The Student Room Group

Re National Youth Theatre 2013

Hi

I am thinking of Auditioning for NYT but have a couple of concerns.

1) Is it definately worth auditioning even though there is little chance of getting in?

2) If lucky enough to get in is the price of £360 just for the course or does it include accomodation as well?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I'm auditioning too, yh there is little chance especially since more than 7,000 ppl have already applied but its worth a shot right :smile:
Reply 2
Hi

Yes, reading what others have said about their experiences the audition seems to be fun anyway ( except for the individual monologue) cant imagine that would be fun! Lol
Just trying to get all the facts really before commiting to an audition and the financial cost should we be lucky enough to get through!
Reply 3
Original post by Geo888
Hi

Yes, reading what others have said about their experiences the audition seems to be fun anyway ( except for the individual monologue) cant imagine that would be fun! Lol
Just trying to get all the facts really before commiting to an audition and the financial cost should we be lucky enough to get through!

Guess we just have to try our guest, where are you auditioning? And what monologues where you thinking of doing?
Reply 4

Hi

I'm auditioning in Manchester. I've found it difficult to find a monologue. I have had a few people say it may be best to do a modern one as the examiners must get fed up of hearing Shakespeare and watching people be all dramatic and cry etc. I guess they must listen to a lot of Shakespeare if auditioning 5000 people! I thought i would try a modern upbeat monologue if i can find one that is! Have you had any luck finding a suitable one? :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, I found the perfect one and then realised it wasn't from a play ! So back to square one
Reply 6
Original post by tany-faye
Hi, I found the perfect one and then realised it wasn't from a play ! So back to square one

Yes, i had the same problem. Found lots of really good monologues suitable for my age and character to find they were not published plays. I bought a book from Amazon with monologues for 16+ and i found one i like but its American and im not sure whether they have to be from British plays. Ah well i guess if i get it wrong this time, theres always next year!
Reply 7
They just said a published play, could be from anywhere :smile: when your audition
Reply 8
Hi

My audition is 17th Feb. My actual audition is really late in the afternoon. Do you know what everyone does whilst all other auditions are going on as the workshop finishes at 1.00pm and my audition isnt until about 5.00pm.
When is yours?
Reply 9
Original post by Geo888
Hi

My audition is 17th Feb. My actual audition is really late in the afternoon. Do you know what everyone does whilst all other auditions are going on as the workshop finishes at 1.00pm and my audition isnt until about 5.00pm.
When is yours?

My audition time is at 4.30 which I think it's great because it give me a good 3 1/2 hrs to cool down and go over my monologue :smile:
Reply 10
Good luck!:smile:
Hi, is anyone doing their audition in London on Febuary 2nd? :3
Reply 12
Original post by zencrichlow

19th for me :smile: how old are you and what monologue you doing? I'm doing men sana in thin gummy doo dah :smile: !!!
Reply 13
mines on the 17th aswell, i still havent found a monologue! does anyone have any ideas of what sort of performance they want? like crying or happy etc
I'm auditioning in Norwich on the 16th of Feb. I have a monologue from a "plays for schools" does anyone know if that's suitable?
Anyone else auditioning in Norwich?
Looking forward to the whole day even though a bit nervous at the moment.
Reply 15
Original post by Cally Richeda
I'm auditioning in Norwich on the 16th of Feb. I have a monologue from a "plays for schools" does anyone know if that's suitable?
Anyone else auditioning in Norwich?
Looking forward to the whole day even though a bit nervous at the moment.

Yh, i don't see why not, gud luck x
I know someone who said that they got in, this was about 2/3 years ago though. The accommodation was included and meals but anything like snacks they had to buy themselves. Don't do a Shakespeare monologue, they will be so bored after the 2000th one. Try a good upbeat one, something that will stick in their heads :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Has anyone done their audition yet?
Reply 18
Hi, does anyone know if they have chairs as props that can be used for the monologue part of the audition?
Reply 19
Original post by zencrichlow

I did, in the Woolyard? Haha I'm a bit late replying XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending