The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Original post by minniiee
i browsed the ice cream section of carrefour for hagen dazs yesterday :frown: so disappointing

Carrefour is still amazing though. The ones I've been to in Turkey are mega-sized!!

Original post by duygu-uc
Hi again,
I know there is a huge community of Turks in London. I was there almost 1 month ago and I was always hearing Turkish from somewhere :smile: However, I am looking for Turkish students that will go there from here in September . All the issues like uni applications, accommodation, scholarship opportunities make me nervous and it would be better if I can ask my questions and get some advice. You know, talking in native language is always easier :smile:

I think there is only 1 regular Turkish/Turkish speaking London student on this forum..her username is "Hollywoodbudgie" - she may be able to assist you in university-related question. Otherwise, I can also speak the language and would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding London in general, feel free to send me a PM (private message) if you have any questions.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Akkuz
Carrefour is still amazing though. The ones I've been to in Turkey are mega-sized!!

I think there is only 1 regular Turkish/Turkish speaking London student on this forum..her username is "Hollywoodbudge" - she may be able to assist you in university-related question. Otherwise, I can also speak the language and would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding London in general, feel free to send me a PM (private message) if you have any questions.

you spelt hollywoodbudgie wrong :P

ahah the ones near me are all like tesco express sized :frown:
tescos is better :P
Reply 1862
you spelt hollywoodbudgie wrong :P

ahah the ones near me are all like tesco express sized :frown:
tescos is better :P

oops, thanks for point that out! :colondollar:

I never shop in Tesco's, there are none near me.

Waking up every morning to revision is mighty depressing. Gahhh! :huff: Not to mention the weather is literally ridiculous now. Ruddy awful!
Original post by Akkuz
oops, thanks for point that out! :colondollar:

I never shop in Tesco's, there are none near me.

Waking up every morning to revision is mighty depressing. Gahhh! :huff: Not to mention the weather is literally ridiculous now. Ruddy awful!

oh
at uni there is only tescos close by
and at home im equi distant between tescos and waitrose so it depends which parent im shopping for...

oh dear :frown:
im going to mallorca tomorrow...
not that im trying to rub it in or anything :wink:
Reply 1864
oh
at uni there is only tescos close by
and at home im equi distant between tescos and waitrose so it depends which parent im shopping for...

oh dear :frown:
im going to mallorca tomorrow...
not that im trying to rub it in or anything :wink:

Waitrose :pierre:

You travel too much :tongue: Send me some sunshine over from Mallorca please. Well I'm gona be doing solid work everyday for another 28 days. Hope that doesn't make you jel! :sad: The fact that undegrad is over in less than a month is making this revision just about bearable..:excited:
Original post by Akkuz
Waitrose :pierre:

You travel too much :tongue: Send me some sunshine over from Mallorca please. Well I'm gona be doing solid work everyday for another 28 days. Hope that doesn't make you jel! :sad: The fact that undegrad is over in less than a month is making this revision just about bearable..:excited:

hahah well where do you shop then?

hahah its my job
il be working...
and enjoying the sun sea and sand :P
is it scary?
i think its really weird that none of my friends will be students after next year!!
Reply 1866
hahah well where do you shop then?

hahah its my job
il be working...
and enjoying the sun sea and sand :P
is it scary?
i think its really weird that none of my friends will be students after next year!!

Sainsbury's, as it's closest to me. It's semi-posh :hat2:

Working next to sun, sea and sand is better than working under grey clouds and endless rain :borat:

It's more depressing than scary although I am very much ****ting myself, if I don't get the grades for Cambridge then I will self-combust and my life will be over :indiff:

If I didn't have that pressure on my shoulders, I'd say it isn't really scary just tiresome, boring and depressing at times. Nothing to worry about.
Original post by Akkuz
Sainsbury's, as it's closest to me. It's semi-posh :hat2:

Working next to sun, sea and sand is better than working under grey clouds and endless rain :borat:

It's more depressing than scary although I am very much ****ting myself, if I don't get the grades for Cambridge then I will self-combust and my life will be over :indiff:

If I didn't have that pressure on my shoulders, I'd say it isn't really scary just tiresome, boring and depressing at times. Nothing to worry about.

wait are you studying for alevels or degree?
confused

cambridge is close to where i live yaaaaaaaaay

it is also rainy atm hahha

good luck :smile:
Reply 1868
wait are you studying for alevels or degree?
confused

cambridge is close to where i live yaaaaaaaaay

it is also rainy atm hahha

good luck :smile:

Final year of degree! Got an offer for masters.

Oh really? North-ish Essex then? I've heard Cambridge is a nice place, but I've never been personally.

Must be raining over a lot of Europe then!

Thanks! Hope I'll scrape through. Trying to get a 1st at uni is an absolute bitch. :colonhash: I have massive respect for anyone who's ever managed it.
Original post by Akkuz
Final year of degree! Got an offer for masters.

Oh really? North-ish Essex then? I've heard Cambridge is a nice place, but I've never been personally.

Must be raining over a lot of Europe then!

Thanks! Hope I'll scrape through. Trying to get a 1st at uni is an absolute bitch. :colonhash: I have massive respect for anyone who's ever managed it.

good guess :smile:
it's nice town
pretty
and good for shopping
and a decent sized turkish community too
my mum is friends with a linguistics lecturer at the uni to
what are you gonna do for your masters?
Reply 1870
good guess :smile:
it's nice town
pretty
and good for shopping
and a decent sized turkish community too
my mum is friends with a linguistics lecturer at the uni to
what are you gonna do for your masters?

Are you talking about Cambridge or where you live? I can't imagine there being much of a Turkish community in Cambridge.

Certainly not linguistics (never liked English)..a weird concoction of economics, law and environment :holmes:
Original post by Akkuz
Are you talking about Cambridge or where you live? I can't imagine there being much of a Turkish community in Cambridge.

Certainly not linguistics (never liked English)..a weird concoction of economics, law and environment :holmes:

i was talking about cambridge
i live in a tiny wee village with not a lot other than pubs ... which i guess is a claim to fame cos that new prada model that they found in waterstones used to work in the chippy...
its not huge
but there are the odd few running around
ahah fair doos
sounds interestign to say the least :P
Reply 1872
i was talking about cambridge
i live in a tiny wee village with not a lot other than pubs ... which i guess is a claim to fame cos that new prada model that they found in waterstones used to work in the chippy...
its not huge
but there are the odd few running around
ahah fair doos
sounds interestign to say the least :P

Really? That's surprising :beard: Would be cool to meet fellow people there, no idea how I'd go about it though. Don't think there's a society for it.

From chippy to prada model? Not bad lol.

Well, I find it interesting :tongue:
Original post by Akkuz
Really? That's surprising :beard: Would be cool to meet fellow people there, no idea how I'd go about it though. Don't think there's a society for it.

From chippy to prada model? Not bad lol.

Well, I find it interesting :tongue:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-lifestyles/britain-newest-high-fashion-model-scouted-waterstone-212823355-42.html
he was a few years younger than me at school and was quite popular although when i found out i was like huuuuuuuuh? i dont get it.... lol but good for him

to be fair im sur eit is... but the combination confuses me a little :P
Reply 1874
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-lifestyles/britain-newest-high-fashion-model-scouted-waterstone-212823355-42.html
he was a few years younger than me at school and was quite popular although when i found out i was like huuuuuuuuh? i dont get it.... lol but good for him

to be fair im sur eit is... but the combination confuses me a little :P

Wow haha. What a story! Bet he has loads of female models crawling over him now :hubba:

Yeah it confuses me too! Economics, finance, law and environment rolled into on course is certainly very diverse :tongue: At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you study, employers will expect you to apply your knowledge, tools and skills in the workplace.
Original post by Akkuz
Wow haha. What a story! Bet he has loads of female models crawling over him now :hubba:

Yeah it confuses me too! Economics, finance, law and environment rolled into on course is certainly very diverse :tongue: At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you study, employers will expect you to apply your knowledge, tools and skills in the workplace.

id guess so...
who knows!

haha true

on other news the add at the bottom of the page says:
"miss Kenya? 5.9c/min to call your friends and family?"

ive never been to kenya...
Reply 1876
id guess so...
who knows!

haha true

on other news the add at the bottom of the page says: