set of lights and draped them on the tree. Find out they have 8 different settings for types of flashing and strobing, which seems a mighty fine bargain for £9.99 - 30% from Sainsbury's, if a little excessive for most people's needs. I thought they were just plain white lights.
Original post by winning11
this is my REAL (a lot of extra effort required!) normand fir tree of 2011
i took an up close of my favourite decorations this year (owls teehee)
apologies for poor picture quality!

So these owls are from Matalan, are they? I'm very tempted.
Reply 151
This is our tree..
It's a bit skinny!! But I did my best with what we had :smile:
I'll upload a dark picture later because I've not got one yet.
Reply 152
I shall upload pics of my family Christmas tree within the next few days as we intend on putting it up tonight as its my birthday :woo:
Original post by Ruthie!
This is our tree..

Awwww :cute: So cute!
Reply 154
Original post by Ruthie!
This is our tree..

I really like this tree! :smile:
Doing ours this weekend - prepare to be spectacled TSR!!!
Reply 156
Original post by Sazzy890
Awwww :cute: So cute!

Original post by Schmucks
I really like this tree! :smile:

Cheers :smile:
The bears (and other animals) underneath are my little sisters "Christmas Choir" as about 4 of them sing! She takes great delight in setting them all off at once!
Original post by TheRandomer
Doing ours this weekend - prepare to be spectacled TSR!!!

But my eyesight is just fine :frown:
Reply 158
I wanted a Christmas tree and my boyfriend didn't, so we compromised and this is what we ended up with

Spoiler

Reply 159
Original post by Hannah_S
I wanted a Christmas tree and my boyfriend didn't, so we compromised and this is what we ended up with

Spoiler

Creative

Have a word with Scrooge, ITS CHRISTMAS!

Quick Reply

Latest