The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I blame Sarah Waters entirely for the last hour I've spent looking at Victorian nightwear.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 421
Original post by dbmag9

Also: get with him; it's a box not many people get to tick off. :p:

Ha! I'll consider it :tongue:

Original post by Terpsikhore
In sixth form I became friends with a guy who it turned out had had a bit of a fling with a bloke he'd met at Chicago's - who happened to be my Biology teacher. The guy I knew showed me some of the text messages he'd received from said teacher, calling him a 'saucy little cocktease :wink:' and letting him know 'we don't have to tap that, we can just talk and cuddle and stuff :smile:'. Facing my teacher on Monday morning and keeping a straight face suddenly became a whole lot harder. There are some people you just don't need to see that side to.

Oh my that is amazing. I could definitely not handle that.
Original post by Nynyflower
I blame Sarah Walters entirely for the last hour I've spent looking at Victorian nightwear.

Waters*

Not that I've read any of her work because I'm a manly man and whatnot.
Original post by Jace Falco
Waters*

Not that I've read any of her work because I'm a manly man and whatnot.

Duly edited Mr. Spelling and Grammar Grandad. Tbf her books are terribly trashy but annoyingly enjoyable. And the TV adaptions are rather good too.
Reply 424
Original post by goodcookies
It wasn't my choice, believe me. My whole family are atheists except them so I didn't have an excuse not to. But it was important to them, so whatever makes them happy. :tongue:

Fair enough.

Original post by L.O.V.E.
Oh my that is amazing. I could definitely not handle that.

I turned up on my first day of sixth form to discover that my new history teacher was the same guy that I'd been hooking up with all summer. That was fun.
Reply 425
Original post by mmmpie
I turned up on my first day of sixth form to discover that my new history teacher was the same guy that I'd been hooking up with all summer. That was fun.

Oh, Tom, that's so you. :p:
Reply 426
Original post by dbmag9

That was ten years ago. I haven't really changed much.
Reply 427
Original post by dbmag9

Coming from you?! :tongue:
Reply 428
Original post by mmmpie
Fair enough.

God Pie, you sound like Aria, this chick from a really cheesy show called Pretty Little Liars. Would've loved to see his face when he saw you.
Reply 429
Original post by Crisps
Coming from you?! :tongue:

Nothing related has ever happened to me. What you gettin' at? :confused:
Someone I knew at uni is now apparently engaged to her lecturer (they became a couple while she was a student, she's since graduated and now they're living together etc).

Original post by dbmag9
Hah! Did you let him know you knew? The philosophy professor at my college apparently used to go gay clubbing not infrequently, but he's gone off to UCLA now.

I did not. Seemed no point in both of us feeling totally awkward! Ignorance is bliss...
I'm not even sure how you'd broach that topic. "So, sir, your summer fling was showing a group of his mates your sexts..." :lol:
Reply 431
Original post by mmmpie

OMG I WOULD DIE. :eek:
Reply 432
Original post by Terpsikhore
Someone I knew at uni is now apparently engaged to her lecturer (they became a couple while she was a student, she's since graduated and now they're living together etc).

I find it typical that the only lecturer that I find even remotely attractive is also the only one that I'm not allowed to sleep with.

I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe and then walked out of the room. Since I dropped out of sixth form about three days later it wasn't a big problem.
Reply 433
Original post by dbmag9
Nothing related has ever happened to me. What you gettin' at? :confused:

I'm getting at your insatiable ability to sleep with many people. Which isn't a bad thing. :tongue:

Forthe record, none of my teachers/tutors were hot.
:moon:
Original post by mmmpie

Don't know what to say to that.
Original post by mmmpie
I find it typical that the only lecturer that I find even remotely attractive is also the only one that I'm not allowed to sleep with.

Not allowed? There are rules in place?
"You may sleep with your academic tutor, faculty dean or faculty vice-dean, but NOT the admissions head or your dissertation supervisor. Subsection (a): while conducting intercourse or other sexual activity with an allowed faculty partner, no nipple clamps or birdcages are to be used and a suitable safe word must be in force at all times."

Actually, I never bothered reading my college or faculty rulebooks, so there may well be a clause like that in one of them.
Reply 437
Ok, so the rare occasions that I go to a gay bar I always see my biology teacher from school there. I used to always get hassled by some of the other lads in that class and he used to always turn a blind eye to the gay bashing. I always thought he was gay as well which is why I didn't understand why he didn't say something.

He's also really fit :colondollar: I saw him pashing some guy on the dance floor and it really freaked me out though, there's something weird about seeing your teacher doing tequila shots, getting with guys etc.

I sometimes go out for drinks with my old teachers from school - I used to ask my old History teacher for help in first year as I'm doing History & English Lit at uni... it took him a while to confess he got a 2:2 so he probably wasn't any help at all... and that the only reason he was helping me was because he missed going out and getting trashed with students.... I was ever so slightly weirded out, but he's a pretty good mate now so I don't mind.

Original post by dbmag9
Hah, I can imagine that being really weird. :p: I had a few gay teachers at school, but haven't seen any of them in such situations. :awesome:

Also: get with him; it's a box not many people get to tick off. :p:

All the gay teachers at my school were lesbians, and not of the attractive sort. I wish there were some hot gay teachers at my school... it might have made my existence that little bit more interesting... but then again, I was a bit of a freak at school and only developed a personality and sense of fashion when I came to uni... So I doubt anything would ever have happened. :-(

Ha! I'll consider it :tongue:

You definitely should consider it! That would be well hot!

So would I... Though thinking about it now, it sounds hilarious... Though I can't say i'd find it funny if I was in that position haha.

Original post by mmmpie

You're allowed to sleep with your lecturers? Jealous... Though, that said, there are no good looking lecturers at Newcastle. :frown:

Have to say this was the most interesting conversation I've read all easter... I hate being at home and having to behave. :frown:
Nothing particularly exciting in terms of teacher romance has ever really happened to me. Although one of the post-docs I work with told off one of the MSc students for flirting with me, telling him "He's staff, you'll get a reputation"

Cock block, unimpressed :colonhash:
Reply 439
Helloooooo. I am back from drinkings for my friend's birthday. We lost many people along the way, one was projectile vomiting mere moments after leaving the taxi on the way there, and so was promptly sent back, and another drunkenly slipped and smashed her head open on a wall :erm: Fun times.

I'm not drunk. I'm not sure if I've ever been drunk.

I saw so many beautiful people tonight. I felt so... inadequate :emo:

HOTEL CHOCOLAT EASTER EGGS ARE HALF PRICE. I WANT TO BUY THEM ALL.

Latest