The Student Room Group

Arsey's S1 Edexcel Answers 18th Jan 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by newcastle123
LOL I knw what I did is soooo wrong. I just completely forgot it was a cumulative distribution. Only 2 marks. I just couldn't think of anything.
But I'll still hopefully end up getting around 63/75 after looking at the worked solutions, which will hopefully be an A.

Haha, fair enough, but regardless of whether its cumulative or not, the basic algebra is so off at almost every step that it would be tough to award any marks. And k=13 was printed on the paper, so they might not give you anything for the last line.

Either way I don't want to screw up your hope in future exams, good luck with the rest you have.
Reply 221
Original post by Humzah96
And for getting the width right but the height wrong in historgram how many marks?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Arsey please answer :smile:
Reply 222
Ok sorry for being annoying... I got my b value right but switched the bar m and bar t wrong to find a so my end formula was wrong.. Hence the next part being wrong because i used a wrong formula to work out the answer how many marks? Out of 5 in total

Reply 223
and Arsey for A'|B' would i get a mark for writing A'|B' = A'nB'/B'
and Arsey for A'|B' would i get a mark for writing A'|B' = A'nB'/B'

Pretty sure you get a mark for that mate, for correct method

You get error carried forward, so as long as method is correct then you will get all marks for further parts to the question
Reply 226
Original post by raiden95
You get error carried forward, so as long as method is correct then you will get all marks for further parts to the question

Cheers! :biggrin:

Reply 227
Would I get a mark for writing 'a discrete random variable' for when they ask 'State the name of this probability distribution.'?
Original post by ADayah96
Would I get a mark for writing 'a discrete random variable' for when they ask 'State the name of this probability distribution.'?

No, I made the same mistake. It HAS to be uniform.
Reply 229
Hi Arsey,

Quick question with regards to 4c:

I did P(L>133 | L>127) = P(127< L < 133) / P(L>127)

And then inserted the values. How many marks would this gain me? 1?

Thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
For question 6f I multiplied 0.5 by each probability of her winning and added it all together and got seven twelths! I also said which die to pick but not the probability of winning for each die! how many marks?
Also for 3d i said 'this is reliable because 10 degrees is inside the data range of 8-30 degrees' would i get the mark?
Original post by Arsey
yes

For the probability distribution question, is it ok if I set it out in terms of decimals? So like 0.35 instead of 14/40, 0.175 instead of 7/40 etc. ?
Original post by lighterthanAyer
For the probability distribution question, is it ok if I set it out in terms of decimals? So like 0.35 instead of 14/40, 0.175 instead of 7/40 etc. ?

Without a doubt, it is okay
Original post by pilotluke1
Also for 3d i said 'this is reliable because 10 degrees is inside the data range of 8-30 degrees' would i get the mark?

Yes of course it's a solid answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by raiden95
Without a doubt, it is okay

Phew :tongue: Cheers - looking through these unofficial mark schemes is always scary lol
Original post by gooner4ever
Yes of course it's a solid answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick question guys do you think I'll lose marks for the probability distribution for B (question 6a) if I wrote the x values of 1 and 3 and 5 separately e.g X 1 1 3 3 5 5 and then the probability of each 1/6 as opposed to what's done in the model answers (joining them all together) ???
cos they way I did it isn't wrong just not well done!
Reply 238
Say if in a question I get part A wrong which is worth 2 marks

Then in part B I use the answer I get in part A to get answer, which is worth 2 marks.

Will I only lose 2 marks for part A, so I would get 2/4 in total?
if anyone what to makes solutions for the Edexcel S2 paper pm and ill send you the paper :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending