The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9300
Original post by Drumbeat
has anyone seen the article and picture in the mail today, its shows us 51s I am not happy whoever took that

That sucks!
Reply 9301
Original post by commonliner
Image attached.
earphones.jpg

Thanks Commonliner - here's what we were given, inherited from my Nana's hearing aid I reckon.

photo.jpg
Reply 9302
Original post by Kidkstar
Thanks for that, the photo looks like it was taken outside of the compound judging by the blurred sign, so not necessarily by a cast member, and whilst some of the info is correct in the article, some of it isn't .

Quite so, photographers in houses over the road were mentioned this weekend, part of the reason why there's not much our segment can do until we're in the stadium since the props are a give-away.
Thanks for that, the photo looks like it was taken outside of the compound judging by the blurred sign, so not necessarily by a cast member, and whilst some of the info is correct in the article, some of it isn't .

:eek: I was under the impression that in order to prevent "onlookers" that the location would have high screens so as to prevent photos, such as this appearing in the press! I sincerely hope that when the dress rehearsals start that they consider shielding vantage points otherwise - it would no longer be "a surprise" which would be a terrible shame.:frown:
Original post by Concord
Quite so, photographers in houses over the road were mentioned this weekend, part of the reason why there's not much our segment can do until we're in the stadium since the props are a give-away.

Maybe all of the area should be covered.

The article pretty much gave everything away in terms of location. They may as well have printed the whole address :mad: They'll probably start organising coach parties next :mad::mad:
Reply 9305
Original post by Concord

I was looking at those houses on Saturday thinking that the press would be camped up there in someone's back bedroom!
Reply 9306
I was looking at those houses on Saturday thinking that the press would be camped up there in someone's back bedroom!

:angry:......thats me in the front row!
Reply 9307
All this negativity in the press is awful :unimpressed: I can't wait to show them how wrong they all were when the opening ceremony is incredible :aetsch:

One thing we perhaps should be aware of now though (not necessarily relating to this article) is that some things the press write from now on could be wild speculation and we don't want to accidentally confirm something that they had only guessed on.

The media spoiling the surprises is unfair on everyone from those involved to the people who will watch it ceremonies around the world.
(edited 11 years ago)
Takes "Gutter press" to new heights :mad:
Reply 9309
has anyone seen the article and picture in the mail today, its shows us 51s I am not happy whoever took that

This may explain the 'operational' cancellation of the rehearsal on the 16th. Maybe they're bolting the stable door?
Original post by RocKeRG
This may explain the 'operational' cancellation of the rehearsal on the 16th. Maybe they're bolting the stable door?

It could well be but I sincerely hope that something gets done to prevent any future "leaks" appearing in the gutter press. Maybe they should consider having all of the rehearsals "under cover" (yes I know that it would require quite a lot of outdoor space being covered) but I feel that this is the only way to prevent photographers from nearby houses, as well as overheard helicopters, taking photos and spoiling it for everyone :frown:

Oh no!

So Mail readers have now seen our rehearsal devices plus they know that we are re-staging the Thriller video. As disappointing as it is, it's not giving away anything of significance.

Still, I hope the Mail goes bust and takes all the other rubbish newspapers with it. :wink:

Typical Daily Mail speculative rubbish. Guess it was inevitable though and it's probably the first of many.
Reply 9313
people were caught taking photos at our rehearsal earlier... obviously the staff weren't exactly delighted.

On a side note, hope us closing ceremony people get to go to the dress rehearsal of the opening ceremony!
They've rewritten it overnight to include the 'news' on WW1/2 and it's more prominent so is actually getting comments this time.

Hmmm - i'm guessing they don't have (won't get) planning permission to make the fences higher or put up any other tents. Betcha Beijing didn't have this problem! :tongue:

46 days to go
work.7081059.2.flat,550x550,075,f.number-46.jpg
Hello All

Great to have a good read and catch up on here. Sounds like rehearsals are going very well, if not a little wet and windy! Do we still have people waiting to hear? Hope not :wink:

Just reading through I'm slightly worried at some date changes you've all had. I've now booked all my accommodation and train tickets and really pleased that I've managed to afford it (at £11-£25 a night!) but I am unable to do two rehearsals. One I would miss my daughters annual dance show and I just couldn't not go to that and the other is my sons annual swimming championships, again couldn't miss it. But having read the terms I can miss two maximum, so I was happy with how it had worked.

So now I'm all organised and starting to get nervous and excited but equally slightly worried now that they'll change dates around. If they do I just can't afford to change what I've booked :frown:
I know they can change as it was only an initial schedule given but with para's I had to book train etc quick as prices during Olympic were soaring so couldn't afford to wait and see if anything changes.

Anyway, in my very own rambling fashion, I suppose I'm asking those already rehearsing, how many dates/times have changed so far?
Hope you're all enjoying it lots....you'll be amazing! :smile: X
Original post by Jimbo23
people were caught taking photos at our rehearsal earlier... obviously the staff weren't exactly delighted.

On a side note, hope us closing ceremony people get to go to the dress rehearsal of the opening ceremony!

I saw a woman taken photos on a phone on saturday afternoon session, she had no bib on, i gave here a paddington bear stare, but i guess i should of said something to her.

i will if i see it again. it was during the first break saturday pm, sure shes caught on camera herself :smile:
Reply 9317
Original post by Redthunder
Anyway, in my very own rambling fashion, I suppose I'm asking those already rehearsing, how many dates/times have changed so far?
Hope you're all enjoying it lots....you'll be amazing! :smile: X

Tricky huh - it all seems a bit unpredictable. My segment has had three rehearsals cancelled and one stadium evening rehearsal moved by a couple of days. The ones you can be most confident about are the all-day rehearsals at the stadium. Beyond that it's a risk.

As a Londoner, I'm again amazed and inspired by the distances and costs people have committed to travelling to be part of the Ceremonies. My hat off to you!

ah well its obviously 100% accurate :smile:
Looks like someone took the picture over the fence, as you can see the fence in the lower portions.

anyone that buys/reads the daily mail deserves the diet of rubbish (edited for this site) they are feeding their brains.
Original post by Concord
Tricky huh - it all seems a bit unpredictable. My segment has had three rehearsals cancelled and one stadium evening rehearsal moved by a couple of days. The ones you can be most confident about are the all-day rehearsals at the stadium. Beyond that it's a risk.

As a Londoner, I'm again amazed and inspired by the distances and costs people have committed to travelling to be part of the Ceremonies. My hat off to you!

Ah thank you Concord. Well I suppose I just need to sit back now and enjoy the build up and take whatever comes my way. Hopefully there won't be too much changing.

Yes travelling so far is a bit tricky and on a VERY tight budget has taken all my energy and determination over the last couple of weeks to keep searching for places to stay etc. Feel relieved now that its all done but way back, can't deny there haven't been times when I've thought....'oh is this worth the money and effort?'......and of course my answer has been...'hell yeah!' :smile::smile::smile:

Latest