The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dinrah04
Forget Medicine, I'm being an Actor now. I guess I was pretty good in Year 8, I had to do a bunch of drama stuff, cringey now in hindsight.

Tell me about it :s-smilie: Thinking back, the stuff I did in Year 8 was so weird :s-smilie: . In Drama I made a story about a busker who became a world famous musician :tongue: I also did a fairy tale parody thing called Fairy Fail :facepalm:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
:rofl: :lol:

No, for architecture:

Mathematics, Physics, Art (anything else) at A2.
Further Maths AS

Would guarantee you a spot :wink:

There are other factors to getting into uni :lol:
Original post by lol-no
yeah i suppose so, but nothing too much it's just soo hard sometimes...

thank you :smile:

Aaah, no problem :smile: anything else will be too sciencey :tongue: or too arty...

Original post by MangoFreak
Architecture has very little maths so if that's good then sure, but otherwise architectural engineering would be better :awesome:

Architecture needs lots of maths.. As does architectural engineering... I wanted to be those, still would if I could do loads...
Reply 5543
Original post by dinrah04
My school sent a G&T letter, and apparently on the Gifted and Talented Reigster, I am gifted in Drama, Maths, RE, Science and History. My best subject, English, I'm apparently just average in :frown: But my C subject, I'm gifted in :s-smilie:

I'm G&T in something (or maybe somethings) but I have no idea what :tongue:

EDIT: Wow, late. Guys, you talk too fast :tongue:
There are other factors to getting into uni :lol:

Well, for architecture, not really, you need grades, a passion and a good portfolio... :biggrin:
Reply 5545
:rofl: :lol:

No, for architecture:

Mathematics, Physics, Art (anything else) at A2.
Further Maths AS

Would guarantee you a spot :wink:

further maths? :rofl:
art, i don't even take it for gcse oops, physics is a bitch i hear soo
guess i can't do architecture then..
Aaah, no problem :smile: anything else will be too sciencey :tongue: or too arty...

Architecture needs lots of maths.. As does architectural engineering... I wanted to be those, still would if I could do loads...

No I swear I've heard from architecture students that the course has very little engineering/maths.
Original post by lol-no

You could get in without further maths and art... :smile:
Reply 5548
i know right? this thread moves proper quick but thanks for the reply anyway.
I like interior designing, do you know how competitive it is and what I might need to take for AS + A2?
Original post by lol-no

You really wouldn't need physics or further maths for pure architecture :smile:
Reply 5550
You could get in without further maths and art... :smile:

you sure, do you have any idea on what else could i take to replace it?

btw how do you know so much about careers, you've probably answered this a million times but what do you want to do?
Original post by lol-no
you sure, do you have any idea on what else could i take to replace it?

btw how do you know so much about careers, you've probably answered this a million times but what do you want to do?

Well, you could get in with a mixture of science and essay based, economics, geography theyre all.useful!

I want to be a chemical engineer :smile:

And I've wanted to be everything :tongue: so I used to look at requirements for everything... (Cambridge)
You really wouldn't need physics or further maths for pure architecture :smile:

Yes you would need physics... Architects need maths and physics... Structural engineers would use further maths as well..
Wow you guys are so well prepared. In comparison I must sound like one of those five year old kids that say "When I grow up, I want to be a pony" :lol:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Wow you guys are so well prepared. In comparison I must sound like one of those five year old kids that say "When I grow up, I want to be a pony" :lol:

So far these have been my career prospects... Since the age of 5...

Sanitation Engineer... /Don't ask/
Actor
Singer
Astronomer
Astrophysicist
Architect
Doctor
Chemical Engineer

And a few others...
Oh an accountant too!
Tell me about it :s-smilie: Thinking back, the stuff I did in Year 8 was so weird :s-smilie: . In Drama I made a story about a busker who became a world famous musician :tongue: I also did a fairy tale parody thing called Fairy Fail :facepalm:

I remember I was a chav for something, I think my main skill was having good memory as my friend was gone on an Art Trip, so I had to learn his lines and perform them that same day. But the worst thing was some Prince Kano thing, I was the main character and it was extremely camp. :colondollar:
Art & Design is more sought after than Design&Technology though

Actor
Singer
Astronomer
Astrophysicist
Architect
Doctor
Chemical Engineer

And a few others...
Oh an accountant too!

Wow! :biggrin: :eek: Ive always just wanted to be a Doctor :colondollar: :tongue:
Reply 5558

Don't you want to be a vet? I remember that from somewhere..

You're more prepared than my sister was in her second year of uni, when she still had no idea what she was going to do :tongue:

Actor
Singer
Astronomer
Astrophysicist
Architect
Doctor
Chemical Engineer

And a few others...
Oh an accountant too!

Sanitation engineer? :rofl: Cute!

So far from the usual doctor/firefighter/paramedic/etc that you usually get :tongue:

I have gone from Accountant to Barrister to Computer Scientist though...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Wow! :biggrin: :eek: Ive always just wanted to be a Doctor :colondollar: :tongue:

Ikr!

Guys, I'm in the restaurant so super slow replies...

Latest