The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE CHEMISTRY UNIT 2 HIGHER CHY2H January 2012 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Am i imagining things or wern't there two half equation questions?
Reply 101
what does everyone think the grade boundaries be for an A?
I swear I've seen one that gives you full marks.

Hey ho, i'm not complaining I used the textbook method. I was praying empirical formula came up on the exam, my maths skills are impeccable.
Original post by outsider95
you arent the only one who missed out 3a, loads of people did, i just thought it was part of a diagram and completely diregarded it, but atleast its only 2 marks :smile:

Well thank god for that! I also thought it was part of the diagram... 2 whole marks... that's quite a lot..

oh well.
Just wanted to ask... for question 3b, I wrote both filter and evaporation and crystallisation.

All in a bit of a vague way.. do i get the mark? Because I've found that in previous mark schemes they say IGNORE filtration/crystallisation but they do not say that it NEGATES a mark.

So do i lose the mark for saying both? I doubt it but I just wanted to make sure :P
The June grade boundaries always seem to be over 5 marks easier. Thats a pisstake.
Original post by PoorLoser
Just wanted to ask... for question 3b, I wrote both filter and evaporation and crystallisation.

All in a bit of a vague way.. do i get the mark? Because I've found that in previous mark schemes they say IGNORE filtration/crystallisation but they do not say that it NEGATES a mark.

So do i lose the mark for saying both? I doubt it but I just wanted to make sure :P

you wont get a mark for saying all 3, the exam will allow both evapouration and filtration, but it wont say ignore crystallisation, so because you wrote that i think the mark will get negated
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by outsider95
you wont get a mark for saying all 3, the exam will allow both evapouration and filtration, but it wont say ignore crystallisation, so because you wrote that i think the mark will get negated

But it says IGNORE in the mark schemes. It doesn't say that a mark is taken off if more than 1 is said.

So technically I would get a mark, no?
Original post by PoorLoser
But it says IGNORE in the mark schemes. It doesn't say that a mark is taken off if more than 1 is said.

So technically I would get a mark, no?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp-ms/AQA-CHY2H-W-MS-JUN08.PDF

5bii, the answer is filter, itll accept filter and evapouration, but it doesnt say that you should ignore crystallisation, so youd lose the mark
Original post by StateSchooler95
A/B.

I reckon A* boundary will be extremely high. This was very similar to a past paper that i have done.

And the grade boundaries on that for an A* was 38.

I guarantee that the grade A* will be 34. The 100% will be 38. Trust me, I am 100% sure (+/-1 mark).

I have predicted all the 1a and 1b grade boundaries for last year, and will get it right again.

Official Grade boundary predictions:

19 C
24 B
29 A
34 A*
38 100% UMS

Remember in March, when the results and boundaries are available, to thank me.
Original post by Georgehigginson
I guarantee that the grade A* will be 34. The 100% will be 38. Trust me, I am 100% sure (+/-1 mark).

I have predicted all the 1a and 1b grade boundaries for last year, and will get it right again.

19 C
24 B
29 A
34 A*
38 100% UMS

It says in the bible. God has told me through the bible.

Your sincerely,
Harold Camping

19 C
24 B
29 A
34 A*
38 100% UMS

youll like like a right **** if you get them wrong lol

19 C
24 B
29 A
34 A*
38 100% UMS

how did you work that out?
It says in the bible. God has told me through the bible.

Your sincerely,
Harold Camping

Hoping your right.
Original post by StateSchooler95
Hoping your right.

I would also love that to be the case, although I think 36 will be an A*
Original post by zoologist7
I would also love that to be the case, although I think 36 will be an A*

Challenge accepted!
Original post by Basit2010
how did you work that out?

I didn't work it out.

You cannot "work out" grade boundaries.

I just seem to be able to predict these things. I predicted C1B, B1B and P1B exactly for November exams, and I am more confident of these!
Challenge accepted!

Oh dear!
I am just hoping AQA are not evil by pushing the A* Boundary up to 38 again!
(edited 12 years ago)
Challenge accepted!

Did you do the c3 paper? xD do you think you could predict grade boundaries on that? LOL
Original post by zoologist7
Oh dear!

He's wrong. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending