The Student Room Group

Do You Drink Milk As Is?

Poll

Do You Drink Milk?

Hey Guys;

Put it simply from what I've seen, I think I may be the only person who drinks milk from what I've been told by everyone I know. When I say drink milk as is, I don't mean like drinking your cereal milk, putting it into your tea/coffee etc..., I mean getting the container and pouring directly into a cup, glass, mug etc...

Does anyone else drink milk or am I just an oddity?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

Put it simply from what I've seen, I think I may be the only person who drinks milk from what I've been told by everyone I know. When I say drink milk as is, I don't mean like drinking your cereal milk, putting it into your tea/coffee etc..., I mean getting the container and pouring directly into a cup, glass, mug etc...

I don't but both of my kids (young adults) do. Never been able to stomach it on its own but use if for cereal, etc.
No, don't like it.

However I'll have it if I blend a banana in it.
Cow milk: no, don't like the taste
Chocolate milk and plant-based milks: absolutely yes (straight out of the carton hehe)
I don't drink milk in purity, but with some spoons of cocoa powder.
Original post by Kallisto
I don't drink milk in purity, but with some spoons of cocoa powder.

No sugar?
Reply 6
Hey Guys;

Why don't you just drink it from the carton?
Reply 7
Original post by bl0bf1sh
Cow milk: no, don't like the taste
Chocolate milk and plant-based milks: absolutely yes (straight out of the carton hehe)

Is chocolate milk made from coco beans?
Original post by penguingirl18
No sugar?

The powder contains sugar, it is not neccessary. Just a tea spoon and it is too sweet.
Nope.
Hey Guys;

I do not drink milk as I am not a baby cow. Milk has the hormones and crap in it designed to grow a calf into a giant. It is not for humans in my opinion. Inter species milk drinking is just disgusting if you think about it. You wouldn’t drink squirrel milk, or pig milk, or deer milk, or lion milk. Why do people think it is ok to drink cows milk? Proper messed up man!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Quady
Why don't you just drink it from the carton?

I live with my parents and they would probably kill me. Just a thought.
Reply 12
Original post by boulderingislife
I do not drink milk as I am not a baby cow. Milk has the hormones and crap in it designed to grow a calf into a giant. It is not for humans in my opinion. Inter species milk drinking is just disgusting if you think about it. You wouldn’t drink squirrel milk, or pig milk, or deer milk, or lion milk. Why do people think it is ok to drink cows milk? Proper messed up man!

Because it would take a few squirrels to get a mouthful and there aren't that many lions in the UK?

You seem to ignore goat milk, though that's not to my tastes.

Pig milk tastes even stronger and they yield a 6th of the milk of a cow. I doubt deer yield much either but apparently it tastes decent.
Reply 13
I live with my parents and they would probably kill me. Just a thought.

Surely you're allowed to buy milk for yourself, especially when out and about and looking to get a drink. Usually at home I'd use a glass, but when away from home drink from the carton.

Given you've had an account here for 11 years I'd wrongly assumed you weren't reliant on your parents for milk purchases. Just a though.

I eat goats cheese and haloumi and wouldn't be one to pass up other animal based cheese products like camel or alpaca if it was presented to me.
Not often but will sometimes get a craving for a swig of it, or will have a glass with cookies.
Original post by Quady
Surely you're allowed to buy milk for yourself, especially when out and about and looking to get a drink. Usually at home I'd use a glass, but when away from home drink from the carton.

Given you've had an account here for 11 years I'd wrongly assumed you weren't reliant on your parents for milk purchases. Just a though.

Erm, ok, I didn't see the relevancy but ok? In short, I buy food if I'm asked to and make the occasional purchase but am trying to save money to BUY a house as opposed to renting and am currently doing my IBMS portfolio to practice Biomedical Science legally in a medical diagnosis sence, so it makes it easier for me? It's not like I'm being actively asked to leave the house by my parents?

Not sure what me living with my parents has to do with my account age though?
Hey Guys;

I used to love drinking milk, I used to have a cup before bed and sometimes I'd add honey. But I developed lactose intolerance so now I have almond milk with my cereal and it just isn't the same, but I still drink some cups of plant-based chocolate milk whenever a craving hits.
Original post by Quady
Because it would take a few squirrels to get a mouthful and there aren't that many lions in the UK?

You seem to ignore goat milk, though that's not to my tastes.

Pig milk tastes even stronger and they yield a 6th of the milk of a cow. I doubt deer yield much either but apparently it tastes decent.

Drinking milk is not normal. Well might be normal to you, but it is not biologically normal if you REALLY think about it. What other animal drinks the milk of another species bar humans? None!
What other animal drinks the milk of another species bar humans? None!

Seagulls, Sheathbills & Oxpeckers.

Quick Reply

Latest