The Student Room Group

UK Deportations

Poll

Should the soldier be deported?

So, I read this article about a Commonwealth Soldier who fought for the British Army in Belfast, Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan. Basically, he's being deported because he isn't British and they won't let him work here.

He has paid tax and national insurance here during his years in the army but now he can't claim any benefits. This is sickening when you consider there are dregs of society that get everything given to them because they can't be ar**d to get a job or because they have too many kids and don't work as well. This man has paid into society, the dregs haven't. Give him benefits and revoke theirs for him :smile:

Also, the British Government need to grow a pair of FU**ING BALLS and tell Europe where to stick their FU**ING demands and human rights bull****. They deport someone who has fought for us, to keep our country free. However, they quite willingly let the FOREIGN CRIMINALS stay here 'because of their right to family life and other bull**** excuses, if they want a family life deport the lot of them'. If this soldier was a member of the Taliban or other terrorist organisation then he would have more chance of fighting deportation (look at the creepy guy with the hook for a hand). Or what about the guy that raped the child but he doesn't get deported because he should have a right to a family life.

Sorry, I don't usually swear but this has really really annoyed me. I mean what does Europe actually do for us except give us grief and cost us money.
Reply 2

Haha you couldn't make it up the day it was first published they ran a story that crooks and criminals couldn't be deported due to human rights issues but an ex-servicemen is fair game to deport despite having a bonafide British wife and children.
I don't understand how we have time for him yet don't have time for 250,000 known failed migrants who somehow we can't chuck back over the channel.
I agree he should stay without question, but I just want to point out most of these so called human rights issues that people keep banging on about aren't human rights, they are civil rights. Also the uk has it's own human rights laws, the only time the EU gets involved is in an appeal where the person in question feels the UK is not upholdoing their human rights.

Apart from the let the lad stay he's done enough to earn his opportunity.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending