The Student Room Group

Sugar or salt on cereal.

Poll

What do you prefer on cereal?

I personally for the life of me cannot understand why people put salt on their cereal. Oats for example or corn flakes. It just tastes disgusting. Sugar on cereal ftw.

Scroll to see replies

Salt? What kind of heathen would do that?
Reply 2
Original post by Lukev
Salt? What kind of heathen would do that?

Well it said on my oats to add salt or sugar. Tried salt and I've wasted some good oats ffs. I'd rather have it plain. Going tescos now to save my oats.
Reply 3
Salt with porridge is okay, but as a half scot I'm ashamed to say I prefer it with sugar. Anyhow salt on anything other than porridge is sick, seriously who puts it on cornflakes?
Reply 4
Have you not seen the advert when there's salt on the table and the woman stops the child from adding it.

Plus they use the terms "no added salt or sugar?" Who would ruin food like that.
Reply 5
Salt prepares food for digestion as it excites the salviatory glands releasing saliva which aids food disgestion. A pinch of salt before each meal is good and in particular in the morning when you just wake up and your system has just "woken up" there is nothing better to aid digestion. But yeah on cereal it tastes rank.
Reply 6
neither
Reply 7
Neither, I like my cereal and porridge plain
Reply 8
Neither. I like the taste of something plain in the morning.
Reply 9
Neither, that't just nasty.

Maybe some sugar on some weetabix, but that's it.
Reply 10
Original post by SebMurphy
Neither, that't just nasty.

Maybe some sugar on some weetabix, but that's it.

So sugar then?
Obviously you're not putting it in frosted flakes or coco pops man.
Reply 11
Salt on cereal? Fast track to hypertension
Neither for me.

Sugar I can understand but salt? :hmmm:
Salt. Are you crazy? That is disgusting.
Well, I'd never stick either on my cereal (I usually buy the chocolate flavoured stuff anyway :redface:) but then it got me thinking that I really love sweet & salty popcorn so who knows - maybe sprinkling some salt on your Sugar Puffs could work!
I'd never have the guts to try it... maybe the milk would make it go weird... Probably :K:
Reply 15
Who puts salt on cereal?
Reply 16
Salt????? Why'd you want to do that?
Reply 17
First time I'm hearing about salt on cereal.
Reply 18
I'm known for putting salt on everything, but even I wouldn't put it on cereal (not even porridge oats).
Have never put salt cereal and don't put sugar on my cereal and haven't done for years. if I have porridge, I either have syrup or honey on it.

Quick Reply

Latest