The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Anyone else applied to LIPA? (Sound Technology?)

Anyone else out there applied for LIPA this year?

I specifically applied for the Sound Technology course - so if anyone else is in the same boat as me then it'd be awesome to hear from you!

Would be cool to hear who else has applied for the other courses just out of interest/curiosity :P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I've applied too what type of recording are you taking?
Liverpool
Visit website
I took a classical recording of an orchestra... (my interview was on Tuesday) Whether that played in my favour I'll never know!
Reply 3
What sort of questions were you asked? and what was the exam like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It'd be unfair to say too much... Exam was fair - brush up on basic algebra, sine drawings and simple binary numbers.

The interview questions varied person to person and covered: experience in the industry, why I wanted to go to LIPA, and then a few questions about sound waves and my recording.

It felt like quite a fair interview. (E.g. not an easy one!)
Reply 5
Ah thanks for that mate was a big help :smile: Good luck on getting a place
No worries, when was your interview? Friday I guess? Best of luck too!
Reply 7
It's on the 28th and thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I've got my interview for LIPA on the 25th March, do you reckon they'll mind if you show them a track you've mixed/edited instead of physically recorded?

As with the exams, i'm bricking it because i've never been confident with maths. -.-

Also, might as well ask this now - Is there any form of dress code you should wear? Full Suit? Smart? Casual? Blacks? Ahhhh?!:eek:

Cheers!
Reply 9
I think they want recorded and mixed sorry :/ and I've heard its smart casual

Posted from TSR Mobile
They seemed to want recorded and mixed - but it does say on their site that may not be always possible due to where you live.

It is smart casual... I wore a shirt and black trousers - seemed to do the trick (I have an offer now..)
I also have an interview on Monday (28th) for Sound Technology!
Also congrats on getting an offer!
Reply 13
Mines on monday too
Original post by Samdownes
Mines on monday too

What kind of recording are you taking down with you?
Reply 15
Rock song bit like red hot chilli peppers style :smile: you?
The website says that all applications received by the UCAS deadline will be given equal consideration.

Original post by andrewjohnwatts

It is smart casual... I wore a shirt and black trousers - seemed to do the trick (I have an offer now..)

Can I ask how that's possible when they haven't interviewed all of the potential candidates?
Original post by Little Sausage
The website says that all applications received by the UCAS deadline will be given equal consideration.

Can I ask how that's possible when they haven't interviewed all of the potential candidates?

They also say that you will hear if you get an offer roughly 3 weeks after your interview
Original post by Samdownes
Rock song bit like red hot chilli peppers style :smile: you?

I've got an acoustic song :smile:
I think it's best to take a recording that best reflects you personally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending