The Student Room Group
Original post by Mum of Students
I think we'll all be needing therapy after the Olympics - talk about crashing back down to Earth with a bang! Actually therapy may be on the cards for me now - I've just tried on my London Ambassadors uniform ..... :eek: ..... :elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

Oh it's not that bad - save for the baseball cap maybe ! <tee hee>
Original post by Bignic12
hey! It aint over till the fat lady sings,,,and I am not singing yet!!!!!!!

Me neither (& I am fatter than you BicNic so there!)
Original post by Dancerwoman
:biggrin: Very crafty....however, I've got a horrid feeling that it will only be a matter of time before either (a) residents start to complain about lack of parking spaces and / or (b) Casting catch on that that is what people are doing. Having said that, if I don't manage to get 2 others to share my car, then I may have to consider that as an option at the following rehearsal.

I you can get away with that why not "carpool" from there too (save leaving quite so many cars parked up in residential streets too thus negating ire from the locals overspilling into a complaint maybe?).
Original post by Terpsikhore
Hi guys! I've been lurking for a while and seen a couple of people here mentioning offers from the Rio Handover team so I thought I'd say hello. I got my offer of a place in the bateria earlier today. :smile: Not sure if it's Olympic or Paralympic yet, they didn't say in the voicemail, so I might give them a call tomorrow to ask.

I auditioned with a group of 10 friends and we've all been offered places, which is especially lovely!

Fingers crossed for anyone who's still waiting to hear. :smile:

Well done on getting your offer !
Original post by Drumbeat
on Sunday I saw a guy in a car actually drive into the bus pick up point and showed his badge to the people waiting in line and picked up 3 more passengers and then went off to the 1:1

Using his initiative I'd call that one folks !
Original post by courieuse
Hi there,
I have been lurking in the background since my November acting audition, then got a a reserve email like so many others.... was soooo disappointed, have abandoned this forum and almost forgot about it

until: TADAAAAAAA!!!!!

I now got a cast offer!! Hurray! I can hardly contain my excitement and am looking forward to be part of the rehearsals and the show, and meet some of you on Saturday
:-)))
I am in the same segment as Mum of Student
:-))))
I cannot wait to get to know details!!!!
courieuse

Wow! Congrats!!!
Hi there,
I have been lurking in the background since my November acting audition, then got a a reserve email like so many others.... was soooo disappointed, have abandoned this forum and almost forgot about it

I now got a cast offer!! Hurray! I can hardly contain my excitement and am looking forward to be part of the rehearsals and the show, and meet some of you on Saturday
courieuse

Congratulations on your offer too!
Reply 9947
Hi there,

courieuse

OMG Woohoo how wonderful, amazing news, see it pays to keep the faith!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Reply 9948
Original post by Mum of Students
Thought the lady in the Standard article summed it up well when she said it's as if every weekend is your Birthday and you have a party to go to.

Hah! 27 July is my birthday, so I know I've got a great party that I'm going to... :biggrin:
Thank you for your welcomes!!
Kit-Yan, as I am lagging quite behind, any help during the rehearsals will be much appreciated!
Maybe no one dropped out of the group, the lady on the phone said that they were in need of a couple of more people for this segment. Which I originally also interpreted as someone dropped it, but it doesn't have to be.
OMG, I am so happy!
Hi there,

courieuse

Very well done! Welcome to group 44! It is lovely that you already have two TSRites to help you out in your specific group! You must be thrilled after all this time!:congrats::congrats::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::clap2::clap2:
Original post by Pinnerite
You must be thrilled after all this time!:congrats::congrats::dancing2::dancing2::dancing2::clap2::clap2:

trust me: I AM!!!!!
Original post by Terpsikhore
Hi guys! I've been lurking for a while and seen a couple of people here mentioning offers from the Rio Handover team so I thought I'd say hello. I got my offer of a place in the bateria earlier today. :smile: Not sure if it's Olympic or Paralympic yet, they didn't say in the voicemail, so I might give them a call tomorrow to ask.

I auditioned with a group of 10 friends and we've all been offered places, which is especially lovely!

Fingers crossed for anyone who's still waiting to hear. :smile:

Well done Terpsikhore! :banana2::banana2::congrats::congrats:
Hopefully there will be a number of TSRites joining you soon!
Reply 9953
Original post by commonliner
Not unlikely...apparently my drumming style is rather...'visual'... :blushing:
I was right at the base of the tower on Sunday.

So's mine, which is why we've been put at the front of the group. Not sure if we're drumming tonight though. I though they said we would be marshalling.
Original post by RocKeRG
So's mine, which is why we've been put at the front of the group. Not sure if we're drumming tonight though. I though they said we would be marshalling.

I'm at the back...but that doesn't stop me from incarnating a windmilling human metronome. :wink:
Original post by Flakeydom
They do say that if you're approached to speak to them. I suspect they will allow carefully tailored information out there but would insist on having right of approval of the final piece or that the 'interview' needs to happen on site.

It would seem that is not the case. I've just had this reply from my cast co-ordinator following my enquiry about an approach from my local paper:

We have been checking with our communication department and they have finally told us that unfortunately you cannot talk about your participation in the Ceremonies until the end of it. Once it is over you can talk about it as much as you like!

This is the rule for all groups involved in order to avoid any problem and misunderstanding and in order to maintain the secret!
Hi there,

courieuse

Well hello! and welcome to a fantastic segment - you are in for the best time! You must have thought it was all over after all this time - how fantastic to get the news! Don't worry we'll soon get you up to speed and it's such a lovely group to work in. Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday.
Can anyone help me please?
Baring in mind it takes an hour from st Pancras to the tube station near 1:1 venue, do you think it'd be possible to finish a rehersal on a Sunday, and get to the eurostar in two hours?
So including getting on the shuttle bus and waiting, and a tube to st Pancras..
Any help wil be greatfully recieved! Booking my eurostar ticket in an hour n wanna be in Paris as early as possible!
xxx
Reply 9958
Buzzing to get in the stadium!!
Reply 9959
Original post by icanshowyoutheworld
Can anyone help me please?
Baring in mind it takes an hour from st Pancras to the tube station near 1:1 venue, do you think it'd be possible to finish a rehersal on a Sunday, and get to the eurostar in two hours?
So including getting on the shuttle bus and waiting, and a tube to st Pancras..
Any help wil be greatfully recieved! Booking my eurostar ticket in an hour n wanna be in Paris as early as possible!
xxx

I've found it has taken about half an hour from my rehearsal finishing to getting to the tube station. It depends how many people are leaving at the same time as you though.

Latest