The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
I go back on the 10th of sept so still pretty relaxed into my holiday. lol

I'm doing physics a level but havent done the subject for a year and have forgotten all maths so might need to do some pre sixth form revision.
Original post by lbsf1
I go back on the 10th of sept so still pretty relaxed into my holiday. lol

I'm doing physics a level but havent done the subject for a year and have forgotten all maths so might need to do some pre sixth form revision.

Wait, have you just come out of Year 10, or Year 11? This thread is for people going INTO Year 11 :tongue:. There's one for people going into Year 12 here :smile: . That's not to say that you're not perfectly welcome here, though :tongue:
Reply 942
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Wait, have you just come out of Year 10, or Year 11? This thread is for people going INTO Year 11 :tongue:. There's one for people going into Year 12 here :smile: . That's not to say that you're not perfectly welcome here, though :tongue:

Yeah going into year 12.

I got that wrong thread then :wink:. Y U CONFUSE ME WITH ALL THE CAPITALS AND FLASHY COLOURS :wink:

I don't think of myself as sixth form yet anyway lol so I just saw the word year 11 and thought it was the right one.
Original post by lbsf1
Yeah going into year 12.

I got that wrong thread then :wink:. Y U CONFUSE ME WITH ALL THE CAPITALS AND FLASHY COLOURS :wink:

I don't think of myself as sixth form yet anyway lol so I just saw the word year 11 and thought it was the right one.

Like I said, you're still more than welcome here :smile: We have several Year 11/12 stalkers that pop in occasionally.

Which A-Level subjects are you taking?
Reply 944
Like I said, you're still more than welcome here :smile: We have several Year 11/12 stalkers that pop in occasionally.

Which A-Level subjects are you taking?

Maths
Physics
History
Computing as (swapping for further maths in year 13)

So I will have no life starting 10th Sept. All of you lucky year 10's :wink: still have a year left of GCSE.
Reply 945
Original post by lbsf1
Maths
Physics
History

So I will have no life starting 10th Sept. All of you lucky year 10's :wink: still have a year left of GCSE.

Computing! :dance:

I do it at GCSE and love it! :biggrin:
I'm hoping to do well and take it at A level too.
Reply 946
Original post by chloe--
Computing! :dance:

I do it at GCSE and love it! :biggrin:
I'm hoping to do well and take it at A level too.

I did it at GCSE too and my teacher said that As level is no more difficult so that why I'm doing it. He teaches AS level computing and told us all to take it as it is basicly a free As.
Original post by lbsf1
Maths
Physics
History

At least you don't have to take IB ;P
What are you aspiring to do in uni?
Reply 948
Original post by lbsf1
I did it at GCSE too and my teacher said that As level is no more difficult so that why I'm doing it. He teaches AS level computing and told us all to take it as it is basicly a free As.

That's what I've been told as well :tongue:

I want to do Computer Science at uni, so even though an A level isn't necessary, it can't hurt to do it. And with the added bonus of it being easier thanks to knowing stuff from GCSE, I should (hopefully) be okay!
Reply 949
Original post by Kittaaaaay
At least you don't have to take IB ;P
What are you aspiring to do in uni?

Mechanical engineering

What do you want to do?

And Chloe when I went to another sixth forms open day and spoke to their computing teacher he was like "nope there is lots more to learn than just GCSE, you need to learn how to program, loops, arrays, ect", I didn't think he expects us to know them already. lol
(edited 11 years ago)
I got skillzz :cool:

Reply 951
Original post by lbsf1
Mechanical engineering

What do you want to do?

And Chloe when I went to another sixth forms open day and spoke to their computing teacher he was like "nope there is lots more to learn than just GCSE, you need to learn how to program, loops, arrays, ect", I didn't think he expects us to know them already. lol

We do all of that :rolleyes: I think there could be a chance he was confused with ICT, which is just learning how to use a computer :tongue:
Reply 952
Original post by chloe--
We do all of that :rolleyes: I think there could be a chance he was confused with ICT, which is just learning how to use a computer :tongue:

Nope it was definately computing he was talking about.
Reply 953
Original post by lbsf1
Mechanical engineering

What do you want to do?

Don't you learn that in GCSE? Fairly integral to computing :tongue:

Wow I really should read posts after the one I'm quoting. But not everywhere does computing GCSE, can't assume everyone knows that stuff :h:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lbsf1
Mechanical engineering

What do you want to do?

A life science, not sure which yet. :^_^:
Original post by dinrah04
Wow New Zealand is like a cross between American and Australian.

Sorry for the wait here's mine, everyone check out my beautiful accent from the realms yonder

Oh gosh... I apologize, I was expecting a girl's voice again.... Jheeze I know you're a boy, but in my head you are a girl... Is it your username or your naruro picture :tongue:

Btw.. Your accent is not hated by me :redface: that is an achievement... I must say :tongue:
Hi GUYS!! :biggrin: have an invitation for lunch somewhere.... :frown:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Hi GUYS!! :biggrin: have an invitation for lunch somewhere.... :frown:

Why so sad? The fact that people would like to be in your company is a good thing, surely? :smile:

Hope you have a nice meal, anyway. :smile:
Reply 958
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Oh gosh... I apologize, I was expecting a girl's voice again.... Jheeze I know you're a boy, but in my head you are a girl... Is it your username or your naruro picture :tongue:

Btw.. Your accent is not hated by me :redface: that is an achievement... I must say :tongue:

I know what you mean! I seem to assume that most people here are girls, and then freak out when they turn out not to be. Looks like me, TailChaser and Kitty are the only girls so far :tongue:
Why so sad? The fact that people would like to be in your company is a good thing, surely? :smile:

Hope you have a nice meal, anyway. :smile:

But everyone is going... Like loads of family... And then I won't ear properly in front of them and get annoyed and hungry :tongue: hehe...

Original post by chloe--
I know what you mean! I seem to assume that most people here are girls, and then freak out when they turn out not to be. Looks like me, TailChaser and Kitty are the only girls so far :tongue:

I know! I'm sure there are more out there :tongue: aurorae I first thought was a girl... :tongue: :colondollar:

Latest