The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloe--
Nothing is required for A-level (except Maths, the ability to use a computer and an interest), since not everywhere offers Computing.

Here's the link to the OCR one, anyway: Click

No I just mean I prefer to be the guy in the class who knows half the course already :lol:

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
This thread is for people moving into Year 11 :smile: There's a thread for Year 12s here. :smile: You're still more than welcome to post in this thread, but you'll probably be able to get better answers to your questions over in your own thread. :smile:

EDIT: Yet again, someone beat me too it :tongue: I need to learn to refresh the page before I post :tongue:

Don't you know? :tongue: I'm the one who always seems to notice Year 12s on here thinking this is their thread, correcting them while trying not to sound like I'm banishing them :lol:
Original post by MangoFreak
What are you talking about? Government and Politics is a respected and traditional "hard" A-Level :holmes:

no its not:http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604.Its on the same list as Law,its not totally hated but is not respected.After seeing the list,Computing isn't respected.
(edited 11 years ago)
*we're :smug:

Sorry :frown: I have no life, I know.

Ahh sorry:colondollar: I type so fast I dont even know what Im writing and ontop of that I always do this :facepalm: Shadab is normally the one correcting me then Sarcasticcomplex started and now you :lol: I'll have more by the end of the holidays:rolleyes::colondollar:..

...LOL! Truss me I have a sadder life :yep: :tongue:
*we're :smug:

Sorry :frown: I have no life, I know.

:rofl: :five:
Reply 3786
No I just mean I prefer to be the guy in the class who knows half the course already :lol:

There's nothing wrong with that :tongue:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Really Government and Politics is a mickey mouse subject! :eek: Ohhww I dont know what do then :frown:

You shouldn't pay attention to what Dalek says. I'm also doing Government and Politics, it's a respectable subject. I'm also doing Ancient History, English Literature and Philosophy. :biggrin:
AHHH.....MOCKS! :frown: :facepalm: Im probably not gonna come on TSR for months :cry: I know its sad :frown:

Even now I'm barely on anymore, dammit .. You guys are making heaps of progress on the thread though, mark II sooo soon.
Original post by Dalek1099
no its not:http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604.Its on the same list as Law,its not totally hated but is not respected.

Well of course it's not going to be as preferable as the Arts subjects in the A List. You may have noticed that all but 9 of the A List Art subjects are LANGUAGES.
Original post by chloe--
There's nothing wrong with that :tongue:

I wasn't implying that there was :pierre: :tongue:
Don't you know? :tongue: I'm the one who always seems to notice Year 12s on here thinking this is their thread, correcting them while trying not to sound like I'm banishing them :lol:

I don't know why we're getting so many of them :tongue: I mean, it's not like it says '2012-2013' in the thread title, or anything. :tongue:

LOL! Truss me I have a sadder life :yep: :tongue:

I sit at home correcting people's grammar. Do go on about how your life is sadder than mine :tongue:

:rofl: :five:

:awesome:
Original post by velvetbrain
You shouldn't pay attention to what Dalek says. I'm also doing Government and Politics, it's a respectable subject. I'm also doing Ancient History, English Literature and Philosophy. :biggrin:

Don't worry, we don't listen to him :lol: Learnt that lesson. Listening to Dalek gets the thread closed :tongue:
I don't know why we're getting so many of them :tongue: I mean, it's not like it says '2012-2013' in the thread title, or anything. :tongue:

I sit at home correcting people's grammar. Do go on about how your life is sadder than mine :tongue:

People don't read :shakecane:

It is a mickey mouse subject,its just as bad as
Law.
http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604

I know I realised :tongue: :wink: Thanks :biggrin: Really how do you find it?? :biggrin:

Original post by Kittaaaaay
Even now I'm barely on anymore, dammit .. You guys are making heaps of progress on the thread though, mark II sooo soon.

I know but I need to work harder before I didnt so hard that's why I missed out on the A* :frown: ....I know we might have a next thread by the end of the Holidays :wink:
Awh man, the sixth form to which I'll probably be going doesn't do Computing (at least not in 2012, they might add it for 2013, perhaps :tongue:)
Well of course it's not going to be as preferable as the Arts subjects in the A List. You may have noticed that all but 9 of the A List Art subjects are LANGUAGES.

If its not on the A list then its not respected,the title even says A-Levels of more limited suitability and that is pretty much the definition of a mickey mouse subject because its on the same list as Business and Law,which are mickey mouse subjects.
Almost at 4000 :awesome:

The Year 12s only have 1500 :teehee: I feel like I should go over and gloat to Usy later :tongue:

Its fine Im used to it :wink: :tongue: Ahh Ok then I was just being nice but meh your life is sadder :tongue: :yep: <Joke :tongue:

Latest