The Student Room Group

What is going to happen to the Eurozone?

So what do you guys think will happen to the Eurozone/EU in the not so distant future?

I'm just curious to know what people think will happen.
I reckon we might see something drastic, especially now Germany's credit rating is supposedly at risk of downgrade.

That is just my uninformed opinion though.
Reply 2
Nothing positive to say the least.
The UK needs to save itself in the best way it can by getting out of the EU imo.
Reply 3
I can't see the economic turmoil ending this decade, with the policies they're operating... who knows what'll happen from there.

It seems like they're still digging the hole rather than crawling their way out of it.

Edit: My personal prediction is that it is forced to recede into a Northern European alliance rather than the entire eurozone. The South won't ever keep up. Pro-EU politicians will do everything in their power to prevent this but I doubt it will be feasible in the long term (is that even possible anyway?).
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by benpearson1
So what do you guys think will happen to the Eurozone/EU in the not so distant future?

I'm just curious to know what people think will happen.

I reckon the Euro will diminish, or perhaps disappear entirely. The EU may or may not split, but I imagine we will end up departing one way or another.
Reply 5
So do you all think we should get out asap?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending