The Student Room Group

P2P networks are dead for the Western Powers

Meaning the Western allied powers. The United States, England, France, West Germany, and Spain do not participate in wide-spread P2P file-sharing, as opposed the former Soviet Bloc countries, including eastern Germany. I wonder why? Excess government interference via agencies which patrol that, such as MPAA and RIAA (or something lik. I say - just let the people do what they want. Besides - such efforts at patrolling the free internet are inevitably self-defeating to businesses - i.e. a complex, Economic/Dynamic Systems dynamic.
what are you on about?
Reply 2
In plain English and laymens terms please?
Reply 3
P2P file sharing stands for Peer-to-Peer file sharing. Those networks are all gone for the former Allied Powers countries. Kazaa was the most popular before. But also, Neo-Modus. The capitalistic mentality says, you only get what you pay for, so they shut them down.
They definitely still exist, so...
Original post by Jonathan C
P2P file sharing stands for Peer-to-Peer file sharing. Those networks are all gone for the former Allied Powers countries. Kazaa was the most popular before. But also, Neo-Modus. The capitalistic mentality says, you only get what you pay for, so they shut them down.

you've not heard of torrrenting then?
Reply 6
Original post by + polarity -
They definitely still exist, so...

No they don't. You must be referring to Bit-torrents. Not really a Peer-to-Peer network.
Reply 7
Original post by Barden
you've not heard of torrrenting then?

Yes but I was talking about Peer-to-peer networks. Big ones at least.

Quick Reply

Latest