The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
Original post by jazzykinks
My boyfriend broke up with me. Yes, the same boyfriend that whisked me off to a Michelin star restaurant the other day. I am devastated and I feel worthless. The only thing that is good out of this is that for the first time in my life, I am suffering and NOT taking it out on my food. At least I've learnt that restricting my intake etc. is not the way to go. I've come home for some TLC instead! x

I'm really sorry to hear this Jazzy :hugs: :frown: Get lots of well-deserve cuddles and spoil yourself - you deserve the best :smile:
Reply 4841
Jesus, Jazz, I'm so sorry.

Truth is, you had some good memories there... Hold those, use them as fuel. Forget the rest.

All our strong, happy moments bring us closer and closer to true bliss... Thing that sucks? We always assume that "true bliss" is what we've left behind. It's not.

Xx
:hugs: Jazzy, just remember the positives :yep:
My boyfriend broke up with me. Yes, the same boyfriend that whisked me off to a Michelin star restaurant the other day. I am devastated and I feel worthless. The only thing that is good out of this is that for the first time in my life, I am suffering and NOT taking it out on my food. At least I've learnt that restricting my intake etc. is not the way to go. I've come home for some TLC instead! x

Very sorry to hear this. Sorry...for him! As he has lost a cracker there. Life can be difficult, we love, we lose, we love again. You had some good times and I'm sure there are lots of things you learnt from the relationship. Glad to hear you're not hurting yourself food wise, I mean, people usually eat MORE after break ups, so why should you have to restrict? Don't punish yourself twice over - you've had upsetting news, TLC is the way to go; as you said. Love and stuff. X

adsfgh. Say WHAaa--. that was sudden, and he cannot have his head screwed on right. TLC is the way to go, a big mug of tea thats in more of a bucket than a cup, a big fluffy jumper, and paint your nails -nods-.

Girlies, and toto and riku (I bet you could find some good things on here) found this website and whilst on the subject of TLC, thought you might like it, and it'll give jazzy ideas for nice things to do
(edited 11 years ago)

:hugs: I'm sorry. Did he at least give you a reason why?

It is a very positive step that you've taken from it though, sounds like you're heading in an amazing direction!
nervous for work tomorrow, lost best part of a stone since I was in last :erm:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
nervous for work tomorrow, lost best part of a stone since I was in last :erm:

they'll be as worried about you as we are cupcake. its like i've a few friends/ people i get along with in my lab classes who came to find me on wednesday just to ask wtf had happened the day previous and if i was ok/ better.
bleurgh don't need people worrying about me :o:
Reply 4849

That's precisely what you DO need. Trust me when I say, my love, that no amount of low self-worth or internal loathing, no matter how passionately you do so, will help you in ANY walk of life! x
Original post by Cinnie
x

x

Original post by TotoMimo
x

Original post by MelissaJayne
x

Original post by .snowflake.
x

Thank you guys so much! You're amazing. I must admit, I had to rush home because I was scared I may hurt myself or something and just didn't feel okay enough to be alone (studio flat at uni, sociable). I've been eating as normal although my mum said I should probably eat more (I have lost weight because of anaemia :\)...but I just feel so sick to the stomach. Food feels tasteless now...but I refuse to not eat! I want to come out of this the better person. What annoyed me was that he said 'when I got dumped for the first time, I didn't eat for 3 days'. And you think it's okay to say that to an ex-anorexic? Clever.

I know life will go on but it hurts. I wrote a list of why I don't like him and that's helped. Being in a safe environment with my parents is really helping too. I refuse to be resentful though...because that will only make me bitter and not someone I want to be. I remember when I used to hate my exs and it only fuelled my self-hatred.

Thank you all so much. I love you guys :') xxx

BRB. Going to kidnap timewarpy.
Reply 4852
Thank you guys so much! You're amazing. I must admit, I had to rush home because I was scared I may hurt myself or something and just didn't feel okay enough to be alone (studio flat at uni, sociable). I've been eating as normal although my mum said I should probably eat more (I have lost weight because of anaemia :\)...but I just feel so sick to the stomach. Food feels tasteless now...but I refuse to not eat! I want to come out of this the better person. What annoyed me was that he said 'when I got dumped for the first time, I didn't eat for 3 days'. And you think it's okay to say that to an ex-anorexic? Clever.

I know life will go on but it hurts. I wrote a list of why I don't like him and that's helped. Being in a safe environment with my parents is really helping too. I refuse to be resentful though...because that will only make me bitter and not someone I want to be. I remember when I used to hate my exs and it only fuelled my self-hatred.

:hugs: Ah, Jazzy. Let him go, he's messed you around and that remark by him was really out of order. You don't have to hate him but you can still remember he's been an idiot to lose you! x

:hugs: Better off without him. Glad you are eating properly though, it shows a hell of a lot for your strength not to let it stop you eating!

Realised my ex had to go when we were lying there one morning and he literally pointed out all my fat/ugly bits and couldn't understand why I could possibly be upset at it.

unfair rant

(edited 11 years ago)
:hugs: Better off without him. Glad you are eating properly though, it shows a hell of a lot for your strength not to let it stop you eating!

Realised my ex had to go when we were lying there one morning and he literally pointed out all my fat/ugly bits and couldn't understand why I could possibly be upset at it.

unfair rant

timewarpy, i do the same. i shove you away, push you out and put up walls made of barbed wire and flesh eating zombies when i desperately actually need you to tell me everything is ok and that we CAN fix this/ I'm not cray/i havent let anyone down.

Jazzy's eating because she's a bamf and knows that she'll lose her superpowers if she doesnt. And because shes a strong independent woman and she don't need no man. -excuse me whilst i get hyper over a mug of coffee with sugar in it and want to kidnap you all at keep you under my bed.
Original post by Riku
:hugs: Ah, Jazzy. Let him go, he's messed you around and that remark by him was really out of order. You don't have to hate him but you can still remember he's been an idiot to lose you! x

I think he'll realise what he lost one day. I know I put my all in the relationship. And the not eating thing made me want to punch him :| but he's always been like that. If I didn't want to drink alcohol one night, he would force me. He was always trying to get me to eat more or eat different things. I recently found out I'm anaemic and he was trying to thrust red meat on me, which I don't like to cook because of the smell. I guess he was supportive in public but at home he was always pressurising me about food/drink...something I really don't need! x

Oh good lord :| I'm sorry about your ex! What a loser. With my now-ex, he would always poke my tummy, which is the part of my body I got BDD over. He said it was cute but he would always stroke and poke it so it just emphasised it. I'm relieved I don't have to deal with that any more :| As for blocking people out, fair enough. The more people tell you to do something, the less you want to do it -- I'm the same. x

Original post by Anonymous

Jazzy's eating because she's a bamf and knows that she'll lose her superpowers if she doesnt. And because shes a strong independent woman and she don't need no man. -excuse me whilst i get hyper over a mug of coffee with sugar in it and want to kidnap you all at keep you under my bed.

Haha what's a bamf? Thank you for the kind words :smile: I would like a man but not a boy, which is what I now feel the ex was. I'm glad I'm eating though and my parents are really proud that, for the first time, I'm not taking it out on my food :smile: x
I think he'll realise what he lost one day. I know I put my all in the relationship. And the not eating thing made me want to punch him :| but he's always been like that. If I didn't want to drink alcohol one night, he would force me. He was always trying to get me to eat more or eat different things. I recently found out I'm anaemic and he was trying to thrust red meat on me, which I don't like to cook because of the smell. I guess he was supportive in public but at home he was always pressurising me about food/drink...something I really don't need! x

Oh good lord :| I'm sorry about your ex! What a loser. With my now-ex, he would always poke my tummy, which is the part of my body I got BDD over. He said it was cute but he would always stroke and poke it so it just emphasised it. I'm relieved I don't have to deal with that any more :| As for blocking people out, fair enough. The more people tell you to do something, the less you want to do it -- I'm the same. x

Haha what's a bamf? Thank you for the kind words :smile: I would like a man but not a boy, which is what I now feel the ex was. I'm glad I'm eating though and my parents are really proud that, for the first time, I'm not taking it out on my food :smile: x

i was the last anon, jazzy, you probably should look it up on urban dictionary, TSR wont let me post it here, its a bit rude.
Got a doctors appointment for tomorrow morning :erm: As long as I don't sleep in again...
Oh for god's sake why is it okay to tell someone 'you've put on weight haven't you?' just because they were too skinny before? I'm now at a bmi of 18.9, physically better than I've been in years and now people have triggered me by commenting on my weight gain. Yeah they mean it in a nice way as I looked ill before but atm I can't get changed in front of a mirror and am thinking of calling off my bday party Weds because I look horrible in dresses and I feel self-conscious, low and don't want to be surrounded by food and drink.
This was the furthest I'd got into recovery but the comments are too triggering and so inevitably the downwards spiral comes again and I'm back in this damn cycle.
I'm pathetic.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x-Disenchanted-x
Oh for god's sake why is it okay to tell someone 'you've put on weight haven't you?' just because they were too skinny before? I'm now at a bmi of 18.9, physically better than I've been in years and now people have triggered me by commenting on my weight gain. Yeah they mean it in a nice way as I looked ill before but atm I can't get changed in front of a mirror and am thinking of calling off my bday party Weds because I look horrible in dresses and I feel self-conscious, low and don't want to be surrounded by food and drink.
This was the furthest I'd got into recovery but the comments are too triggering and so inevitably the downwards spiral comes again and I'm back in this damn cycle.
I'm pathetic.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

d, you can do this. i can't get changed infront of a mirror either, but thats because i'm actually fat, but ya know.

Quick Reply

Latest